Friends With Benefits, your experiences or thoughts

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, b!tches be crazy!

I married mine :P
    Me too....:love:

Prior to him tho the FWB thing was great. I was too busy for a relationship and it's drama...I can take my own garbage and mow my own lawn and really was just missing the booty part....now I got that and he takes the garbage...:drinker:
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, b!tches be crazy!

lol...this! Usually someone lets feelings get in the way. Its a nice theory that it can work, but realistically it almost always ends up badly!
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    Back before I was hitched I had one of those. It was a good thing. I had needs, he had needs... we each enjoyed being single and so it was a win win. When we parted there were no tears or hard feelings... bonus!
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Just so you know... The guys in FWB relationships get feelings too. And expect you to make them sandwiches! Or try to stick around to talk!

Yeah, AND I don't cuddle!
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Years ago I had a few. Most were amazing and we were great friends and had a blast. One ended getting her feelings hurt.
  • becsnz1
    becsnz1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Rules. There need to be clear defined rules. Otherwise emotions wreak havoc.

^^^This. Works perfect for me.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    My fiance was a "with benefits." Bypass the friends part and it makes it even better.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    also if it is friends with benies there should be NO rules. If you are a grown adult you should understand all it is for is sexual pleasure.

Rules=relationship
  • Where_Have_You_Been37
    Options
    They're awesome tbh as long as they don't become sappy and catch feelings lol
  • Buzzerman
    Options
    I dated a guy for 6 years and have now split up with him but we have a FWB thing going, as we ended on very good terms due to not wanting to lose each other as friends. Its much better now as we both have freedom and don't have to deal with the emotional toll of a long term relationship. So far so good!

Do you need anymore friends???

Sorry couldn't resist that one!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    also if it is friends with benies there should be NO rules. If you are a grown adult you should understand all it is for is sexual pleasure.

Rules=relationship

agreed!!!!
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I never had a problem with it, until my last experience where I fell head over heels for him. I got burned badly, and still haven't recovered. Never again!
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My favorite kind of friends.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Did it once and wouldn't do it again. Feeliings got involved and we don't even speak anymore.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Got one and it works great for me. I am a single mom and have no interest in bringing other men around my kid until she is older and I know that he is sticking around for the long haul. She will probably be ready for me to "have a relationship" before I will be!

In the meantime...
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    It seems like a lot of people consider a FWB to be synonymous with a booty call. I define a FWB as being someone that you hang out with and sometimes go do things with (the "friends" part of FWB) but make no claims or demands in terms of monogamy, frequency, etc., whereas a booty call is strictly: Hey, wanna come over?

Either way, as long as everyone's on the same page with their expectations then it's all good. But finding it is harder than you might think.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    They turn into relationships with trust issues. Case in point: my boyfriend (next to me in my profile pic) whom I absolutely adore knows I'm a major freak who would love to **** every male friend I have. Consequence: I no longer have male friends. It's a trade off, but it's also a drag when I need a last minute backpacking buddy etc.
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    It seems like a lot of people consider a FWB to be synonymous with a booty call. I define a FWB as being someone that you hang out with and sometimes go do things with (the "friends" part of FWB) but make no claims or demands in terms of monogamy, frequency, etc., whereas a booty call is strictly: Hey, wanna come over?

Either way, as long as everyone's on the same page with their expectations then it's all good. But finding it is harder than you might think.

That's how my FWB worked... It was someone to hang out with enjoy each others company, as well as adult pleasures... The main thing is to have fun, none of the 'relationship' hassles... But you still talk about all sorts of things, and you can be very honest to the other person.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Excellent, its like not having to pay a prostitute or pay for dinner with date. However, sex is WAY better when you have feelings for the person.
This discussion has been closed.