You guys really like to over complicate things.

Options

Replies

• xfilme
    xfilme Posts: 21
    Options
    Im new here to the forums. I thought we were meant to all be on the same side? I may be just a 35 year old overweight woman, but in my experience, slagging and arguing on a support forum, kind of contradicts the purpose of this site. The people who are supportive are helping me keep motivated, where as the arguing makes me feel like some people here are only interested in making themselves feel good by belittling the efforts of others. If I wanted that, I would have stuck with facebook alone. Small achievements are still achievements. We are all entitled to think we know the answers, and we are all entitles to feel demotivated. We are all human beings. If theres a lesson to be learnt from this post its to practice giving one another a little respect for being here in the first place.
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    First I didn't want to comment but really.. Losing weight is easy.. Well I am so happy its easy for you but you are you and not everyone else.. Why are you here??? YOU Obviously need some kind of help with your health and fitness or just here to make people feel like **** cause its not easy.. If it bothers you don't read the posts, that's easy!!

Please read the rest of the thread. OP and everyone else weren't saying that losing weight is easy, in fact many of us said it was difficult. But the concept and process of losing weight are easy.It's your mind that makes it difficult.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Yea but everyone is special thats why some people cant lose weight (sarcasm)

Well...

And that's that.
    Losing weight isn't easy, but over-complicating it isn't needed. That's it. End of story. The end.
  • FixIngMe13
    Options
    First I didn't want to comment but really.. Losing weight is easy.. Well I am so happy its easy for you but you are you and not everyone else.. Why are you here??? YOU Obviously need some kind of help with your health and fitness or just here to make people feel like **** cause its not easy.. If it bothers you don't read the posts, that's easy!!

Please read the rest of the thread. OP and everyone else weren't saying that losing weight is easy, in fact many of us said it was difficult. But the concept and process of losing weight are easy.It's your mind that makes it difficult.

DING DING DING!!!!! YES!!!! THANK YOU! Whew... I should've said that a few minutes ago... see how complicated we make things? Exactly my point.

Mind over Matter. Yes.
  • darrellsan3000
    darrellsan3000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    "That's it. End of story. The end."
    ...and they lived happily ever after?
    :smile:
  • WhoHa42
    Options

DING DING DING!!!!! YES!!!! THANK YOU! Whew... I should've said that a few minutes ago... see how complicated we make things? Exactly my point.

Mind over Matter. Yes.

We have 16 pages of us repeating that lol
  • FixIngMe13
    Options

Mind over Matter. Yes.

We have 16 pages of us repeating that lol

Well it takes some butterfly's a little *longer* to process this information. Lets just wait for everyone to catch up. :wink:
  • FixIngMe13
    Options
    "That's it. End of story. The end."
    ...and they lived happily ever after?
    :smile:

I sure HOPE so!!! Whew!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Eat less

Exercise more

but it makes you hungrier

Its a paradox

(although I eat the same, and eat alot less carbs due to metabolic problems, but thats me)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    wow what did I wake up to...

gonna take some time later to read through this but to be frank weight loss is not complicated...

if calories out is greater then calories in = weight loss ~doesn't matter how you get to this either through exercise or not eating as much you will loose
    if calories out is less then calories in=weight gain~doesn't matter how you get to this either through no exercise or eating over what you need to maintain you will gain

I have seen the same threads the OP has, my birth control made me gain 20lb in 2 months, I quit smoking and I gained, I do everything right (well except log all my food and exercise) and I still gain weight...:noway: I just have to smile and move on because there is no point in saying naw just be more careful about what goes in....cause you get slapped or worse it's a thread of agreement....:noway:

Regardless of the underlying issues of why you eat lots, emotional, mental whatever that causes you to eat the formula stays the same.

Now those with medical issues not gonna go there as I am not a doctor.

As for those that slammed the OP for his youth...whatever...I am 40 and I still see the common sense in his post...from the mouth of babes as the saying goes. Young people have a tendancy not to over complicate stuff...and I know this as I have a "youth" in my house. Life is pretty simple.
  • WhoHa42
    Options
    wow what did I wake up to...

gonna take some time later to read through this but to be frank weight loss is not complicated...

if calories out is greater then calories in = weight loss ~doesn't matter how you get to this either through exercise or not eating as much you will loose
    if calories out is less then calories in=weight gain~doesn't matter how you get to this either through no exercise or eating over what you need to maintain you will gain

I have seen the same threads the OP has, my birth control made me gain 20lb in 2 months, I quit smoking and I gained, I do everything right (well except log all my food and exercise) and I still gain weight...:noway: I just have to smile and move on because there is no point in saying naw just be more careful about what goes in....cause you get slapped or worse it's a thread of agreement....:noway:

Regardless of the underlying issues of why you eat lots, emotional, mental whatever that causes you to eat the formula stays the same.

Now those with medical issues not gonna go there as I am not a doctor.

As for those that slammed the OP for his youth...whatever...I am 40 and I still see the common sense in his post...from the mouth of babes as the saying goes. Young people have a tendancy not to over complicate stuff...and I know this as I have a "youth" in my house. Life is pretty simple.

repped
  • Th3stral
    Th3stral Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't get it? Who gives a flying monkey what anyone else eats or does in the quest to lose (or not as the case may be) weight?

If someone wants to do naked chants at midnight whilst bathing in green tea and taking raspberry ketones I honestly couldn't care less and I can't understand why anyone else does either.
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Check out the...

I don't want too burn too many calories while masturbating, I am looking to gain weight.

pfffffffff please. Where do they find these window lickers?
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Ah, the arrogance of youth having all the answers. Like we haven't seen this many times before. Like we weren't in your shoes many years ago when we were the ones with all the answers. And in 30-40 years when you in our shoes and you know you won't have all the answers.

Time is the great equalizer. We've seen this play before.

I love this and so very true!

All 20 something males seem to know it all and have all the answers. They have that magical thinking that they are invincible.

Wait until they hit late 40s and 50s lol

You should really read the rest of the thread.

In the main I am with the OP - although for a minority their health/conditions etc might make them buck the trend.

Side Note .... Why do people have to be so mean spirited :flowerforyou:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    People in this thread,

You may be older than me and have more wisdom about life and everything that comes with it, but i can guarantee you that very few people in this thread would know more about training or nutrition than me. I don't understand why all of you have to complicate everything. If I was 40 years old would you take what I say as a fact and not even question it? If so I feel sorry for you.

/thread

Generally, age does not always bring wisdom. It takes more than just getting old to be wise.

^^^^
    This why becaue what bring wisdom is experience. And guess what most people at my age who are and have been over weight most of their life have no wisdom about how to loose weight and keep it off...a young person who has done all that all their life has more wisdom about this...
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

Mind over Matter. Yes.

Let me get this straight, people who disagree with the simplicity and arrogance of OP are the ones who are wrong?
    Yep. That's backpedaling. Sorry, you're not going to convince me by bombarding the board with ridiculous immature digs. :huh: Seriously, don't care a whole lot. :laugh:
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I see threads all the time on here with some crazy nonsense like "eat 6 small meals a day" or here's a funny one "gaining weight after I quit smoking" the list goes on though.

Smoking - You will not gain weight if you quit smoking unless you binge eat after quitting, that's all there is to it.

Losing weight is very easy - Just eat under your maintenance and do cardio, hell you don't even need to do cardio to burn fat, you can do it all through diet. I recommend you do some type of cardio though for your heart.

Gaining muscle - Eat over your maintenance by anywhere from 200-500 calories, while lifting 3-4x a week and you will gain muscle, unless you have super low testosterone levels.

Losing fat and gaining muscle - Lift while you lose weight. If you feel like you don't have enough muscle when you lose the fat, then eat at a low surplus like 200-300 calories over maintenance for a few months. Then cut fat again, it's really that simple.(just posted this last part in another thread)

You honestly don't even need to eat super clean foods like rice and chicken every meal to lose weight, Although it will probably make you feel better. I don't want people to be turned off from fitness and being healthy because of this stuff.

inb4 people with PHD's in broscience post

Of course this is true in general, but you don't take into account all the other factors. Cost, time, willpower, health, the mind etc. If it really were that easy don't you think we'd all be thin. And all the other threads you talk of are there for help, support and advice.