What's your 'Can't have in the house' food?

Options

Replies

• Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and chocolate things together (like peanut butter balls), block cheese, thickly shredded cheese, cheese-flavored chips like cheetos, doritos, cheese puffs, etc, and double-stuffed oreos. The oreos are safe until I have one. I can have an entire bag in the house and not be phased until I pop one. Then it's game over.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    mfkn peanut butter. Not because I think it's evil or anything, but because sometimes I get drunk and just start eating eff tons of it right outta the jar without measuring. I still keep it in the house though.
  • tbullucks06
    Options
    Damn. Now I want ice cream.
  • LilithNoor
    Options
    Nutella. I will just eat it with a spoon given the chance. Crisps and chocolate in large packs are also a no-no.

I do buy chocolate bars for the husband, but only enough to last him a week, because then I know if I eat one he has none for lunch!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Long pork
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kreme donuts. I hate my new commute takes me right past their store where I often see "Hot Now" sign on. Nearly nothing beats one of those fresh off the belt. Good thing it's on the other side of the road and a pain to get in and out of, lol. My only saving grace some afternoons.
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mhs3dy4dB51rx8lgjo1_400.gif
  • tds030
    tds030 Posts: 5
    Options
    BEER!!!
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Cashews.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Just plain Lay's potato chips. If I have some in the house, I can end up eating the entire bag. I have to stop myself from buying them!!

I finally got strong against those by only buying them as part of the variety packs for kiddo's lunches. I know he will only eat certain one's from the variety pack and he needs them for his lunchbox so that keeps me from eating them since it's the only treat I will put in there and I know he needs the extra cals. I sure don't. So knowing I would be basically stealing from my own kid's lunchpail prevents me from eating them. Otherwise a large bag portioned into baggies like ziploc's day after day having to touch them and get salt on my fingers and lick it off and feel their crispy lightness in my hands forget it. Huge bag, gone in one day.
  • returnofwhiterabbit
    Options
    ice cream!!! it just calls my name ...
  • vicksg1973
    Options
    Ice Cream (esp Cookie Dough) and biscuits (or cookies as some would call them)

I can have them in the house but they have to be hidden in a dark cupboard!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Donuts, pastries, chocolate, potato chips.
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Me vs. chocolate. Chocolate ALWAYS wins.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    chocolate covered ants.......:(
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Others in the house don't share my enthusiasm for a healthier lifestyle and we typically have lots of chips, cookies, pop, and other unhealthy items. I just have to use sheer will power.
  • Shortynot40
    Options
    Definitley Nacho Cheese Doritos. I haven't had one in about 6 years. I will eat half a large bag in one sitting if they are around.
  • stevepax
    stevepax Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This thread is becoming my shopping list.

I wish. I struggle with salty snacks - chips, cheetos, etc.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Like the OP, I don't have any "forbidden foods". But the one thing I will eat all of (minus the piece or two my daughter may grab) are red licorice. If I decide to indulge, I'll get one of the small bags as I know I'd eat the bulk of a large one on my own.
  • rachelc677
    rachelc677 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hands down....Potato Chips.... :sad: