Anyone else not telling???

Options
123457»

Replies

• myzticsunshine
    myzticsunshine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I, myself, find a ton of motivation in my boyfriend/baby daddy :) we wake up with our son and he watches is work out to our videos, which we do every morning. The great thing is if one of us feels like crapping out, the other one eggs them on to get on their game. On the days we don't work out, it's usually because we both new a break, but that happens a less than it would if eithe one of us were on our own. Same thing with calorie counting. We have gotten kind of nosey about each others fitness however, it's a wonderful advantage in our relationship! We communicate a lot more,and are able to find a common interest. It's pretty amazingz
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I, myself, find a ton of motivation in my boyfriend/baby daddy :) we wake up with our son and he watches is work out to our videos, which we do every morning. The great thing is if one of us feels like crapping out, the other one eggs them on to get on their game. On the days we don't work out, it's usually because we both new a break, but that happens a less than it would if eithe one of us were on our own. Same thing with calorie counting. We have gotten kind of nosey about each others fitness however, it's a wonderful advantage in our relationship! We communicate a lot more,and are able to find a common interest. It's pretty amazingz
    This made me smile.
  • lstroth1
    lstroth1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I ended up telling everyone after all. It was too hard to be logging in my foods on the diary and for them not to notice. They have been somewhat supportive. They still want to buy every treat there is and eat desserts after lunch and dinner. I have been abstaining as much as I can.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I told no one when I first started besides my SO and I wouldn't have changed a thing. I relied on researching the web, trying things out to see if they worked for me or didn't and reading health/fitness message boards. I wanted my result to speak for myself and not give lip service.

It was difficult as first, but I kept encouraging myself and continued giving myself willpower. The weight was slow to come off at first and eventually people started asking me did I do something different to hair. Then my clothes were starting to get a little baggy and before I knew it my face and neck started to shrink. It got to the point where there was no hiding my 40 lbs of weight loss at that time.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to when people didn't know. I get tired of the food police, the saboteurs, the jealous people etc., but I am so proud of myself to been able to lose a lot of weight on my own and kept it off. I've never lost this much weight before and never been able to keep any weight off for long. So yes keep things to myself helped me in many, many ways.
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Update: my family now know at first I didn't get any reaction but now they help me weigh out food for meals and my mums even curious to correct portion sizes it can be much easier when the people you live with know, but as for everyone else, they'll find out when they can see the changes :)