Out of breakfast ideas

Options
124»

Replies

• mdarrall
    mdarrall Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Some protein in the morning is a good idea, so, beside eggs, try:

Natural peanut butter (I like Krema - nothing in it but peanuts! Even most of the organic PBs have palm oil in them) on multi-grain bread. Arnold makes a good real whole-grain bread. Here in the Midwest, Aunt Millie's and Meijer each have a couple really good and healthful whole-grain breads without all the sweeteners and chemicals.

"Kodiak Cakes" waffles or pancakes made ahead and frozen. These are whole-grain mixes, low fat, high protein - again, with peanut butter, or you can top it with Greek yogurt and/or fruit. Super easy batter to make - you only add water.

Seittenbacher Museli, or a low-fat granola, with Greek yogurt and fruit.

Slow-cooker steel cut oats - all kinds of recipes on the web. Steel-cut oats are more nutritious than quick oats, but they take longer to cook - the slow cooker takes care of that! There are lots of recipes with fruit, cinnamon, raisins, whatever you'd like. Just try to avoid all the brown sugar or syrup!

If you don't always want something sweet, try cottage cheese!

I don't eat meat, but do eat fish - lox and bagel with some light cream cheese would be a good breakfast, but bagels tend to be pretty heavy on carbs. A large bagel might be low-fat and have 10g of protein, but 50 g of carbs!

Good luck!
  • xoxobollywood2
    Options
    Breakfast is my fave meal of the day!
    - Oatmeal (either packaged or plain rolled oats) with fruit - I like frozen blueberries, peaches, blackberries, raspberries, or fresh bananas or apples
    - Low fat Greek yogurt with granola or crunchy cereal
    - French toast made with whole grain or whole wheat bread
    - Eggs - fried, omelet, scrambled with veggies
    - Turkey sausage (NOT pork or beef)
    - Avocado slices on toast
    - Plate of fresh fruit
    - Whole wheat pancakes with sliced fruit or cinnamon in/on them
    - Light English muffin with jam
  • Shortjay25
    Options
    Layer plain greek yogurt with your favorite fruit and a sprinkle of cinnamon to make a "parfait" My favorite is with a sliced banana, I have this almost every morning.
  • amoymh
    amoymh Posts: 44
    Options
    Chocolate oatmeal
    1 cup cooked oatmeal with your choice of milk
    1 tsp pure vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 tbsp sweetener of choice
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    Delicious!
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Bumping because these are amazing ideas and I'm too brain-dead at the moment to read them all.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    bumping to keep track
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Baked oatmeal with fruit and a dollop of yogurt on top after it comes out of the oven.
  • lsigall
    lsigall Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of almond milk
    3 tbsps of chia seed powder
    1 tbsp of cacao powder
    1/2 tbsp of agave nectar
    1/2 cup of blueberries (or other fruit of your choice)

Mix everything together but the blueberries and let stand for 10 minutes. Add blueberries and eat.

213 calories, 10 (!) grams of dietary fiber.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    1 can of Monster Khaos

150 ML almond milk with crunchy bran (80g)

50g cheese

40g mango sauce

80g bread

two packs of sweet chilli chicken

peanut butter (25-50g)

sometimes more
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Bump for breakfast time :-)
  • VaneenHarra
    VaneenHarra Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Lots of yum ideas here, I took out my notepad and wrote down some of the ideas here :D

I also am not really into breakfasty type foods but I'll eat a few select, you should have 1/2 a slice of pizza for Bf, like i've done plenty of times :p

I do like 1/2 frozen bagel (those small pre-sliced ones in the freezer aisle), glaze the top with butter/margarine and top with 2 slices of bacon. it's like 150-60 calories.
  • Melissa_mojo
    Melissa_mojo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    half a whole wheat english muffin toasted take egg beaters mix crab chunks in it with a lil seasoning (i like garlic) and a pinch of cheese and top it off with avocado on top of the english muffin and eat with a fork so yum!
  • ChickenmommaMich
    ChickenmommaMich Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bump, loads of great ideas here :)
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal pancake

Oatflour (run outmeal through a food processor if you don't have it)
    One egg or liquid eggs
    Protein Powder
    Vanilla Extract
    Baking Soda

Fry or bake and then top with whatever you want. I've added a banana while running the oatmeal through the food processor and added everything else to mix it, it was really good.

I don't know what the exact measurements are but just use one serving (half a cup) dry oatmeal and then eyeball the rest for the right consistency. You only need a very small amount of baking soda, less than a teaspoon or the pancake will taste weird.
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites:
    1. 1 oz. of cheddar cheese, 1 medium apple, a piece of dry whole wheat toast with a 1/2 T. of blackberry Polaner all fruit
    2. 1/2 c. of grapenuts, 1 c. almond milk, 1/2 oz. of almonds, a peach
    3. 1 egg omelette with spinach, green onion, mushrooms, green pepper, and 1 T. shredded cheese, whole wheat toast, and 1/2 grapefruit.
    4. 1/2 c. of dry oatmeal and 1 c. of water microwaved for 2 1/2 minutes. Add 1/4 c. almond milk, splenda, and 2 T. of raisins. Whole Wheat toast with blackberry all-fruit, a piece of fruit.
    5. a banana split made out of one banana, 1/2 c. of fat-free cottage cheese, 2 T. strawberry preserves heated for a few seconds in microwave and poured over cottage cheese, 2 T. of sunflower kernels. Eat with whole wheat toast.
    6. A green smoothie is always a good start. I have one made of orange, banana, mango, spinach and coconut milk. Yum!