Bra size?

Does anyone else wish their boobs would get smaller? I have gone from a 40 dd to a 36 dd, and my back has been getting more and more problems. Any advice? Can anyone else relate?

Replies

• redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Ummm.
  • ummm?
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    I'm an F cup. I hate boobs!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    I don't really want my boobs to get smaller, no. But they have anyway, luckily not by much.

I used to have constant back pain, and its been greatly alleviated since I started seriously lifting weights. I think a lot of back pain is caused by muscle weakness.
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Losing weight naturally will drop in breast size, both cup and width. I unfortunately have the opposite problem. My sister on the other hand, has always had large breasts but they always get larger with weight. Otherwise, breast reduction, though insurance only covers it when you are stick then with huge boobs or you have to pay out of pocket.
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    I lost some of mine when I first started losing so went from a d cup to now I am in a c!! the around part is wat will go next after a few more come off!! I am sure you will lose some too!!
  • Im not against lifting, i just have no clue where to start. I'm doing jillian micheals workouts since I have started (light lifting/circuit training). I have been working on strengthening my back (super mans/ reverse crunches), but its like I take 2 steps forward end up hurting myself and taking 2 or 3 steps back..
  • I am neither a stick or have health insurance :(
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    I HIGHLY recommend a trainer for showing you around the equipment at a gym - they usually have some pretty decent priced trials (like 3 days). My husband chose to do a full 12 weeks which got pretty pricey, but 3 days was enough to give me a kick start on how to use stuff and feel more comfortable on the machines. I don't lift much, but enough to strengthen. As I start feeling like something is "easy" then I increase my weight a little more. I do a lot of core exercises in yoga classes, but even at home you can do planks, supermans, cobra, back extensions.... look up stuff on youtube, its actually a great resource for workouts.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    I'm surprised you did not lose some cup size as you started losing weight, but I've also noticed that cup size increases and decreases with the band size. A 40 DD is NOT the same cup size as a 36 DD. Just as every name brand of bra has a slightly different cut.

Also, as you lose weight, you will have some bone and muscle pains, which could be your back pains When I dropped the first 50 lbs, my ribs hurt a lot. A lot of pressure had come off that area.

So, grats on having big boobies, but yes, they are getting smaller as you decrease even if your cup size stays the same, the bra is smaller.

My dad lost a lot of weight and he had rib and bone pains, too. But, it goes away with time as your body rebalances.

When you are done losing weight, if you are unhappy with your breast size, you should consult with a doctor about a breast reduction. They'd recommend losing weight first anyway, but I'd only say do that if your breasts are hurting you.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    I would suggest investing in a really supportive sports bra.

Also, I went from a 42 DD to now a 32 B and I love it.

Good luck to you.
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    I'm tapping out... too much boob talk and I know some of you - HAHAHA
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Losing weight naturally will drop in breast size, both cup and width. I unfortunately have the opposite problem. My sister on the other hand, has always had large breasts but they always get larger with weight. Otherwise, breast reduction, though insurance only covers it when you are stick then with huge boobs or you have to pay out of pocket.

I once read that insurance would cover reduction surgery if the size was leading to other medical problems (severe backache, etc).
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    ummm?

Well, your breasts are smaller and your back has more problems. OK. IMHO it probably has nothing to do with your breasts. Start conditioning and doing strength exercises that will strengthen your back muscles and your abdominal muscles. I bet that will help you to feel better.

You can look online and do a search if you don't have a gym membership.

I wish you the best.
  • I HIGHLY recommend a trainer for showing you around the equipment at a gym - they usually have some pretty decent priced trials (like 3 days). My husband chose to do a full 12 weeks which got pretty pricey, but 3 days was enough to give me a kick start on how to use stuff and feel more comfortable on the machines. I don't lift much, but enough to strengthen. As I start feeling like something is "easy" then I increase my weight a little more. I do a lot of core exercises in yoga classes, but even at home you can do planks, supermans, cobra, back extensions.... look up stuff on youtube, its actually a great resource for workouts.

I have a couple problems here 1) I am literally a broke college student, I can barely afford my food 2) I am really self conscience, i don't like people watching me workout so I run on a street where no one drives, and i do the rest of my work outs in my garage where my own family doesn't even see me.

What I do have
    a set of 2lb weights, 3lb weights, and 5lb weights.
    a stationary bike, a tredmill, and a yoga matt.

Are there any weight lifting videos? a place to get really cheap equipment?
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Just make sure you have good supportive bras, and try to keep good posture. I hear working/strengthening pectoral muscles can help.

I wouldn't suggest reduction just because as you keep losing they may get smaller, I had thought about it when I was a 38G/H last year. So glad I didn't. I'm now either a 36 or a 38 DD. All the calculators say something different and I haven't tried on a lot to figure it out. But my bust is down from 45.5 inches to 41.5. Still some back pain if I slouch too much without realizing, but it's a lot better than it was before.
  • Kytee19
    Kytee19 Posts: 7
    I am a 36-38DD and I understand your pain. I want my boobs to get smaller. My mother likes to tease me that when I have children they will be size F. They hurt and cause back pain. They really suck. I hope that as I start to lose weight they might shrink some.
  • Mine haven't reduced in size at all with weight loss and it's so annoying. The slight back pain doesn't bother me as much as trying to find clothes that fit. I wear a size S, but my boobs make it so I have to buy shirts in M, which makes me look heavier than I am. Grr!
  • newlife888
    newlife888 Posts: 83 Member
    I lost a cup size when I lost a bunch of weight. So you will lose some boob when you lose weight naturally. If you get lower pack pain ladies, as I used to, try the yoga pose downward facing dog. Cobra can help too. Doing this once in a while for 30 seconds or so has made my lower back pain disappear permanently.
  • I'm tapping out... too much boob talk and I know some of you - HAHAHA

BAHAHAHAHA, you're as bad as my boyfriend when me and his mom start talking about our periods