Biggest Loser 10 Talk

Options
SP0472
SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
I know there are fans of this show on this site...so why not have a thread dedicated to this season...

What was everyone's take on last night's episode? I really felt bad for a lot of those people who couldn't finish the challenges. Then I thought ... I don' t think I could've run for 1 mile either :( I have no doubt I could've done the steps, but not the run...definitely not that....yet.

I'm glad they're not doing "couples" this year - every man for himself!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    the stories were heart wrenching !!!! i cried through the entire episode but it really did inspire me & give me that PUSH i needed this week. I love BL.
  • needlesedge
    Options
    I dont think anything broke my heart more than when Cory's body gave out just twenty yards from the finish line and then watching him get up and try to finish and just take a few steps and then go back down again. That really hit home because he wanted it so bad and his body just wouldnt go any further. I feel a little like that.. there is so much I want to do but my body just wont let me. well I am also lazy but I am working on that.
  • suecq09
    suecq09 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love this show - and dvr it almost religiously. This year - I'm taking a new step though - instead of watching it on the couch - I'm living it!

I challenge you to take the time watching the show and exercise. Walk in place in your living room, walk back and forth - put a piece of exercise equipment near the tv. We are on this site to pursue our healthy weight . We can all do it together!

I was so touched by some of the stories lastnight - and I can't wait to see them on the ranch to pick my favorites for the year!

Keep up the good work everyone.
  • wvmom30
    wvmom30 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It was really hard to watch…I think I cried most the show. When Corey fell it was horrible and then he fell again. When the mom whose daughter was starving her self completed her steps I cheered.

I made myself workout the whole show and I think I went longer because I do not want to be obese anymore. I want to be strong and lean!!!!
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    What got me was the law clerk, I can't remember his name, that said "I was the son of an overweight mother"
    I never want my son to feel that way or have to saw those words :sad:

I didn't watch the show last year, but I'm deffinately putting some extra umph in my workouts.
    And doing my first 5k this saturday :happy:
  • SP0472
    Options
    Watching Corey really struck a nerve with me too. I really hope he gets a chance to go to the ranch sometime during the season. He really needs it.

I know what it's like to have your body not co-operate. But I also know it's my own damn fault that my body can't move the way I want it to.

I like your challenge suecq09! I think next episode I'm doing steps during the show.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I could not watch the whole show, two hours is to long. And when that guy talked about finding his mother dead, that was enough for me for one day.
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I saw the previews for the next show and I think either some or all of them WILL have a chance to come to the ranch! But half of them are going to be eliminated (the half who fall below the yellow line) so it should be intense!! I LOVE that show! So motivating!!
  • nurseandi
    Options
    I could not watch the whole show, two hours is to long. And when that guy talked about finding his mother dead, that was enough for me for one day.

ME TOO! maybe i'll catch it ondemand
  • justnick
    Options
    I missed most of it, but I think that those who were last in the 1 mile run, will have a chance to get on the ranch at some point too..!! They all deserve a chance to try and learn at the ranch!
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love the biggest loser. Cory also broke my heart when he was so close and his body just gave out on him. I look forward to the day when my bad legs will once again let me run. The man who found his mother dead on the floor also struck a cord with me. I do not want my son or daughter or God forbid my seven year old grandaughter to find me dead on the floor. I know that is what will happen if I don't get this weight off. I too am up for the challange of exercising during the show. I can't run but I can walk. So I will be walking back and forth or getting on my treadmill which is in my living room facing the tv.
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I found it generally depressing. The show was too long and there was too much crying for me. They all have touching stories, but I really would have prefered to catch them spread out over a few weeks rather than all at once like that. Overwhelming really. I was curious about how hard the 500 steps thing was. I did 100 on my stair and it wasn't too bad, but I could feel it when it was done and I take three 45 minute step classes every week. So good for them sticking though it I think it might have been harder than it looked.

Did you notice the one lady (high pitched voice) finsihed her mile with 29 minutes on the clock? I'm sad for her, I hope that even though she didnt get on the show she can find the courage to keep at it and do good for herself and her family.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    With the people that didn't "win", I knew they were still going to be on the show but as a separate team like how the Biggest Loser usually does it =)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    What got me was the law clerk, I can't remember his name, that said "I was the son of an overweight mother"
    I never want my son to feel that way or have to saw those words :sad:

I didn't watch the show last year, but I'm deffinately putting some extra umph in my workouts.
    And doing my first 5k this saturday :happy:

Wow, that's too awesome.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I was kinda ashamed to watch in the past, I had my head in the sand ,and changing channels, Id see it with the numbers, i.e, the weigh ins and feel so much guilt, Id keep changing the channels , and of course feel lots of guilt

I watched it for the first time this year, and wow, what an incredible show

I will say this, and again, Im ONLY speaking for myself, but when they showed that poor girl, the one who had a brother , who was an Emergency Technician fellow( he was photos sitting on a table with a fire mans hat in his lap) that died 5 days after he wasnt picked fror the show in his sleeep, I gotta tell you , that was incentive enough for me to do something about my lifestyle.......

See, I learn from others, and when I saw that one guy talk about finding his mom deceased, when I saw that one girl remembering her brother who died in his sleep, when I saw that one boy talk about his mom and how obese, or the girl whos daughter had not eaten or drank fluids because she was so scared she would end up like her mom..........well

Thats all the inspiration I need to get outta bed at 4: 30 , to be at the gym at 5: 30.....I know I was capable of having a heart attack or getting diabetes. So, when I do get a little burnt out on this life change, and doing with out some some of the foods I had to give up, I just will always , always think of those poor guys on Biggest Loser and remember the pain in their lives that they have had to experience and KEEP GOING AND STAYING FOCUSED...........Im staying focused.............Good Luck, Lloyd
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm glad the show didn't just make me cry :sad: I was really sad during the show, watching how much people struggle. I'm glad to see so many people stepping up, making an effort to change.

And I'm in for the challenge of exercising throughout the show. i think we should keep this thread going and motivate each other each week :flowerforyou:
  • fit2sit
    fit2sit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Since I don't have satellite I have to catch it on the internet. I just saw detroit. I feel sorry for the one person that didn't make it to the campus. Very emoitional for those people. Hopefully they'll keep tabs on them and see if they lost throughout the season.
  • needlesedge
    Options
    SP0472
    I totally came to the realization that I chose to eat what I eat and I chose to not work out and not move so I cant sit and complain about it unless I am willing to get up and do something about it. Last nights episode kinda made that click in me.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Oh man I bawled my face off, I've never seen it before...i watched the first 20 minutes of it and had to change the channel. I don't know if it was ansthetic anxiety or empathy, but I don't think I can be devoted to this show if I'm going to continue to cry like that.
  • SP0472
    Options
    SP0472
    I totally came to the realization that I chose to eat what I eat and I chose to not work out and not move so I cant sit and complain about it unless I am willing to get up and do something about it. Last nights episode kinda made that click in me.

EXACTLY! I got to 340lbs all on my own. Nobody forced me to eat that whole medium sized Pizza Hut Supreme pizza in one sitting and wash it down with 2L of pop. That choice was mine.

I came across a quote from Lao Tzu that I love - "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."