GAINED 10 POUNDS IN 1 DAY! :(

Options
1235»

Replies

• sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    doubt it very much..i ate like crap yesterday too, and it was only over a pound..even last summer when i was on vacay for a week, and ate EVERYTHING i wanted, i only gained 5 pounds..unless you swallowed a baby whole , or poured salt down your throat, i wouldnt be so upset

Bwahahahaha!!! Thanks for the morning laugh!!! Now to clean up the water I spit out. :laugh:
  • SaraLily
    SaraLily Posts: 30
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone else.
    I weighted myself yesterday and to my horror, the scale said I was 143 pounds.:sad:
    This morning after peeing, I was 138. :bigsmile: :blushing:

Don't worry about it.
  • czrewor
    czrewor Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you need a binge so you feel guilty enough to realise what your doing to yourself. Everything in moderation, like last night myself my wife and son shared a large mcdonalds fries, wouldnt eat all to myself, look at it as a learning curb and just move on and continue to diet :)
  • momhartman
    Options
    You CAN gain 10 pounds in a day! It's water weight. Combined with being really swollen and feeling lousy, shortness of breath or pressure on your lungs it is a serious condition. It's called congestive heart failure. Anytime you gain more than 2 pounds in a day it's water weight. I would suggest anyone gaining 10 lbs a day to set an appointment with your doctor now! And if you start feeling worse or anything go to the ER. Sometimes it can be caught before the actual heart failure and controlled with daily weighing diuretics, and other health measures.

Lemon can help if you are trying to get a little water off. I think vinegar can too.

But yeah 10 lbs in one day CAN happen. It just means something is wrong. As an EMT the drastic water gain and severe edema, I hope she got looked at. If not then...hopefully she doesn't run into major problems later
  • momhartman
    Options
    So it's sort of like someone saying "hey my son's lips are a bit blue" and you saying "what that's stupid! No one has blue lips! You probably just need to change a light bulb...or get a brain or something!"

When in fact, lips SHOULDN'T be blue but they still CAN be, and it means GET HELP!
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    OMG! This topic just made me realise the weight gain I had this morning (which I chose not to record) was caused by the sodium in the meal I ate out, not the amount of calories in that meal.

I should have remembered the sodium thing.

I even said while I was eating it "It is a little too salty, but otherwise delicious"

:P
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Also, your scale might be messed up. Mine gives me a different weight, depending on what tile it is on. I need a new one, or a new floor...