McDonalds Grilled Chicken Sandwich

Options

Replies

• howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-mcdonalds-premium-grilled-chicken-classic-i84375

If you cut the insane amount of mayo they plop on it and you do not have high blood pressure then eat them. They are super high in protein and the calories are not too bad.

Just make sure that you watch your sodium in the rest of your daily food intake.

What do people have against mayo? Idgi
    Personal preference??
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-mcdonalds-premium-grilled-chicken-classic-i84375

If you cut the insane amount of mayo they plop on it and you do not have high blood pressure then eat them. They are super high in protein and the calories are not too bad.

Just make sure that you watch your sodium in the rest of your daily food intake.

Personal preference??

I feel like when people tell you to scrap of the mayo or cut out the mayo they're speaking out of more than personal preference. It's not like they said "because it tastes bad' or "because I personally don't like it", but rather are suggesting people don't eat it.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

As someone who follows keto, I'm encouraged to add mayo to things. :bigsmile:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm a McChicken person, myself. A dollar and delicious!
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The white bread and mayo are empty calories. Eat them as a treat, not as a mainstay. Or at least, chuck the bread and scrape off some of the mayo.

Plus, as a purely political statement, they pay minimal wage while the owners have massive profits. I also find it ironic that they support Ronald McDonald House for families of sick children, while they actively contribute to the ill health of these children.

But I eat white bread everyday, and not low cal white bread either (cause lol). Why in the world would I remove it from my diet as a mainstay (Or dare I say 'pillar') Next you'll be telling me my daily white rice/potato/pasta has to go.

Also I feel like white bread is a pretty crappy treat.

be my friend.
  • Achrya
    Options
    The white bread and mayo are empty calories. Eat them as a treat, not as a mainstay. Or at least, chuck the bread and scrape off some of the mayo.

Plus, as a purely political statement, they pay minimal wage while the owners have massive profits. I also find it ironic that they support Ronald McDonald House for families of sick children, while they actively contribute to the ill health of these children.

But I eat white bread everyday, and not low cal white bread either (cause lol). Why in the world would I remove it from my diet as a mainstay (Or dare I say 'pillar') Next you'll be telling me my daily white rice/potato/pasta has to go.

Also I feel like white bread is a pretty crappy treat.

be my friend.

Hmm. Sexy ticker. Seems to be a fan of those naughty 'white' foods. Enjoys reading?

I think it could work out.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    McDonald's food, nor sodium, will hurt your cut.
  • MissV001
    Options
    The chicken McDonalds uses is full of hormones. These hormones mess up you internal hormone balance and cause you to gain weight among other nasty side effect (depression, bloating, hair loss, unexplained nausea..etc).. Eat this as a treat but i don't think you want to be eating this every single day!
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The chicken McDonalds uses is full of hormones. These hormones mess up you internal hormone balance and cause you to gain weight among other nasty side effect (depression, bloating, hair loss, unexplained nausea..etc).. Eat this as a treat but i don't think you want to be eating this every single day!

lol
  • Achrya
    Options

You're cute.
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation "." **spelling out for emphasis--> "period."
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    The white bread and mayo are empty calories.

Nope

BarX5A5.png
    2m67aFS.png
  • dressagester
    dressagester Posts: 53 Member
    Options

I'm guessing you raise and slaughter your own chickens and eat them exclusively? lulz
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I used to eat McDonalds almost 5 days a week, for 5 years. I worked there and we got a free meal each shift. I am alive and healthy.

Their new premium chicken wraps are yummy. Get the sweet chili one. It has cucumbers.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I plan to have McDonald's tonight for dinner, and I cannot wait! Sadly I do have to forgo the empty calories of the bun, but alas, I shall enjoy my hormone enriched mass of fat....
  • jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I eat them every now and then. If I do, I usually order without mayo, simply because I don't want mayo on it. Really, though, if you want one, have one, as long as it fits into your goals, it all works! I do like the wraps too, and dare I say, an occasional fry?! I have seriously cut back on this stuff though, because sometimes it just does not fit into my day. :ohwell: Good luck with your weight loss!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Depends what you're trying to do. Several McD options have relatively higher protein ratios, and I would guess superior taste profiles as well. I assume the regular grilled chicken is mainly appealing due to its price point.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I prefer the occasional snackwrap myself.

Same. Well, the McWraps. The sweet chili one is bigger.. I don't think a snackwrap would tie me over much. The chicken sandwiches don't really fill me up much (I ask without mayo too) for 300 calories.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    full fat mayo is an absolute killer. Thats where most of the calories come from. Maybe its best to ask for it without the mayo.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

I love mayo. Back when I was fat and clueless I used to love those mcchickens with the metric ton of mayo on them, now I sadly measure out a tbsp at a time :(