Calling all ladies..How many calories do you consume?

Options

Replies

• DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Height : 5' 9"
    Daily Calorie intake: While trying to lose.....1200
    Workouts: Light weights 3xweek, low-impact aerobics 4xweek
    Weight loss goals: lose 25 lbs, from 160 to 135

ONLY 1200 cals, NOT plus exercise cals. When I follow this regimen I lose about 2 lbs a week.

You're doing it wrong.

Yep. This is very unhealthy.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9"
    Daily Calorie intake: 2000-3000
    Workouts: Lift heavy (progressive, compound, barbell moves) 2 times a week, mountain bike once a week, and just restarted Turbo Fire videos (we'll see how long that lasts).
    Weight loss goals: Losing some body fat would be nice but I'm not motivated enough to try hard.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    Daily Calorie Goal: Approx. 1700 + any exercise calories
    Workouts: A mishmash of moderate intensity circuit training & light cardio a few days per week
    Weight Loss Goal: Approx. 25lbs
  • crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    Options
    Age 31
    Height 5'3
    Daily Calorie intake 1760
    Workouts 3-6x a week. 3 days lifting heavy 3 days cardio
    Weight loss goals goal is 24.9% or less body fat. Going to get to 150lbs and evaluate from there. :)
  • zeusbella
    zeusbella Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done!
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 140

Calories: Around 1900/2000, on average, I think. Sometimes more. I do eat lower carb (*usually* no sugar, bread, no pasta, no tortillas, crackers, high-sugar fruits, very little processed food, etc) which, for me, allows for eating more and not gaining fat.

Workouts: Probably an ave of 300 cal, 25 min/4-5 x week--very intense, short HIIT-type workouts or heavier weights. Almost no straight cardio (unless walking as transportation counts), though my HR is usually up in the 170s during my regular workouts.

Goal: Maintenance, but I seem to be getting leaner (don't want to be much leaner/smaller, but I do love working out...and having a flat stomach) and don't want to start eating crap again.
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Height : Around 5'4" - 5'6" ( I haven't measured myself in a while but I guess it gives you a rough idea)
    Daily Calorie intake: 1550
    Workouts : 4 a week,
    Weight loss goals : 15kg and then working on toning my body.

Hope that helps :)
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Height: 165 cm

Daily Calorie intake: 1490 cals + exercise, but try not to go over a hard cap of 1900 cals except on really heavy exercise days.

Workouts: Burn an average of over 600 cals a day through a combination of things. I count my walking throughout the day using a pedometer, but not most of my other work exercise (I have a rather active job). I ride horses about 5 hours/week (relatively fast rides, about 40km/week total), bike on errands and to work once a week (it's a 40km round trip to work, so that's about 60km per week total), do HEMA (historic European martial arts) for about 2 1/2 hours/week, and go on regular hikes with a group of friends during the summer.

Weight loss goals: If I lose another 5 lbs, I'll be under the magical "overweight" BMI limit. Then, hopefully, my doctor will start treating my hormonal issues rather than just blaming them on me being overweight.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

ONLY 1200 cals, NOT plus exercise cals. When I follow this regimen I lose about 2 lbs a week.

You're doing it wrong.

Yeah...MFP is designed for its users to eat back the exercise calories. the formula can be found on the goals page.
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Age - 43
    Height - 5'6
    Weight - 150
    Daily Calorie intake - 1950-2000, exercise days about 2200.
    Workouts - Pilates 1x a week, take the stairs at work.
    Weight loss goals goal - Maintenance since January (after losing 80lbs over 1 year's time).
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Height: 5'8

Daily Calorie Intake: 1200-1400

Workouts: 5-7 days/ week, with cardio (running/treadmill/elliptical usually 45-70 min) 5-6x, basic ab work 5-6x, lifting 3x, pilates 2x, tumbling 1x, and deep stretching most days

Weight loss goals:
    HW: 158, LW: 130, CW: 145
    Even though my current weight is 15 lbs more than my lowest weight, I still wear the same clothes and have mostly the same measurements (biceps and calves are bigger), so most of the weight gain was muscle, but I'm still trying to cut fat, because I'm not quite comfortable with myself.

I'm at a total loss of how many calories to eat a day, so this is just what I've been doing. I don't have any clue what I should be doing, all of the calculators and differing opinions leave me confused.

Honestly, no one can really help you with that. You are still growing and your needs are different from adults. Please check out sparkteens.com and ask your parents about letting you work with a registered dietitian.
  • JellyBeanQueen86
    Options
    Age-- 27
    Height --5'2
    Daily Calorie intake-- 1800approx (sometimes more depending on how intense the workout)
    Workouts-- 5times a week (boxing, weights, PT, yoga x2)
    Weight loss goals -- I have about 20kgs to lose (currently 80... would like to be 58-60). no time frame... but i do have my 10yr high school reunion in November AND i have a family reunion in Feb that i will be flying back to New Zealand for.
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    My stats:
    Age -34
    Height -5' 2.5"
    Daily Calorie intake - Anywhere between 1400-1700
    Workouts - Walking, Eliptical, Lifting, Videos
    Weight loss goals - SW180.6, Cw173, GW135?
  • mellieinkc
    Options
    How much are you losing on average per week?
  • mellieinkc
    Options
    I am 5'11", weigh 221 and want to get to 175. Would like to get there by Christmas. Is that crazy? My goal is to eat 1500 calories per day but I was told to eat 2,000 but when I do I don't lose. I work out doing an aerobics video that is moderate for 30 minutes about 4-5 days per week. I usually eat some of the calories I earn from the workouts. I try to focus on protein and healthy carbs, fruits and veggies and healthy fats. I have a small cheat about once a week. Either half a pancake with butter and syrup or some Asian food. I don't go crazy and still stay within my calories or really close.

I would love to hear other opinions on my approach.
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options

You're doing it wrong.

Granted, this woman is older, which DOES make things harder, but she isn't even overweight now so she DEFINITELY shouldn't be shooting for 2 lbs/week. That's just too fast. Furthermore, although 1200 calories is enough for some women (the 5' tall, 100-pounds and not a lot of muscle crowd), there is no way that is even her BMR, and it isn't good to eat less than that.

As for me, I am 5'10" and 29 years old.
    Due to a spinal cord injury, I can't do a lot for exercise outside of pretty gentle physical therapy. That being said, even if I am almost completely sedentary, I can eat anywhere from 1950-2300 calories and maintain my weight. If I stuck closer to the lower end of that range rather than the higher, I could get rid of a few more vanity pounds.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I am 5'11", weigh 221 and want to get to 175. Would like to get there by Christmas. Is that crazy? My goal is to eat 1500 calories per day but I was told to eat 2,000 but when I do I don't lose. I work out doing an aerobics video that is moderate for 30 minutes about 4-5 days per week. I usually eat some of the calories I earn from the workouts. I try to focus on protein and healthy carbs, fruits and veggies and healthy fats. I have a small cheat about once a week. Either half a pancake with butter and syrup or some Asian food. I don't go crazy and still stay within my calories or really close.

I would love to hear other opinions on my approach.

Start a thread so that people can offer you specific assistance :)
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options

HT : 5'9"

CW : 169

GW : 160

Calories/day 1300-1450

I am recovering from a hip injury due to running. Normally 4 miles 3x per week, some strenght training.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Height: 5-3
    Daily Calorie intake: 1800
    Workouts: lift weights 3/ week
    Weight loss goals: maintain 18% body fat
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Age - 55
    Height - 5'5"
    Daily Calorie intake - 1359 plus about 3/4 of my exercise calories
    Workouts - Daily walking 8.5 km and Pilates 2x a week
    Weight loss goals - Started at 190, currently 133, goal is 130 and maybe 125.