50+ LBS LOST WITH PICS :)

Options

Replies

• BeautifullyB
    BeautifullyB Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well done! You should be so proud of yourself!
    Until this past month, I didn't comment or send friend request but then I realized that the point of this platform is the support. Thank you for sharing, you have motivated me!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You look Fanfreakintabulous and your story is inspiring and motivating! Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    If this is part way, imagine your before and after shots!
    Keep it going gorgeous!!
  • Makeupbycandy101
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Your story has inspired me, if I keep seeing stories like this it will push me harder! Thanks so much Hun! I appreciate you!!
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Very brave of you and you look fabulous! Keep at it!
  • Nikachelle
    Nikachelle Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal. Cannot believe how much that stomach has pulled in. Good job!
  • kokorae
    kokorae Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    No one can give it to you, but yourself! Definitely look at where you started compared to where you are now. You have come SO far, you can't stop now!! :) It's a lot of work, but you can do it!! We all can and reaching out is the first step.

You have it in you, just take it one day at a time!! Much respect for the work that you've put in to date!!
  • shell1379
    shell1379 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on winning one of your victory, Your amazing and your doing a terrific job. It took a lot of courage and hard work with serious dedication but you did it. Super Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • phw426
    phw426 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing....it helps to see such wonderful progress.....
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look wonderful!

Thank you for sharing your story - so inspiring!
  • lovesraspberries
    lovesraspberries Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!! That was the best, most courageous post I've ever seen!! You are so super cute, and I congratulate you!! Thank you!
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    Your story and pics are truly an inspiration and motivation combo! You can see that you are "melting" away *lol*. Such a transformation. You must feel so much better and your health has to be improving and look at the tone and habits you are setting for your future! Congratulations.
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

So i'm really really nervous about posting this. I literally never even comment on threads and i don't really add people or anything, i just like to keep myself to myself and i just use the site purely for tracking :) HOWEVER i do stalk the forums daily and the majority of people on here seem really lovely, so i decided to give this a go. Please be nice!

I turned 19 yesterday and it was back in november of last year when i decided enough was enough. Even my baggiest most comfortable shirt became tight and uncomfortable, and finally i decided to try and actually lose weight the healthy way; so it's been 9 months and i've lost 53lbs (i'm around 5'6"). I still have around 30lbs i still want to lose, so i'm no where near finished by any means, but i'm slowly getting there! It certainly hasn't been easy, and i naively went into this thinking it'd take maybe 6 months at most to lose the weight, but i don't think i really realised how big i was, maybe i was slightly in denial.

I've had weight issues and body image issues as far back as i can remember, i've always been the funny chubby kid, the fat friend, always got picked on for my weight, boys never gave me a second look etc etc, and i've never had much self esteem until recently. But the more weight i lose, the more i start to feel like myself and the more confident i'm becoming :) Throughout my teenage years i've gone through periods of starving myself/throwing up and losing a ton of weight, then gaining it back plus more. I even used to take tips from pro anorexia blogs up until around a year ago, i was brain washed into thinking that was the quickest way to lose weight and therefore the best way.

Before i started this i literally couldn't remember the last time i ate 3 set meals during the day - it was either i eat nothing/around 300 cals, or i eat everything in my kitchen/around 4000 cals to the point where i hated myself, and kept eating despite being full. So i know i have a food addiction, but i have the most control over that than i've ever had right now. There have been times in the last 9 months (sometimes weeks at a time) where i've fallen of the wagon, but i always tell myself, as long as your good days outweigh your bad days, everything will work out.

I was going to wait until i was at my goal to post this, but the last few days i've fallen off the wagon a bit and so decided to put this out there to remind myself how far i've come, rather than how far i still have to go. It's one of the toughest things i've ever done, but it's also something i'm very proud of. Sorry, didn't expect i'd type this much, here's the picture :) (hope it works!)

rsz_picsart_13768677981521_zps0eeda1e0.jpg

P.S Can i just say how much i love this website. I don't think i could have done this without it, and it's taught me so, so much. I'm the healthiest i've never been, and the amount of nutritional information and workout tips i've gained from you guys in the forums is insane. And the success stories are so inspiring! ♥

You look great! 53 lbs in 9 months is still a great amount= 5.90 lbs per month. You're doing it the healthy way, therefore it'll stay off! Congrats! :happy:
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Hey! This made my day! I love this website too and am always happy to see when it's worked for someone as well as/better than it's working for me! Your success makes me happy. Way to go! :happy:
  • fatoldladyonamission
    fatoldladyonamission Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look absolutely fantastic! Have to say huge thanks for posting your pics, I'm just starting out and have a lot further to go than you had but it's brilliant seeing how well you've done! Hope I can catch up with you soon xx
  • raecork
    raecork Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! You have so much to be proud of!! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Awesome - you will inspire so many people with what you have achieved x :happy:
  • BonTomlinson
    Options
    You are fabulous. Your changes are remarkable and inspiring. I take heart from your story as I am working with my pre-teen daughter who is struggling similar to what you stated. I will actually be sharing your post with her tonight so know you are touching young lives with your inspiration.

This is amazing, thank you so much ♥
  • ChublessBunny
    ChublessBunny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous and I love your attitude! Yes. If good days outweigh the bad, you're making progress; and it's always good to remind yourself how far you've come, so when you think about how far you still have to go, it seems possible.

Thank you for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!