At the risk of offending vegetarians....

Options
123457»

Replies

• luckynky
    luckynky Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming it's for the transitional stage, as I found it helpful to feed my family some similar meals that they were used to (and still do, occasionally) while I took the necessary time to find, research, and try new ways of food preparation that didn't include dead carcasses. Also, it's for vegetarian wives who do all the cooking to try to pacify their non-vegetarian husbands. ;)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Good question. I have another... Why do the chicken commercials (Tyson I think, idk for sure) say that their chickens are fed a vegetarian diet only?

Because sometimes companies throw meat leftovers from other processes into their chicken feed.

also, bugs. right?

I think the bugs just wander in there, and the FDA allows a certain percentage of bug parts
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OP: you must have a really boring life if you really care that much.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    ....why the F**K would you make your food look like meat?

Vegetarian bacon, chops, mince, sausages, burgers, kievs, Hot dogs.....WHY??????

We carnivores don't make veg shaped meat products.....
    Probably for the same reason your wife sleeps with you...it looks like a penis but only smaller and doesn't have much in the way of meat but you got to work with what you got.

hahahahahahahahahahahah..........you eat soy..you have no opinion I care about.

Technically you eat soy too. Go *read the labels in your refridgerator.

*hope I'm not assuming too much.

Oh snap!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Well for me i dont want to offend vegetarians and fruitarians

but my opinion is lean meat,fish,poultry,dairy products,etc is important in our body too because of the protein,amino acids & calcium,, am I right?

Ummmmmmmm....vegetarians have dairy........
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I never worry about upsetting vegetarians or vegans, as they probably don't have the energy to fight back......

The sheer effort of typing must be so draining....

:devil:

You are funny......
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    It makes it easier to have the same meals as your family and use recipes other people like. They're just....easy.

And I like them.
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    When did we decide animals should be meat shaped and cooked into things like hamburgers, hot dogs, deli slices? These are constructs of the human imagination that formed a massive animal into another product/image. We are just applying the same construction by using different ingredients. Now are those highly processed faux meats all that great for you? That's another story altogether.

I agree with this totally, even though Im an omnivore. ( but I was pesc. For 2 months veg for 3 months then veag for another 3 months, not sure if that counts! Lol)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Why the "F**K" would you care?

Also, do you think you're the first to bring this up? This subject's been done to death.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    As a former vegetarian...the key to offending them is to open your mouth and have sound come out. They will take it personally.

I actually take offense to the fact that you think we all would be offended by anything that any 'meat' eater would have to say. It has nothing to do with that, but sometimes just the sheer ignorance, or lack of understanding that people don't care to have for other people's eating habits. And this can even be applied for vegetarians/vegans aswell because I know we can be just as rude in that if no one eats like us, then they're all unhealthy *kitten*.

I've never really understood why they make meat substitutes still in the form of meat, I'm not really sure what other form they could make them in. I mean, if you're really creative you could always make your food in fun shapes like flowers, game characters, etc. But that always begs the question why don't you just cook and eat the whole animal carcass instead of eating it bit by bit. Seeing the face would be too much? It's an annoying question to answer because I don't know why they do it, like some mentioned, I liked the taste of meat before I gave it up, but the alternative taste so much better. I mean, cactus jerkey? Who the hell could pass that up.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Why do people shape veg into faces? Why don't they just eat faces?
    6a00d8341c00f553ef01116900ca52970c-350wi
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I never worry about upsetting vegetarians or vegans, as they probably don't have the energy to fight back......

Watch it, I know some of vegetarians and vegans who could beat you up :smile:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    OP: you must have a really boring life if you really care that much.

QFT
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Vegetarian bacon, chops, mince, sausages, burgers, kievs, Hot dogs.....WHY??????

Those things aren't meat shaped. For a lot of those things the meat has been ground up and made into easy to eat shapes. I didn't read the comments, maybe someone already said this.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of meat. I don't like the ethics.
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options

My wife is vegetarian, and we have this discussion all the time. There's a vegan restaurant we go to now and then and they are awful about this. Don't ask for a salad or a vegetable stir fry, they won't have it. But they have veggie burgers, tacos, Jamaican jerk sandwiches, all kinds of great, meaty foods... made out of vegetables.

The one thing I'll say is this-- when you grew up eating a burger, sometimes you just want a burger, even if there's no meat in it.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

You are funny......

I disagree with the premise...But this reminds me of a bit from one of the first comedians I ever saw live who I love. Link below listen to "Snorers & Vegetarians". Its like a minute into the track.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/Miniskirts+and+Muffins/243034

I will duck now
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

You are funny......

I disagree with the premise...But this reminds me of a bit from one of the first comedians I ever saw live who I love. Link below listen to "Snorers & Vegetarians". Its like a minute into the track.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/Miniskirts+and+Muffins/243034

I will duck now

You are lucky I like you :wink:
This discussion has been closed.