Replies

• m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I thought clean eating meant no dirty dishes
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I just ate a half dozen donuts! YUM! u mad bro?

:drinker:

And I had *one* doughnut this morning, and didn't go back for seconds. There are still a couple left in the box, but one was enough for me. I think the whole point is to find what keeps you nourished and makes you happy at the same time.

Any edible substance that provides nutrients to your body and makes you say "YUM!" is a *good* thing, not a bad thing. The whole point is to not stress out or feel guilty about eating. Stress and guilt are much more dangerous for the body than *any* doughnut ever could be.
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    :yawn:

I don't eat clean to lose weight.

I don't let crappy processed artificial "food" control my life anymore.

I don't give a damn about "macros" & "low fat this/fat free that" BS.

I eat clean for MY HEALTH!

My health will ALWAYS come first.

Such a shame some people don't even know what REAL food is anymore tsk tsk tsk smdh.
  • beckerkra
    beckerkra Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Here, everyone have a nice fresh nose banana, and settle down.. ^.^

oie_27836164HV73vqr.gif
  • adiostrasero
    adiostrasero Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...

I do agree with his article in that nutrition is far, far more complex than a lot of people on special, strict diets might have you believe. And I have read in multiple studies that the most harmful thing for your health is excess calorie intake, regardless of where those calories come from.

That said, it is obviously much easier to eat too many calories if you're eating high-calorie foods. That's what "clean" eating means to me - avoiding foods that are full of empty calories not because I see them as "poison" but because I know I'm going to be hungry again too soon.
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Options

lol - I wish! In my house, it means more dishes!
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    How about an article looking at the difference between 'consitent reasoning' vs 'self-serving myths'. Anyone who thinks the referenced article has any real value please continue eating all the foods that are generally considered "bad". In copious amounts, preferably. Its the only remaining form of natural selection in our bubble wrapped society.

The article is nothing more than the common sawdust filler of the internet information age. It simply restates popular contradictions in a manner that appears organized, and thus mistaken for 'good reasoning'.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Very interesting. My take on "clean": I think that the body would be best served eating what is found only in nature, We didn't eat processed foods when we were hunters and gathers. We ate meat, berries, fruits and vegetables and nuts. We drank only water. I doubt there were many overweight folks back then. That being said, we live in a different time, one with cake and mac and cheese and all and it's delicious, so I won't stop eating it. But that stuff should not be primary in our diet and for a lot of people it is, and there you have the basis for a lot of health problems. Everything in moderation, balanced diet will always be best in my opinion.
    Maybe not overweight, but many died of disease and sickness at an early age. While I don't disagree that eating more nutrient dense food is a better option, it can easily be said that people today (due to better health care compared to caveman times) live longer even eating bad.
    I will definitely agree that moderation is best. One of the factors in a healthy life is happiness. And for many, eating what they like is part of that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Caveman say you are smart.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    How about an article looking at the difference between 'consitent reasoning' vs 'self-serving myths'. Anyone who thinks the referenced article has any real value please continue eating all the foods that are generally considered "bad". In copious amounts, preferably. Its the only remaining form of natural selection in our bubble wrapped society.

The article is nothing more than the common sawdust filler of the internet information age. It simply restates popular contradictions in a manner that appears organized, and thus mistaken for 'good reasoning'.
    Yeah, COPIOUS. Why are you assuming that eating "bad" foods, (whatever the definition of that is), in moderation, will lead to a shorter life span? Eating clean in copious amounts won't do you any favours either.
  • HefferSprint
    HefferSprint Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Good article. Going to the state fair this weekend. Was on the fence about what to eat. Corndog it is!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

106 references that are almost entirely scientific studies published in legitimate, peer-reviewed journals, and you call it "sawdust filler?"

too-much-science-gif.gif
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Very interesting. My take on "clean": I think that the body would be best served eating what is found only in nature, We didn't eat processed foods when we were hunters and gathers. We ate meat, berries, fruits and vegetables and nuts. We drank only water. I doubt there were many overweight folks back then. That being said, we live in a different time, one with cake and mac and cheese and all and it's delicious, so I won't stop eating it. But that stuff should not be primary in our diet and for a lot of people it is, and there you have the basis for a lot of health problems. Everything in moderation, balanced diet will always be best in my opinion.

I concur. All of the additives, preservatives, and...hydrogenated whatevers...can't be great. However, I do imagine it effects some people more than others. I say try clean eating and if it helps, keep at it.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Here is a really good read.................

http://www.myosynthesis.com/calories-arent-calories

The difficulty is to try and teach the multitude that something can be true and untrue at the same time.

–Arthur Schopenhauer
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Here is a really good read.................

http://www.myosynthesis.com/calories-arent-calories

The difficulty is to try and teach the multitude that something can be true and untrue at the same time.

–Arthur Schopenhauer

This is another good one. I particularly liked this:
    Calories are calories. A unit of energy can’t be anything but a unit of energy. How accurate we are at estimating the calorie content of any given food, and what our body does with those calories, is up for debate. Both the energy-in and energy-out variables are dependent on the interplay between our biological tendencies, how the food’s nutrient content affects the energy available to our bodies, and our psychological and behavioral relationship with food.

And this:
    Calorie-intensive exercise and a coherent strategy to manage your food intake (think “habits” instead of “diets”) are the solution, rather than demonizing any food and hoping for the best.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Calorie-intensive exercise and a coherent strategy to manage your food intake (think “habits” instead of “diets”) are the solution, rather than demonizing any food and hoping for the best.
    [/quote]
    Amen! Where's the like button here?
  • bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a well written article with all his sources cited. Definitely looking forward to reading more articles from his site.
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options

That's why I use paper and plastic... unless I have company.:happy:
  • lauraleighsm
    Options
    If people do not believe the chemical additions in our food do not affect our health then how do we explain early age onset puberty that is the norm now and the rise in environmental cancers? Not to mention that after my father in law was diagnosed with cancer he received a list chemical additives in foods to avoid from his oncologist. It just seems like common sense to me. Avoid the chemicals as much as possible. GMO's were introduced into our food supply in 1997, but they are everywhere now. There are no long term studies to determine if they are safe for us. I'd prefer not to eat corn that has been genetically modified. At the very least, products should be labeled so we know what we are eating.

“Historians may look back and write about how willing we are to sacrifice our children and jeopardize future generations with a massive experiment that is based on false promises and flawed science just to benefit the bottom line of a commercial enterprise.” Quote from Don Huber
  • daddydog69
    daddydog69 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If the great being in the sky didn't want us to eat beef then why did he make cows so slow and tasty? I'll take my beef and pork in moderation, you can eat your nuts and berries and enjoy your diverticulitis.......
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Well, he is correct that "clean eating" has lost it's meaning. Clean eating not a new concept. It's been around for ages. And at one time, it had a specific meaning.
    What was it?