Before and After pics NO STARVATION

Options

Replies

• retropactum
    retropactum Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I come from a parent who was always overweight and blamed it on having babies. I had a baby and feared getting fat. I am now thinner than i ever was. My fear of weight gain escalated to an eating disorder. I have always wondered how people let themselves get so far overweight. Like if my pants feel tight i panic! Some people just go buy new pants. Why do people let themselves go so far? I beg that nobody be offended by me. Its just an honest question that i have always wanted to ask.

I too was quite offended by reading it myself, however, I do feel that we should all avoid stooping to her level. I've read comments saying she shouldn't even be on MFP and calling her names. Just as many of you have pointed out eating disorders go both ways and some of you just judged her for her issues, just as she has judged you for yours. I personally have toggled between both weight issues and judgment doesn't make the world a better place regardless. Let's try to be the better people in situations like this... just my opinion.

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE, CONGRATS ON ALL OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL TRANSFORMATIONS!! I only hope you guys can provide me with enough inspiration to keep going. :)
  • Jacqson84
    Jacqson84 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 297 pounds
    Current weight 213 pounds
    45 weeks
    46 yrs old
    Still a work in progress, but im in no hurry
    Not as impressive as alot of these inspirational people, and my congratulations to each and every one of you, but im happy with my progress :happy:

2n0dcg.jpg

AMazing!!!!!!
  • Jacqson84
    Options
    About 40 pound difference. After pic was last Saturday.

60967a67-e59e-48d1-8e40-3be318d53c47.jpg

Had to kind of stop when I got to this..wowwww! Great job!

*gulps*
  • Jacqson84
    Options
    No starvation here. :) My tastes have definitely changed (for the better!) so what I love to eat now is different than it used to be. But I do not starve.

Before: I was about a size 20/22 and XXL or 1X.
    After: Now I am a size 8ish and a S/M. I even have one dress that is size 6 that FITS me. (NSV!)

Most of the "befores" were taken in the Summer of 2012. Obviously the afters are quite current. :)

weight+loss2.jpg

weight+loss6.jpg

weight+loss5.jpg

weight+loss1.jpg

That waistline! Hot mama!!!!!
  • Cedarwren
    Cedarwren Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    About 40 pound difference. After pic was last Saturday.

60967a67-e59e-48d1-8e40-3be318d53c47.jpg

:love:

Everyone posting in this thread is an inspiration.
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Looking Good! Keep it up! I can't wait to post my pics.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 297 pounds
    Current weight 213 pounds
    45 weeks
    46 yrs old
    Still a work in progress, but im in no hurry
    Not as impressive as alot of these inspirational people, and my congratulations to each and every one of you, but im happy with my progress :happy:

2n0dcg.jpg

Not as impressive? HAH!! VERY impressive! You look 10 years younger, and so healthy. Your success is every bit as impressive as any I have seen.
    Keep up the great work!!:flowerforyou:

What she said! You look fabulous! Contragulations!
  • thickemadama
    thickemadama Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    can someone please tell me what "bump" means.....thanks
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Before 241
    After 157

I've just hit target, it took 18 months ish :)

Xx

5b100996-9f5c-4cc9-9350-81caa1bf9bdf_zpsd22564ce.jpg

064607aa-eb5e-4409-9336-0cd5b550ebeb_zps6c7ba8d6.jpg

DAMN! You look so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I please look as good as you?
  • chantwizzle83
    chantwizzle83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I sincerely hope you're not offended by what I'm about to say. Some people (alot of people) stress eat. So where you'll stress about getting fat. And are perhaps uncomfortable with food. Other people find comfort in food. They might not think, or care, what it's doing to them because they feel better. Just like for anorexics or bulemics, not eating gives them some kind of pleasure. It's about control. Where an anorexic likes to control the portion and how much is on the plate. Someone with an over eating disorder is more concerned with getting a high off comfort foods. You might look in the mirror and see a fat person, where other people see skin and bones. What I've heard most, and what I've lived. Is that the fat just creeps up on you. And sometimes, you think you're making a healthy choice. But then you want the dressing and the bread and the bacon bits on your salad. I know I've been guilty of that many times. I also feel like dieting has caused me to obsess over how I look. I get discouraged by the scale. And then I feel like eating the weight of my feelings in ice cream. Maybe you see yourself as fat and decide not to eat that day. Does this make sense? I don't want to upset anyone. Or hurt anyone's feelings. But when you ask how people can let themselves get fat. The same question goes to how can you punish yourself by getting so thin? How can alcoholics keep drinking, even though they know its killing them. It's a slippery slope. But we're all here to better ourselves. For support and motivation. I want everyone here to be successful. Whether you're trying to lose 10 lbs or 400. I started watching Supersize vs Superskinny a while back. It's really opened my eyes as to why people eat the way they do. And different attitudes towards foods and body image.
  • Fitscorcher
    Options
    WOW, well done! You look amazing! You are truly an inspiration. You have given me hope, I'm 392 pounds and can't see myself being any different which is my biggest problem. You have shown me it can be done though. Thank you and a huge WELL DONE!
  • leslilippthomas
    Options
    Thank you to EVERY ONE of you that have posted pictures. YOU ARE ALL INSPIRATIONAL to me!!! :) Your hard work, and determination has paid off!!! CONGRATULATIONS to you ALL!:flowerforyou:
  • Magjistare
    Options
    Thank you all for posting!
  • Magjistare
    Options
    i have eaten 1800 calories for most of my journey. I started at 380 pounds and still have 40-50 pounds to go....my current photo was taken about 3 weeks ago....my thighs are horrible as I have a lot of excess skin and dont normally let anyone see them but this is my most recent pic...so before pic is at 380 pounds and current photo at 200 pounds :)

Before pic:

1704image2.png

Current pic:

12050_10151790528976062_1932886738_n1_zps4de30f63.jpg

Congratulations Kaz and you look wonderful! I just started MFP about 6 weeks ago and have been keeping it right around 1850. My question for you is one that's been rattling around in my head for a bit: You had a steady drop in weight at 1800? I think many of us are under the assumption that as we get lighter, we'll have to decrease our food intake even more.
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Before 241
    After 157

I've just hit target, it took 18 months ish :)

Xx

5b100996-9f5c-4cc9-9350-81caa1bf9bdf_zpsd22564ce.jpg

064607aa-eb5e-4409-9336-0cd5b550ebeb_zps6c7ba8d6.jpg

WOW!!
  • skinniwoman
    skinniwoman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous
  • betterbestbestest
    betterbestbestest Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Katy Perry, is that you??? You look amazing!!!!
    I was thinking the same!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!