Why do girls like jerks? Why do they put up with them?

Options
12346»

Replies

• muziclver
    muziclver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Girls accept the love they think they deserve. I'm a guilty party as well.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I don't. And I don't.
    But then, I'm not a "girl." I'm a woman.
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I do I like naughty boys! They're fun, exiting and get the adrenaline going ! but then I grew up and decided the type of person who buys critical illness insurance was more fun , aw well.....
  • bridgegetsfit
    bridgegetsfit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Its all about confidence. Guys that are jerks are confident or act like they're confident. no girl wants to date someone who is insecure, especially when they themselves are probably insecure. Its either that or they think that they can't do better.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Subjective views. Some people think I'm a jerk, while others think I'm cool and nice. Obviously ones that think I'm a jerk, wonder why my wife married me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • peterplsss
    peterplsss Posts: 169
    Options
    Because we know how to beat it up the right way? Jk tehehehe I am nice persun....wot
  • SomewhatCool
    Options
    "Jerks" initially come off as cool and very attractive. To the girl, there is no more depth to their personality until she begins to talk to him and get to know him.

That's about the time I back off on the guy if he's an *kitten*.

Although, I have been there. My ex was a major d-box. :/
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    Jerk is a subjective term-someone that seems to be a jerk to you may be someone else's definition of perfection. I also don't believe that ANYONE is all good or all bad.
  • Italia2229
    Italia2229 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Question is, why do guys only go after the tiny, blonde headed girls? Why do guys go for the girls that don't respect themselves?

What's wrong with me? I definitely don't like jerks but then again I don't even get looked at. When is the last time I was asked out on a date? About 7 years........ I am not skinny, but definitely not fat. I am not blonde by any means and I respect myself.

Answer me that!!!!

Try dressing more feminine and smiling for no reason. I don't think, they think you're "available". Just another girls opinion based on your pics.

Amazing how much you judge on one pic....... You know nothing about me. You don't see how I dress when I go out, let alone whether or not I smile. I'm sorry but I am not one of those girls that flaunts. Shouldn't have to dress a certain way to get attention. It shouldn't be about looks anyways. Maybe if people would take the time to get to know someone, unlike you judging on a pciture, you might see the true individual.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I myself like a polite d!ck.......one who will open the door for me, and slap me on the *kitten* when I walk through it! That's why I married my husband! But that's just me........:laugh: :wink:
  • Italia2229
    Options
    Question is, why do guys only go after the tiny, blonde headed girls? Why do guys go for the girls that don't respect themselves?

What's wrong with me? I definitely don't like jerks but then again I don't even get looked at. When is the last time I was asked out on a date? About 7 years........ I am not skinny, but definitely not fat. I am not blonde by any means and I respect myself.

Answer me that!!!!

Perhaps you're unapproachable? I've been told many times I'm rather intimidating due to my introverted personality. I'm rather quite, typically don't start up conversations, usually have a poker face. The reality of the situation is I'm extremely nice, respectful, and receptive to people that i feel are worth my time.

Try to be a little more alert to how people perceive you.

First impressions are everything, but if someone just right off the bat is going to assume something then they don't know anything about you and should take the time to get to know others. Passing judgement on people before you get to know them is the wrong way to go about things. I too have been told that I can be intimidating, but then when the individuals get to know me will tell me that they were wrong. I have a tough exterior, but let those in that I feel are worth letting in! Shouldn't judge people by the cover of their book!!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options

Answer me that!!!!

Try dressing more feminine and smiling for no reason. I don't think, they think you're "available". Just another girls opinion based on your pics.

Amazing how much you judge on one pic....... You know nothing about me. You don't see how I dress when I go out, let alone whether or not I smile. I'm sorry but I am not one of those girls that flaunts. Shouldn't have to dress a certain way to get attention. It shouldn't be about looks anyways. Maybe if people would take the time to get to know someone, unlike you judging on a pciture, you might see the true individual.

You know you're the one that demanded an answer, and she offered. Why don't you at least consider her advice (and you have more than one pic in your profile). I think perhaps you havent had a date in 7 year because you're a bit hot headed. No offense intended. I'm a bit if a b*tch too, but even when I was single, I never went more than a week, so maybe listen to those who know how to do it. You truly need to soften the edges, and I don't mean physically. You're attractive, you're strong, and your relatively young. Figure it out now so you can enjoy life more.
  • RoninLife
    Options
    Honest truth? Guys who are labeled "jerks" are usually good looking, exciting, dangerous and good in bed.

But on the flip side, there are guys who like psycho women. You know that term, "Hot- Crazy Scale"? As long as they are hot, they are allowed to be crazy.

Dangerous? Mysterious? Are they describing Batman?

Or......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELRRQIVKHF8

On the flip side "no amount of hot can cover up crazy".......

I never said mysterious... >.>

and I'm sorry, I have had many male friends who have at one point or another been with psycho females that they've put up with because the girls were "hot" . True story.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    For all the same reasons men stick with the gutter skanks. Attractive, exciting, easily manipulated, mistaking drama for passion...
  • Italia2229
    Options

Answer me that!!!!

You know you're the one that demanded an answer, and she offered. Why don't you at least consider her advice (and you have more than one pic in your profile). I think perhaps you havent had a date in 7 year because you're a bit hot headed. No offense intended. I'm a bit if a b*tch too, but even when I was single, I never went more than a week, so maybe listen to those who know how to do it. You truly need to soften the edges, and I don't mean physically. You're attractive, you're strong, and your relatively young. Figure it out now so you can enjoy life more.

And obviously I AM smiling in one of them and the other was on there because I am not here on this WEBSITE to impress people with my looks!!!