Gods at Olympus say that you can only perform three lifts..

Options

Replies

• Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    May I ask why so many would do both squats and deadlifts?

Because squats = 100% possibility for good legs
    Deadlifts = good for back/legs

Squats also work your posterior chain. And by doing two leg exercises, you neglect other body parts.

Negative. By only choosing 3 exercises, you'd be neglecting A LOT of muscle groups. This thread is to show one's particular favourite exercises and what people think would work best for them to develop most body parts without looking too out of proportion.
  • mud7urtle
    mud7urtle Posts: 500
    Options

Squats also work your posterior chain. And by doing two leg exercises, you neglect other body parts.

Negative. By only choosing 3 exercises, you'd be neglecting A LOT of muscle groups. This thread is to show one's particular favourite exercises and what people think would work best for them to develop most body parts without looking too out of proportion.

THANK you someone gets it.

You see. I chose deadlifts to hit back and legs.. no need for dead lifts AND squats if I only get three.

OHP for my shoulders which still kinda lack and are so important for physique and also gets triceps.\

Incline BB press b.c I love it and I'm not losing this hard earned chest.

Sorry biceps. Calves are genetically good so Im fine there.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Deadlift
    Squat
    Bench press
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

What muscle groups are missed by squats, inclined BP, and bent over rows? Aside from calves.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Bicep Curls in the Squat Rack
    Wrist Curls in the Squat Rack
    Reverse Wrist Curls in the Squat Rack

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

Can't see at work but I'm sure its probably awesome
  • Snow3y
    Options

You see. I chose deadlifts to hit back and legs.. no need for dead lifts AND squats if I only get three.

OHP for my shoulders which still kinda lack and are so important for physique and also gets triceps.\

Not to mention OHP and Deads are great for core :)

I chose flat rather, because using flat I can easily target any part of my chest depending on technique etc..
    OHP, for tri's and shoulders.
    I chose sumo deads because of personal safety reasons due to previous injury.. and can work my legs, back etc.. and well, I just prefer sumos :P
  • Snow3y
    Options

What muscle groups are missed by squats, inclined BP, and bent over rows? Aside from calves.

I'm afraid you've missed the point.. Those exercises might be what are for you, considering the limited amount we're allowed in this scenario... But my choice is due to my personal reference.
  • whierd
    Options

See, I am thinking in terms of long term balance.

Inclined BP - Chest, triceps, anterior and middle deltoids.
    Squats - Quads, hamstrings, glutes, lower back, and overall core.
    Bent over rows - Traps, rhomboids, lats, biceps, lower back, posterior delts, and forearms.
  • mud7urtle
    mud7urtle Posts: 500
    Options
    Good call on flat bench for sure but I just love me some incline barbell so much
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Honestly I didn't give it that much thought, those are just the lifts I most enjoy. I do see your point about balance though.
  • whierd
    Options

I'm afraid you've missed the point.. Those exercises might be what are for you, considering the limited amount we're allowed in this scenario... But my choice is due to my personal reference.

What happens once you have reached the development of your favored muscle groups and other areas begin to lack in comparison?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

because I like doing squats and deadlifts. They're fun. I'd miss them a lot :sad:
  • Snow3y
    Options
    Deadlifts work my back enough I feel, not only my lower back... I genetically have a good back so..
  • whierd
    Options
    Using myself as an example, my biceps, shoulders, and lats could use more work. My chest, trceps, legs, and glutes are great right now. But if I did nothing to maintain them, I would start to lose them by the time I am happy with more aforementioned "problem" areas.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Squat, Bench, OHP.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Squats
    Snatch
    Dumbell swings
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    3? I just need the shake weight.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Deadlift
    Cleans
    Snatch
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    clean and jerk
    snatches
    kegels
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    EZ bar curls (executed right in front of the mirror), yoga in the park, and running up snow covered mountains in Siberia. Or are all those compound lifts?

Bench
    Dead's
    Pendalay Row