Favorite brand of running shoes?

Replies

• FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Asics. Ive owned three pairs, all great shoes
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    It seems that the runner makers are always changing the fit of their shoes - I have to try on at least a dozen pairs until finding one that feels perfect - I always wear a sports bra shopping so I can jog around the store a bit and make sure they feel right.

I also look for very light shoes - I don't want the extra weight of the shoe slowing me down :)
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    I wear Zoots. Been training and racing in them for the past 3 years.
  • dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    Love my Merrell Barefoot!!
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    I used to wear asics (I felt like I was not a part of Nike's demographic), but after I tried Nike Run Free, I can't go back.

They are just so light! I love that.
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    New Balance!
  • TooTatToTrot
    TooTatToTrot Posts: 81 Member
    Nike Flex Experience.

Seriously, the best shoes I have ever worn in my life.

I have played soccer, basketball, tennis, I ran track, and I have NEVER found a shoe that was as comfortable as these.

I have a very flat foot, my arch fell during basketball in 5th grade and since then I usually have to wear 2 gel inserts just so my feet feel comfortable while working out or doing sports.

These Nikes are light, my toes can breathe in them, I can wear them all day, doing crossfit, insanity and running and my feet feel fine the whole time.

And best part, I got them at famous footwear for $30 with their BOGO sale. The normal price is $54.99 and I'll be back tomorrow for another pair since I am a waitress and I work at chipotle so I am on my feet all day.
  • I'm in my first pair of Brooks and I :heart: them!

Me too :love:
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Brooks glycerin. Just bought 2 more pairs on clearance becasue I'm terrified they'll be discontinued and I'll have to search for the perfect shoe again
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    I'm a big fan of Nike. I'm not a big time runner by any means, but the Lunarglides I have are the most comfortable pair of running shoes I've ever owned.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    I used to love my Asics Nimbus 14, but now my true love is the Brooks Ravenna 4.
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    New Balance Trail
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    I just got some nikes and they're Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreaat
  • gourmetgal77
    gourmetgal77 Posts: 73 Member
    Just recently tried on New Balance 880s and Brooks Ghosts; and I really liked them both. Watching out for sales so I can get some. I found some New Balance 880s on Ebay for $59.99 w/free shipping. Think I am going to snatch them up....
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Asics, and I love them, but I am going to go to the running store and see what they recommend.
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Brooks, Brooks, Brooks.

I have the Adrenaline GTS 13s and they are so so so awesome. I love them so much.

^^^^These!!! Love!
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Pearl iZUMi, just got my second (or third) pair. :heart: I like them a lot more than my Asics.

I recently read that every shoe manufacturer produces shoes with a different overall shape and the form upon which they base this shape is called a last. So different runners are going to prefer different brands. :smile:
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Asics DS Trainer 18! I have tried every brand and I am an Asics girl till the day I die!

We are shoes sister! :D
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    I'm curently running in Asics DS-Trainer 18 and Mizuno Wave Inspire 9.

My asics are in the second half of their live and my Mizuno are brand new :)
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Brooks!!!!!