evil coffee creamer.....solutions?

Options

Replies

• vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have to have cream, and have now weaned myself from the sweetener. I put 2 T. of heavy whipping cream in my coffee now. If I feel like I want it sweeter, I add a few drops of EZ Sweets.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I have to have coffee. Mentally & physically.

From the sound of it you have to have cream and sugar.
    I guess you don't actually like coffee if you have to destroy it with cream and sugar.
    Maybe try caffeine pills.

This. Black coffee is the only coffee.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I use hazelnut sugar free creamer with 4 equal packets.
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh nearly 230 lbs-that was almost 10 years ago. The most important and difficult change for me to make was to stop drinking my calories. It was a hard change at first but I cut out anything liquid that was sweetened. No more sugar in my coffee, no more soda or juice. I am with you in that I LOVE coffee. I started using fat free half and half and cutting the sugar in half at first then half of that until I was no longer using sugar in my coffee at all. I have an allergy to artificial sweeteners and frankly hate the way they taste so wouldn't use those anyway. Eventually the creamer became enough in my coffee-it has lactose which is milk sugar and that is enough sweet for me. Good luck and kudos to you for wanting to make the change!
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I use International Delight Hazelnut Creamer & don't feel the need to give it up. It's my one true vice. It hasn't stopped me from losing weight. All I have done is cut back from 3 to 1 a day & once in a great while I splurge & have 2 cups.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I have to have coffee. Mentally & physically. Perhaps I can eventually give it up, but for now it stays. I was wondering what some of y'all use to sweeten your coffee. My fat free hazelnut creamer blows me out of the water on sugars...... I like cream & sugar because I like my coffee very strong. Please & thank you. :drinker:

You asked for solutions, so here it goes

Black coffee with Splenda or Truvia. Creamers in my opinion insult the taste of a nice cup of brewed coffee.
  • MeanJean924
    MeanJean924 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    International Delight sugar free Hazelnut liquid coffee creamer...Great.
  • Betsnikel
    Betsnikel Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use Splenda with the powdered creamer as well.... I like that too.:smile:
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Have you even tried going just black?

She may never go back?
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    In before a diabetic states how bad sugar is for diabetics. Remember OP, mentioned nothing about diabetes.

Not to derail this thread or anything, but in what context is sugar not bad for a diabetic?
    While I realize OP never said anything about diabetes, I'm a little perplexed about this statement.
  • Betsnikel
    Betsnikel Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have found sugar free Coffee-mate flavored creamers made by Nestle for 15 calories per Tablespoon and I love their flavor. I do a lot of label reading though. Good luck in your search!
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    In before a diabetic states how bad sugar is for diabetics. Remember OP, mentioned nothing about diabetes.

Not to derail this thread or anything, but in what context is sugar not bad for a diabetic?
    While I realize OP never said anything about diabetes, I'm a little perplexed about this statement.

Sugar isn't great for diabetics, but I think what this poster was saying is that diabetics often try to project their diabetes onto everyone. Since sugar isn't good for them they think that sugar is the devil for everyone.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

Sugar isn't great for diabetics, but I think what this poster was saying is that diabetics often try to project their diabetes onto everyone. Since sugar isn't good for them they think that sugar is the devil for everyone.

:sad: well CRAP.
    I thought (was really hoping) I was missing something. Diagnosis still new, haven't been able to completely banish irrational thoughts yet :laugh:
  • mitchfralic
    mitchfralic Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    low fat frozen yogurt vanilla flavor. Honey as well.
  • mamatooboys
    Options
    I used to weigh nearly 230 lbs-that was almost 10 years ago. The most important and difficult change for me to make was to stop drinking my calories. It was a hard change at first but I cut out anything liquid that was sweetened. No more sugar in my coffee, no more soda or juice. I am with you in that I LOVE coffee. I started using fat free half and half and cutting the sugar in half at first then half of that until I was no longer using sugar in my coffee at all. I have an allergy to artificial sweeteners and frankly hate the way they taste so wouldn't use those anyway. Eventually the creamer became enough in my coffee-it has lactose which is milk sugar and that is enough sweet for me. Good luck and kudos to you for wanting to make the change!

thank you! I think I will try this first... fat free half and half and a bit of sugar and slowly cut it down. you are awesome and I really appreciate your grace!
  • mamatooboys
    Options
    Have you even tried going just black?

She may never go back?

lmbo!! :laugh:
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I LOVED flavored creamers and used them every day. And really, in a super-tall cup of coffee, who uses JUST two tablespoon fulls?! Those calories add up quickly!

Got a great tip from an MFP pal... started using unsweetened vanilla almond milk to lighten my coffee, with a half-scoop of Syntrax protein powder (chocolate mint cookie flavor) to flavor it. YUM!!!!! The Syntrax brand disolves quickly and completely and tastes FABULOUS! Low sugar, low carb, and a great dose of protein to boot! I have it every morning. I prefer it to my old Coffee Mate or International Delight, because they don't have that yummy flavor!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I LOVED flavored creamers and used them every day. And really, in a super-tall cup of coffee, who uses JUST two tablespoon fulls?! Those calories add up quickly!

Got a great tip from an MFP pal... started using unsweetened vanilla almond milk to lighten my coffee, with a half-scoop of Syntrax protein powder (chocolate mint cookie flavor) to flavor it. YUM!!!!! The Syntrax brand disolves quickly and completely and tastes FABULOUS! Low sugar, low carb, and a great dose of protein to boot! I have it every morning. I prefer it to my old Coffee Mate or International Delight, because they don't have that yummy flavor!

Ooooh! I used to do that! Whipping cream, cold brew coffee, and a scoop of protein powder gets me through my morning!

I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning! Thanks for the reminder.
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Coffee is really acidifying and blocks nutrient absorption. Your best move is to wean off of it. Otherwise try almond milk and stevia. Almond milk has 45-70 calories per cup, and stevia is 0 calories and natural! You can get unsweetend almond milk to avoid sugar and just get the sweetness from stevia.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I use truvia to sweeten and to lighten I use either vanilla almond milk, my carton says 15 g of sugar in one cup.