I need help with um...woman things

Options

Replies

• ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    No info on anything else - but doubling up is incredibly risky. The friction between the two is more likely to cause breakages and tears, however slight, which somewhat negates the point of them. I'm not sure how this thought of double has come around but they are not designed to be worn in layers - I know Durex and Tojan mention this but I can't find the links.

Use only 1, as they are designed, as that will give the 99% safety (or whatever the percentage is on each brand!) And also, please share the information as I know a few people who didn't realise!

Aha, thanks folks for pointing out the OP means pill and condom! Sorry OP, in England we always say doubling up to mean using two, I didn't click. As you were!

And good luck too, by the way, I hope you feel better about it, it can be scary when you're not sure! :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    hahahah @ using two condoms. The pill and it's hormones is likely what is causing the spotting, Just relax. And to really freak you out: I had an IUD in, to be removed after my husband's vasectomy, then he got snipped, and we discovered too late my IUD had detached, moved down and reattached outside of my uterus. yeah my baby is 8 weeks old. Sometimes s*&^ just happens =)

dear god- this makes me want to go back to having NO sex at all!!!

yikes.

Mine's getting his tied up- I'm going to continue to take the pill religiously. The idea of having a kid. <shudder>

and yes- I agree- I'm pretty sure she meant 2 METHODS/FORMS of control- not 2 actual rubbers. LMAO
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'd be more worried about why you are spotting. See your doctor.
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I always spot 2 weeks before my period ever since my first one. It's very normal to spot 2 weeks before.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Here's a question: did you and your BF have sex very recently? Sometimes I spot after a particularly vigorous session, so that could also be what's going on.

There'a a handy (and free) smartphone app called HScope (Mood Horoscope and Period Tracker) that will give you a little horoscope every day after you've entered the date of your last period. I think it's fun, and helps alleviate some of the stress when your woman issues seem a little quirky.

Otherwise the only suggestions I have for alleviating the anxiety is the same suggestion I would give to someone who's afraid of flying... look up the stats for the effectiveness of the methods of birth control you're using. Understanding that the risks are very low when they are used effectively, and repeating these stats to yourself when you start to freak out, should be somewhat helpful.
  • kasimarie29
    kasimarie29 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Try going to the dr to get your depo shot and them telling you that your a month late... freaking out for about 10 min that you're pregnant and then them saying "oh my goodness, I looked at the computer wrong, you're right, you're on time"

talk about mini heart attack.

I know I'm old enough to have a kid and my boyfriend and i have been together for almost 5 years but i'm just not ready.
    I'm also unemployed at the moment and still live with my mom lol

anywho, take a pregnancy test. that's the only way my mind eases itself when I'm scared.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I use PTracker.

I'm convinced they need to update it with an either a text or email app- so you can email yourself AND your Significant other... I need it because I turn into a raging ***** pre period- it's depressing- it's why i'm ON the pill in the first place.

But you know- some sort of advance warning- like tornado warnings or something would be greatly appreciated!
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Read that wrong the first time. At first thought it said double penetration not double protection 0_o
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    Ok, so my boyfriend and I always use double protection when we have sex. Nothing has ever broke and I am very good with taking my pills. I have just started spotting and it's about two weeks before my period. Every month I get scared that I could be pregnant, but I have never been! And I've spotted before! What can I do to try and relax about this? I know that if I stop having sex, I wouldn't have to worry. But like, who the heck wants to do that!? Please, I'd love some help!
    You freak out every time you spot? And it happens regularly? I wouldn't even worry about it until and unless you skip a period.

Just calm down. It's unlikely you're going to end up pregnant if you take your pill every day and use condoms.

Ditto..although I concieved while taking the pill..and I took it religiously. Had my tubes tied this past fall. The BC pills were making me gain weight and I felt tired and snarky all the time..feel better being "hormone free"
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I always spot 2 weeks before my period ever since my first one. It's very normal to spot 2 weeks before.

^^This. I spot all the time and I am on seasonale. (one period every 3 months---WONDERFUL)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You could try switching to an IUD. That form of birth control is literally more effective than sterilization.
    Um, no. It's the same effectiveness, not more.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Aha, thanks folks for pointing out the OP means pill and condom! Sorry OP, in England we always say doubling up to mean using two, I didn't click. As you were!

We say that in the US, too, but she mentioned being on the pill, so in context that was how I took it. I was confused at first, too, though.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry so much, sounds like you two are always very careful.

After I had my two kids I got my tubes tied, less of a hassle.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'll never understand how woman can let us have sex with them...

I would never have sex if I was a woman....
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Pull out method is more effective than you think. If you have a pill and a condom you're fine. Chill.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

That's because you like girls silly!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well first off, go to the doctor and talk to him/her about your spotting. It might be normal or it might be due to another condition. But talking to a doctor is sure to give you some peace of mind.

Secondly, you are young, and I'm going to presume that you haven't been having sex for long. In time, you will eventually develop some confidence in your birth control methods. If you are using both the pill and condoms, then you are pretty safe. Of course, nothing is ever 100%, but the odds of you becoming pregnant using both the pill AND condoms are pretty astronomical. I have successfully prevented pregnancy with far less.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

That's because you like girls silly!

I mean because women can get the worst STD of all, pregnancy!
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Pull out method is more effective than you think. If you have a pill and a condom you're fine. Chill.

this, exactly.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    BJ's, Anal, or morning after pills.