I need help with um...woman things

Options

Replies

• junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Some women spot after sex... keep a sex/spotting log and see if they match up. :drinker:
  • wannabhealthy50
    wannabhealthy50 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Put your mind at ease and call a professional!
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Some women spot after sex... keep a sex/spotting log and see if they match up. :drinker:

Though this can also be an indicator that something is wrong. Any bleeding between periods I would (and have) get checked out with a dr, just to be safe.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    You could try switching to an IUD. That form of birth control is literally more effective than sterilization.
    Um, no. It's the same effectiveness, not more.

Technically, if you look at planned parenthood website:

Essure statistics are 3 in 1000 women who have it will get pregnant

Traditional sterilization is 5 in 1000.

Less than 1 in 1000 for IUD

To OP: If you haven't already, I would talk to your doctor about the spotting. It is most likely caused from something normal, but I was having abnormal spotting and it turned out to be abnormal growth on my cervix that had to be monitored for a year. It turned out to be "nothing", but still. As far as the worrying goes, I have an IUD which as long as in place it is suppose to be pretty darn effective. I check the for the stings almost every morning and I still get a jump if Aunt Flo doesn't visit the exact date and time she is suppose to. Women in my family have their tubes tied and still have had scares. Just calm down and if it is extremely late, take a test. I will admit since having my IUD put in about a year and a half ago, I have taken two just to ease my mind.

ETA: "L"s because apparently my fruckin "L" key likes being abused.
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY agree with this one! I actually had mine lazered- how high tech! and I still get scared when I'm late, but I don't want to have kids either- hense the surgery in the first place. I think having pregnancy tests on hand is a great idea to help calm your nerves. :)
    I always buy pregnancy tests when I grocery shop. That way if I get scared I can take it and calm down. The only way to not freak out is just to accept it as something that will give you scares every once in a while. Even when women get their tubes tied or whatever, they still have scares sometimes. Try documenting when the spotting happens, and see if you can find out why.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

I should play the freaking lottery.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I guess my doctor is a liar, then.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I'd be more worried about why you are spotting. See your doctor.

Ovulation spotting is quite common, I wouldn't be worried about it in the least unless you were having severe cramps with it.
    If you're on the pill you're not supposed to be ovulating, are you?
    Nope. That's how the pill works.
    So then there shouldn't be ovulation spotting...

Spotting might not be related to ovulation which is why I suggested that OP should talk to her doctor about it.
    As did I. SDkitty suggested it was ovulation spotting and quite common, but she's on the pill, so there should be no ovulation, and there for no ovulation spotting...
    I spotted on the pill. When I first went on it was because it was a lower-dose pill and they switched me to a higher dose. Problem solved.

Right before I went off, I was spotting for an exra week every month (to this day don't know why).

I was not pregnant either time.
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Did you miss your pill a couple of days? Skipping even a day or two can mess with your body and start ovulation, which causes the spotting. It is probably just the pills messing with your hormones. If your worried though just take a test to ease your mind :)
  • PBsMommy
    Options

*shrug* There is controversy that the IUD number is skewed, but who knows. I don't really care for statistics, you can make it say what you want it to say if you change certain variables.

However, interesting fact, the GYN that put my Paraguard in said she would take it over a tubal litigation because of the effectiveness vs risks....
  • rml_16
    Options

*shrug* There is controversy that the IUD number is skewed, but who knows. I don't really care for statistics, you can make it say what you want it to say if you change certain variables.

However, interesting fact, the GYN that put my Paraguard in said she would take it over a tubal litigation because of the effectiveness vs risks....
    Well, hormonal BC was messing with my system and I was having my gallbladder out, anyway, so I figured why not? I haven't had any issues beyond really bad cramping the first month.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    My husband had a vasectomy the week after we married. Great for spontaneous moments, no worries, no tacky condoms/diaphagrams, no unwanted surprises. Best decision we ever made.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Ok, so my boyfriend and I always use double protection when we have sex. Nothing has ever broke and I am very good with taking my pills. I have just started spotting and it's about two weeks before my period. Every month I get scared that I could be pregnant, but I have never been! And I've spotted before! What can I do to try and relax about this? I know that if I stop having sex, I wouldn't have to worry. But like, who the heck wants to do that!? Please, I'd love some help!

If you're spotting all the time you need to see a doctor....
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Though this can also be an indicator that something is wrong. Any bleeding between periods I would (and have) get checked out with a dr, just to be safe.

Exactly ... this is my point but she says it better.

Why people come on here for medical advice and to 'compare ' their gynaecological experiences with others is beyond me

The shortest most common sense fuelled answer is usually the best....

See a doctor

And for everyone else who is missing periods... bleeding between periods.... bleeding after sex.... stop telling the internet and go and tell your doctor
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Holy crap this makes me soooo happy that I have a penis.

Life is much simpler, and I can pee standing up with decent accuracy.
  • PBsMommy
    Options

Well, hormonal BC was messing with my system and I was having my gallbladder out, anyway, so I figured why not? I haven't had any issues beyond really bad cramping the first month.

I hear ya... I couldn't do hormonal BC due to other medical problems so I went with the non hormonal, copper IUD... It has it's downsides like any other thing, but it was better than being in pain 3 out of 4 weeks a month.

The women in my family who had a tubal just had a bad go at it from day one... Because of that,when we decide we are at a more permanent stance on BC, the hubs is definitely getting the snip instead.

On the other side, one of my friends had a tubal and to her it was the best decision, and like you, she only had cramping the first month or so and everything else has been smooth sailing for the past 6 or so years...
  • rml_16
    Options
    Holy crap this makes me soooo happy that I have a penis.

Life is much simpler, and I can pee standing up with decent accuracy.
    Uuuummmm ...

Do you have sex with women? 'Cause birth control is not just a woman thing. We just happen to be the ones who have to deal with the hormones. If someone you had sex with has a pregnancy scare, guess what, bub? She didn't get pregnant on her own.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies but I always spot when I ovulate...
  • 220Dani
    220Dani Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Spotting when losing weight can occur because of hormones. Had it happen to me. I wouldn't worry about it because then stress makes your body act funnier and will stress you out more... Our bodies are cruel like that. Do make an appointment with your doctor though because there is always the chance it could be something more serious.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies but I always spot when I ovulate...
    She's on the pill. She shouldn't be ovulating.