Girl Friend Influence

Options
patfriendly
patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
Guys and Girls are different in many ways. One particular behavior I consistently find in girls that I just can't understand is girls almost always have girl friends that they seek approval from on simple choices in life. Be it what dress to wear or who to date etc. Guys on the other hand, do what they like and sometimes share with friends and sometimes don't.

So why is it that girls make decisions in groups, but guys decide on their own? I know the question is very general and there are exceptions to the rule. But I would like to hear from as many people, what they think is the reasoning behind this.

Replies

• xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i dunno. i do what i want where i want how i want when i want.
    but i have no friends :(
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Maybe because you are a xombie who bites them.

Edit: Typo made me sound like a caveman.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options

...I have to second this. I also do not have friends.
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options

Maybe because you a xombie who bites them.

maybe...*wanders away to ponder this*
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I don't have any friends to seek advice from.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Not all girls do this. I am more like a guy in this sense.

I do not have an explanation on why girls do this, but approval from other woman seems to be like a very big thing for some women. *shrugs* Maybe it's cause women hate other women, so gaining approval is important in making them feel good.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    An objective opinion from an outside source is generally more accurate than my person, subjective opinion. I trust my friends and know they have my best interests in mind. If my friends think my SO is horrible, he probably is. And if they tell me my butt looks big in those jeans, it probably does.
  • Tinyfigure
    Tinyfigure Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I don't make decisions in groups. The only person responsible for decisions in my life is myself. At least I can blame myself when something goes wrong..
  • loopylin32
    Options
    becoz we are better. i polled all my gal pals and this is our joint reply
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I just feel dumb sometimes and don't know what I'm doing. Simple truth. :laugh:
  • GeekTink
    GeekTink Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I make all my own decisions, do what I want and when lol. I have lots of friends!

...They might just like me because I'm the unpredictable one that they wish they had the guts to act like...

I must ponder this...
  • marcy_76
    marcy_76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

I do not have an explanation on why girls do this, but approval from other woman seems to be like a very big thing for some women. *shrugs* Maybe it's cause women hate other women, so gaining approval is important in making them feel good.

I have to agree with you on this.

Personally, I really don't hang with girls, as most are so busy looking pretty, buying the best heels and handbag, and bashing each other behind their backs.

I think girls do this because they are selfish (everything's about me, me ME) and possibly even more insecure than they'd like to admit.

That's my two cents worth.

~M~
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    We ask each other for advice sometimes, maybe because we want a second opinion or to be better informed and I like when my friends pay me compliments but I make my own choices.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Personally, I really don't hang with girls, as most are so busy looking pretty, buying the best heels and handbag, and bashing each other behind their backs.

I think girls do this because they are selfish (everything's about me, me ME) and possibly even more insecure than they'd like to admit.

~M~
    I'm very sorry that you attract such horrible people into your life.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Is this really an unsolved mystery? Guys don't care that much about clothes or haircuts, so they're not going to ask other guys if they look alright.

Personally, if I think I look good (and I always do), I don't give a flying crap what anyone else thinks about how I'm dressed or whether they like my hair style. And I most definitely am not going to seek a girl's counsel on which guy to date because most girls are total idiots when it comes to that sort of thing. I trust my brother's opinion above pretty much anyone else's when it comes to men. If I really like someone, I'll let my brother meet him. If he gets the thumbs up, we're good to go.
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options

~M~

I want to be your friend-we think alike :) Sometimes I feel like I'm missing that "girl gene" if you will.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I thought we were just required to go to the bathroom in groups, you mean we have to get each others approval on everything?

I personally don't get other women's approval but my BFF can't decide a damn thing without consulting me first.
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options

...I have to second this. I also do not have friends.

This is me also :S

At least there is more than one of us
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    All the women that think they're above the cattiness and drama that ALL other women apparently have is pretty funny to me...

Besides, most women's cattiness comes from low self esteem. Once you find a group of women that actually have a solid sense of self-worth and confidence in their intelligence, accomplishments, personality and appearance, the cattiness and drama is pretty much non existent.

All the girls that hang with the guys.... you're not a special snowflake, you've just been around the wrong kind of women.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Is this really an unsolved mystery? Guys don't care that much about clothes or haircuts, so they're not going to ask other guys if they look alright.

Personally, if I think I look good (and I always do), I don't give a flying crap what anyone else thinks about how I'm dressed or whether they like my hair style. And I most definitely am not going to seek a girl's counsel on which guy to date because most girls are total idiots when it comes to that sort of thing. I trust my brother's opinion above pretty much anyone else's when it comes to men. If I really like someone, I'll let my brother meet him. If he gets the thumbs up, we're good to go.

And this, Casey and I basically share a brain, so I just ditto her on everything.