Replies

• Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Feels good huh? good job.
  • bluesy8899
    bluesy8899 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I can so relate to many of these, thanks for sharing everyone! My favorite is the fast food window not remembering your order. I once had a clerk ask me to wish her daughter, who was on her first day of work, a hapy birthday because I was one of the 'regulars'.
  • michellenichole83
    michellenichole83 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I had to get up before 8 today to go run 3 miles, and nothing is on fire or chasing me!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Having to shell out $$$ to get the girls restored.:laugh:
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I get cold more easily
    I worry about being kidnapped
    I have to buy new clothes regularly and am too small for my favourite dress (so sad about this)
    Hard chairs make my bum hurt
    Teenagers think I am also a teenager and seem convinced that my eldest son must be my little brother
    Guys congratulate my fella on being with someone like me
    Guys smile and raise their eyebrows at me as they walk past me when I'm dressed up for a night out

I get sooo embarrassed but to get some attention is nice lol
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Oh I LOVE this post. :-) Shame on you for needing less soap - in the middle of a world-wide recession, too. *tuts* ;-) xx
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I had to get up before 8 today to go run 3 miles, and nothing is on fire or chasing me!

I hate it when things on fire chase me first thing in the morning, it's so rude.
  • 1blueeyedbear
    1blueeyedbear Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread!
  • Carol_Magee
    Carol_Magee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    These are inspiring - I'm keeping the thread for when I have the same "problems"" :D
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    :wink:

While getting in shape is great, it's not without it's downside. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, I present my list of the top "bad" things that have happened since I began getting fit:

1. I need to buy a new wardrobe - my clothes are too big!
    2. I'm an introvert, and am embarrassed by the compliments I receive regarding how my appearance has changed.
    3. Exercise has made my "bum knee" stronger so I can't use it to get out of heavy labor any more.
    4. My stamina has increased, so when my daughter wants to play, I can't use the "daddy's too tired" excuse any more.
    5. I am no longer too heavy for my household ladder's rating, so I have to get to all those high up chores now.
    6. I have more energy, so I don't get to sleep in as much (I wake up early and full of energy...)
    7. I'm hurting the economy because I use less soap when I shower.
    8. #7 again, but this time because I no longer need BP meds.
    9. I need to get my wedding ring re-sized so it won't fall off my finger.
    10. When I catch my reflection out of the corner of my eye, I have no idea who it is.

What are some of the "bad" things that you've noticed?

These don't sound like bad things to me. One thing that stuck out is #4. Wouldn't you love to play with your daughter? Maybe go on bike rides or play tennis together, depending on how old she is. Also, you're saving money and can buy other things like maybe healthier choices when grocery shopping. And not too long ago, I noticed one of my rings are too small on my middle finger, i have to wear it on my ring finger. I would love to find that my ring was too big for my finger. And I'd love to wake up feeling full of energy, I rarely feel that way. Wait a second.... I think I just realized you are being sarcastic. Haha.... that one went over my head
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

While getting in shape is great, it's not without it's downside. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, I present my list of the top "bad" things that have happened since I began getting fit:

1. I need to buy a new wardrobe - my clothes are too big!

What are some of the "bad" things that you've noticed?

Aw, poor you! lol (Great job!)
    That's why I kept for years all my clothes from when I was 40-60 lbs lighter! It is such a joy to go shopping in my closet. :laugh:

Me too! The goal I set for myself in June was to be able to wear my most recent pair of jeans by the end of Summer. I actually have TWO pair that fit now! So exciting! (It's too hot to wear them, but that's irrelevant. lol I try them on once or twice a week, just because I like the answer they're giving me.)
  • JanuaryDawn
    Options

7. I'm hurting the economy because I use less soap when I shower.

#7 Ha ha! I enjoyed reading some of the posts on this forum. I have also enjoyed all the "bad" things that have happened to me since I have lost weight.

- Having to buy new clothes regularly, because my old clothes keep out growing me.
    - Always seeing cute stuff in my former sizes (which never happened before) & realizing I have to see if the items are offered in smaller sizes as I can no longer shop in plus sizes.
    - Having to purchase many of my clothes from the Petite styles instead of altering them like before when petite selections were limited in my former plus size selections.
    - Finding myself busier, because I have so much more energy that I just can't seem to sit still & I now actually enjoy exercise.
    - Being bummed out when I need to take a rest day or do a lighter workout for recovery, because I miss the intensity & duration of my regular workouts.
    - Noticing more people staring at me. In fact recently a family friend was staring at me when I arrived at a family event & had the funniest look on her face (I almost took offense from it), so I asked her with a bit of annoyance "why are you looking at me like that?" & her response was "You're so damn skinny!".

The list could just go on & on with all the "bad" things that have happened since I started losing weight. :wink:

3586363.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I've thoroughly enjoyed reading all these posts- definitely one of my fave threads here. Most of my 'bad' things have already been mentioned, but I will share if I come up with more the closer I get to my goal :)
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Love these!!

I would have to say I get cold more easily. My husband looks at me crazy when I walk around the house in sweat pants & sweat shirt when its over 100 degrees outside, lol.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Bump I'm working on my list. The standard is very high!!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I can fit into car and airplane seats!

Worse, though? There's a larger selection of bras now. No, this really is bad- my bank account is weeping! ;)
  • clmath
    clmath Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love these!!!
  • sweetace2k5
    sweetace2k5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great thread. Here are a couple of "bad things":

1. Cannot sit in our kitchen's wooden chairs for very long anymore. Not enough padding in the lower area anymore.
    2. Needed to buy and learn how to use a food scale. The $4.99 was not that tough but having to use all of my advanced education to learn how to read the amount was hard. :)
    3. I, too, am colder more often. I guess 80 lbs of fat had some benefits.

I know I can't sit very long without having to change position. I kinda liked having the padding on my butt, then again I'm glad it's gone!!!
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    bump!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!