Week 5, "H20" Lose 20 Pounds by Halloween Challenge.

Options
1235»

Replies

• TriTri76
    TriTri76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone....
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    But I need to get myself back on the exercise train. So I went and bought 30 day shred today. Any advice on getting started with it and how to figure calories burned during it in order to log them on here? Any help / motivation would be appreciated! Thanks!!

I created my own exercise using circuit training (in the system) and labeling it as needed. Until I can afford a HRM, that's how I'm doing it. I have completed 11days so far, yesterday being the first day of level 2. She will kick some butt and make you feel like you're gonna die, but it's well worth it. Take full body measurements and weigh in the day before or the day you start it so you can track you changes. Once I've completed 15 days, I plan on taking measurements again, and then on day 30. I would recommend easing into it, maybe only do 2 days the first week, then 3 the following, and if you think you can do it more after that, go for it! I started that way and I'm now able to do days back to back as I see fit. There is a thread here if you want to join it as well... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/120530-30-day-shredders-starting-monday?page=7#posts-1668300 as well as this one http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/116533-anyone-starting-30-day-shred-soon-sept-2010?page=10#posts-1666991 I started to late for one and too soon for the other, so I just post in both :) Hope thios helps a little! Take care!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Well Ladies & Gents..

Tomorrow is the start of week 6.. Woo hoo.. WE got this!!

My cold is finally starting to subside.. Thank freaken GOD. You have no clue how happy I am about that.. Ive been soooooo miserable.

Hope everyone is in good health for week 6..

We still need Ideas for the next challenge.. :)

Happy Saturday Everyone.. I gotta work the graveyard shift tonight.. Blah..
  • AprilVal
    Options
    For those who might be in the "Top 5" of my Top Losers.. Make sure you have an up to date picture up.. Imma do something special this week.. Keep up all the good work everyone,.. And those who are struggling, Im right there along with you. We can do this.. We got this!! :) Woo hoo!! Keep up the good work.. And thank you for all that you do to help this group succeed.. Ive been a little absent lately because of me being sick.. :(

Anyone have any good Weight loss Quotes? Maybe we can come up with a Motto for our group?? Any Ideas??? :)

Enjoy your Weekend.. Gonna step on the scale quickly.. I was up to 296 the other day.. yuck.. I hope I lost some of it.. Blah.. <3 April Val
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    Weigh in completed and was down 1.8 pounds!! Yay!! :happy:

Starting Halloween Challenge: 216.8

1st Weigh In [31/08/10]: 215.0 = 1.8 Loss
    2nd Weigh In [05/09/10]: 213.4 = 1.6 Loss
    3rd Weigh In [12/09/10]: 211.8 = 1.6 Loss
    4th Weigh In [19/09/10]: 209.4 = 2.4 Loss

5th Weigh In [26/09/10]: 207.6 = 1.8 Loss

Total Lost Since H20 Started: 9.2 lbs

Goal: 196.8 = 10.8 lbs To Go!!!
  • hoperenee88
    hoperenee88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What is the H20 halloween challenge, I cant seem to find it and i def would love to lose the weight i see all the girls that have replyed have lost alot of weight i am not doing like i thought i would be doing...... HELP PLEASE :)
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how to post my weight since I started late and didn't weigh in last week. Duh!! Sorry. So shall I just post my weight this week, or go back and track since the challenge started even though I hadn't joined yet? :huh:

Anyways, my weight today is 202. Let me know if I need to add any further info. Thanks :bigsmile:

Edit to add: My weight as of Aug 31 was 206.8
    Sept 26 - 202.

loss - 4.8
    15.2 to go
    goal for my bd 190 - 12 to go

Not sure if I will make it, but I am sure gonna try!!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Hope you all had a great weekend!! Mine was ok, up a little from sodium, but I'll bounce back. Hopefully I'll have a loss this next Friday to report. :) Currently at 204...well, 206.8 with sodium...

Any more thought on what everyone is going to do or dress as for Halloween?
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    What is the H20 halloween challenge, I cant seem to find it and i def would love to lose the weight i see all the girls that have replyed have lost alot of weight i am not doing like i thought i would be doing...... HELP PLEASE :)

Well, you already found it! It's this group, we help support and motivate each other and we are all striving to losr 20lbs through correct eating habits and exercise :) Not sure if you will make 20lbs since you just came across this, but no matter, anything you lose is great!! If you want to be included in the group, just post your current weight and weigh in every week and post it here. Let us know how you are doing with you food/exercise, if you need extra help with whichever :) We're all really supportive here! Welcome!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    So another crazy hectic week. Didn't get any exercise this week and was so ready to see the numbers on the scale creeping back up again. However pleasantly surprised when the scale read 252.4 this morning that's down another 2 1/4 pounds from last week. Yay!!

But I need to get myself back on the exercise train. So I went and bought 30 day shred today. Any advice on getting started with it and how to figure calories burned during it in order to log them on here? Any help / motivation would be appreciated! Thanks!!

I found myself having trouble with not eating my exercise calories and I was unrealizingly putting my body into starvation mode and I would like to avoid this in the future. Not to mention now that I'm down about 20 pounds I need to start toning up so that i don't just have this extra skin hanging around.

I love shredding I do it ever other day (ish) and have been doing for about a month. I can defo see a difference. I log it as 20mins circuit training or 20mins aerobics. Both work out at about 160 -170 cals. A few people on here have used heart rate monitors and it always seems they come out at 160, suppose this does depend on your weight and hieght though.

Every one is doing super amazing, really positive group :D
  • AngelDog1
    Options
    Hi all! Checking in. I am still holding steady at 213 lbs. I haven't lost anything in weeks. But I am losing inches. And that is actually what people see and how clothes feel better, right? So I'm happy about that.... I think. Sorry I didn't report last week. I was out of town on vacation at the beach. Yeah! And I did get daily walks on the beach collecting seashells. Extremely vigorous workouts, huh? Haha....Well at least I didn't gain weight while on vacation!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Last night I was going to work on what I'm getting ready to work on.. Last night I had a rough depressing night.. I will be getting Week 6 Forum up ASAP! Thank you all for your patients.. Heres to a good week.. Im gonna be back on track.. My cold is about dissipated and Im getting my flu shot this week.. ) Thank god!!
  • ashiteru
    Options
    i would loveto be a part of this what do i do!
  • dierdre7577
    Options
    Been out in and out of town lately but I do have updates....
    Went in to Dr's for my follow up and was in total shock! I mean total shock!! I asked his assistant to look again to make sure she was looking at the numbers correctly but there it was...I lost 7 pounds of fat! 3.5 pounds in weight and have brought my BMI from 47.1 down to 43.2. I still wouldnt have believed it if my hubby wasnt in there with me! I just stood there in awe of these numbers...I am like there is no way!! I am only 12.2 pounds away from my Halloween goal! :flowerforyou: I am on the right track and even though I am still in shock I am sooo proud of myself.....Still need encouragement though so please stop by my page and drop me a line =)
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Been out in and out of town lately but I do have updates....
    Went in to Dr's for my follow up and was in total shock! I mean total shock!! I asked his assistant to look again to make sure she was looking at the numbers correctly but there it was...I lost 7 pounds of fat! 3.5 pounds in weight and have brought my BMI from 47.1 down to 43.2. I still wouldnt have believed it if my hubby wasnt in there with me! I just stood there in awe of these numbers...I am like there is no way!! I am only 12.2 pounds away from my Halloween goal! :flowerforyou: I am on the right track and even though I am still in shock I am sooo proud of myself.....Still need encouragement though so please stop by my page and drop me a line =)

yay im sooo happy for you.. :) Keep up the good work..

heres the new page.. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/122878-week-6-h20-lose-20-pounds-by-halloween-challenge

Well be getting a new one on sunday..
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options

Girl, it's nothing special - we are just attempting to lose 20 lbs by Halloween. :) We started about 6 weeks ago so if you want to join in you can add what you've lost in the past six weeks to your 20 lbs goal. :D It's definitely not easy so I feel your pain! If you have any questions or need advice feel free to ask, hun! :)
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I have not logged in my H20 cuz i forgot how to get back here lol. but ta da i found it. I have not gotten on a scale yet. Im the every 2 or 3 week person type. I dont want to be disapointed and always want to have atleast 1 lb lost lol. I have had some good bye parties and company so for a few days in between the last 2 weeks i ate not so well. But back on the very next day. I have mostly been logging my food and finding amazement in it. Im getting the hang of it. Ive realized how I really do stop myself from eating because i dont want to add it to my calories because its junk and the junk really adds up fast. So for me getting usedto that is good. I also see how i use to just eat alot at night to a real full point right before bed. Always. Now after dinner i log it in and pretty much in my head say no no no more. Its working well and im sure just stopping that habit has done wonders...My clothes are deff loose. I find myself grabbing shirts that i used to just leave on the hanger cuz they are just to tight or show my flab. I wore one the other day and realized man i havent worn this for months and felt good about it. Im waiting for someone to notice my loss other then my friend at work that i work next to. I know that it will take a total of 10lb or 15lbs b4 anyone says anything. Im sure i have lost im guessig 3 maybe more, Its so cool to think i will actually reach 10lbs then im a 3rd to my goal. Its a wonderful site and I thank Tamara for going on TV and i happen to see it. Was very inspiring to me because I only need 30lb off and she had 100's sheesh. I also have a bag of smaller pants i have not parted with cuz there so cute.....and I know a few more months and there mine again lol. Thank you to everyone for all your suggestions and just reading everyones stuff in encouraging. One life saver for me was non fat half and half in my coffee....it taste just like half and half...trader joes brand anyways. Its saved me lots of fat. I love it in starbucks....anyways thank you everyone
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I have not logged in my H20 cuz i forgot how to get back here lol. but ta da i found it. I have not gotten on a scale yet. Im the every 2 or 3 week person type. I dont want to be disapointed and always want to have atleast 1 lb lost lol. I have had some good bye parties and company so for a few days in between the last 2 weeks i ate not so well. But back on the very next day. I have mostly been logging my food and finding amazement in it. Im getting the hang of it. Ive realized how I really do stop myself from eating because i dont want to add it to my calories because its junk and the junk really adds up fast. So for me getting usedto that is good. I also see how i use to just eat alot at night to a real full point right before bed. Always. Now after dinner i log it in and pretty much in my head say no no no more. Its working well and im sure just stopping that habit has done wonders...My clothes are deff loose. I find myself grabbing shirts that i used to just leave on the hanger cuz they are just to tight or show my flab. I wore one the other day and realized man i havent worn this for months and felt good about it. Im waiting for someone to notice my loss other then my friend at work that i work next to. I know that it will take a total of 10lb or 15lbs b4 anyone says anything. Im sure i have lost im guessig 3 maybe more, Its so cool to think i will actually reach 10lbs then im a 3rd to my goal. Its a wonderful site and I thank Tamara for going on TV and i happen to see it. Was very inspiring to me because I only need 30lb off and she had 100's sheesh. I also have a bag of smaller pants i have not parted with cuz there so cute.....and I know a few more months and there mine again lol. Thank you to everyone for all your suggestions and just reading everyones stuff in encouraging. One life saver for me was non fat half and half in my coffee....it taste just like half and half...trader joes brand anyways. Its saved me lots of fat. I love it in starbucks....anyways thank you everyone

Keep up the good work! Congrats on being able to wear clothes that you weren't comfortable wearing before, that is so great.

I think you should hop on the scale, even though you don't really want to, just to be honest with yourself. Y'know? And hey, you may be surprised!

Don't forget, we start a new thread each week. Here's the current Week 7 thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/124507-week-7-h20-lose-20-pounds-by-halloween-challenge

:bigsmile: