Salmon Recipe Needed

Options

Replies

• CEThornton
    CEThornton Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm in the "keep it simple" category of cooking but one of my faves is salmon!

In foil i place salmon, dill, a touch of garlic, and some lemon slices and grill it... simple easy and i love it. when it comes off the grill maybe a fresh squeeze of lemon with asparagus and salad on the side.
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Whisk together Balsamic Vinegar (1/4 cup for two salmon fillets), 1 tbsp dijon mustard, 1 tbsp honey.
    Place salmon fillets in pan that is lined with foil and make multiple punctures in the fillets with a fork.
    Pour balsamic mixture over top.
    Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven at 375 F for 20 minutes.
    When you plate it, pour the balsamic mixture left in the pan overtop the salmon.
    I usually serve it with a half cup of wild rice, steamed broccoli, and spinach salad.
    A delicious, easy, and really healthy dinner.

That sounds awesome - thank you for sharing :-)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    EASY BAKED SALMON

I made this yesterday. It blew my mind.

Coat the salmon with a layer of mayonaise (you don't taste it when it's baked). Then a pinch of salt and pepper. Then coat it with Clubhouse Salmon Seasoning. Wrap in tinfoil (make sure its been greased)

Bake at 375 F for 35 - 40 minutes.

I will never eat Salmon another way again. I hate hate hate lemon because it takes away from the taste of the fish.
    I think I will try this one also. I am off from work and I am going to learn to cook salmon in the oven. Can not grill at my condo.
  • dove_song1
    dove_song1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I spread pesto on it and then cover with a small amount of feta cheese. Place on greased cookie sheet in 350 oven for 15-20 minutes. My husband won't eat it any other way.
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    All of these recipe sound so good! Will have to try some of them
  • kns6374
    kns6374 Posts: 29
    Options
    Bump
    I have salmon in the freezer that really needs to be ate!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Bump
    I have salmon in the freezer that really needs to be ate!
    Me too! lol!
  • saranevans
    saranevans Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty picky with fish..
    When I make salmon I use Zataran's Blackened Seasoning.

Light on the seasoning though, its easy to use too much of that seasoning.
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I marinate it overnight in fat-free Italian dressing, then put it on the barbecue. Medium to medium high heat - about 5 minutes or so per side. Salmon steaks are the best for this method.
  • Falcon957
    Falcon957 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Broiled salmon is a very easy dish to prepare. I simply rub a little Olive Oil on top (not really necessary) and add a little seafood seasoning. Place the salmon on the broiler (skin down) and Broil for exactly 12 minutes. Remove and run a spatula under the fish to move to a serving dish. Most times this will leave the skin on the broiler pan (I place the fish on aluminum foil prior to broiling for easy cleaning). The salmon is VERY moist and tasty and it turns out the same tasty way each and every time. That's all there is to it..
  • Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Cover baking dish in foil {easier to clean later]
    Squeeze one or more fresh lemons to extract the juice over the salmon, let it sit in the fridge for an hour to absorb then add a small amount of melted butter or margarine with garlic and add fresh dill. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degree. Keep some of the lemon slices to squeeze over once cooked.
  • ajaxgowran
    ajaxgowran Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Grated ginger and orange juice is good, marinate the fish for 1 hour and when ready to bake or grill add some orange rind and cook away, very tasty and healthier option to stuff like mayo or honey
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Grated ginger and orange juice is good, marinate the fish for 1 hour and when ready to bake or grill add some orange rind and cook away, very tasty and healthier option to stuff like mayo or honey
    You marinate it in the orange juice and grated ginger??
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the great ideas
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Salmon came out great!! Thanks for all of the tips!! going to keep cooking it different ways until I get It down pat!
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    bump
  • venturaroo
    venturaroo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mflinn84
    mflinn84 Posts: 35
    Options
    Salmon is my favorite dinner food! You can do salmon sweet or savory. Here are tips:

*Frozen salmon is cheaper. To thaw, thaw in lukewarm water bath (in wrapper). Don't thaw at room temp.
    *Fresh salmon is really good, but expensive. Honestly, I've gotten used to frozen so unless it's for sushi, I buy frozen.
    *Either way, get Wild Caught salmon. Farm-raised salmon has more mercury/heavy metal.

You can grill, broil or bake salmon. I am most happy with baked honestly.

Set your oven to 400 F.
    Line a cookie sheet with foil.
    Put the salmon on the foil (skin on or off)
    Sprinkle with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and diced garlic. Drizzle on olive oil and garnish with lemon slices.
    Bake until flakes with a fork. Should not be shiny in the middle.
    It does not take long, so check often!

Or if you like sweet...

You can sprinkle brown sugar, a LITTLE bit of butter, and crushed pecans over that puppy.

Truly, I don't think I've ever messed up salmon. It's pretty easy. I like to eat it with collard greens (or kale if you are from the North) and black beans. Nomiful.
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I spread a mix of mayo and Parmesan and bake or BBQ it uncovered
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Two of our favourites:
    http://www.chatelaine.com/recipe/world-cuisine-2/asian-salmon-with-bok-choy/ (We don't always do the Bok Choy, but the salmon is good).

The other one is to take a skin-on filet of salmon and spread some mild Indian curry paste all over it (Pataks is the brand we get here). Leave for abut 30 minutes. Grill or roast, remove the skin and top with sweet mango chutney, and chopped green onion. Serve over a bed of greens lightly dressed with a creamy balsamic dressing. (Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, a bit of maple syrup or some other sweetener and some sour cream.) I know this sounds strange, but it is the number one request from my grown up daughter when she comes to visit.