Can I eat Snickers even if it fits my calories?

Options

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Yes. However, if your diet is made up of bad foods on a regular occasion, your loss may be slower than someone who eats clean most of the time. You also might develop other health problems. But yes, if you have the calories, eat a snickers.

If he washes his snickers bar, would it than be clean??
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    [Why are Snicker's "bad" and a sourdough baguette okay? You can make "better" choices for either one. What you are saying is that you have made a judgment call that a sourdough baguette is "good enough" but that a Snicker's is "repulsively sweet." You have done nothing more than converted your personal taste preferences into a value judgment on nutrition. I'll just skip over the cupcakes for now . . .

Are you deliberately misunderstanding me or only partially reading posts? I'm thinking probably the latter.

No. It was pretty clear. You should probably go back and read your own writing. If you didn't mean that, then feel free to clarify.

ETA: Let me add that a good number of people on here a quite serious about fitness and nutrition and still enjoy a daily treat, whether that be a candy bar, ice cream, or a drink or two. This idea that a 200-300 calories of anything in an otherwise well thought out diet (assuming those calories do not put someone over their calorie allotment) is going to suddenly destroy that diet, is simply wrong.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    EAT THAT!
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    You might be able to eat it, and fit it in your macros/nutrients, but i do not recommend it, except an occasional treat. like maybe once a week or once a month or when you really want someting naughty but you eat it by a choice.. not just mindless snacking. That way if you want to indulge in a treat, its meaningful and will probably satisfy you. Once you begin eatihng healthy, you will most likely be able to eat it with control.. and not like a raving maniac!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Can you physically eat it? Yes. Should you? That's a different question.

If you're looking to lose weight and keep it off, trying to fit in Snickers, or cake, or a stick of butter, is probably not wise. It's about making better choices for the rest of your life. It's about having a sensible relationship with food and not having a binge mentality.

That's why I don't believe in "cheat" days and the like. If you want to eat something, eat it and move on. Don't binge, don't beat yourself up and don't question your choices. If you do any of the above, then you need to work on your relationship with food, sugar or whatever has a hold over you.

as long as OP is in a calorie deficit what does it matter?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Why don't you make yourself do extra exercise to earn one when you want one but have it as a rule that you meet your basic calories with healthier foods?
    Cause this leads to an eating disorder. Think about it. You keep making "bad" choices and you use cardio to cover up the real issue. The real issue being a lack of self control and not using moderation.

Never use cardio to cover up the fact that you're eating too much.

having a snickers is a bad choice?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    [Why are Snicker's "bad" and a sourdough baguette okay? You can make "better" choices for either one. What you are saying is that you have made a judgment call that a sourdough baguette is "good enough" but that a Snicker's is "repulsively sweet." You have done nothing more than converted your personal taste preferences into a value judgment on nutrition. I'll just skip over the cupcakes for now . . .

Are you deliberately misunderstanding me or only partially reading posts? I'm thinking probably the latter.

No. It was pretty clear. You should probably go back and read your own writing. If you didn't mean that, then feel free to clarify rather than making a smart *kitten* comment.

ETA: Let me add that a good number of people on here a quite serious about fitness and nutrition and still enjoy a daily treat, whether that be a candy bar, ice cream, or a drink or two. This idea that a 200-300 calories of anything in an otherwise well thought out diet (assuming those calories do not put someone over their calorie allotment) is going to suddenly destroy that diet, is simply wrong.

amen brother...I have gelato at least once a week ..and always mix in some other stuff that I want...

the idea that one candy bar is going to blow out your diet or sabotage your weight loss is ludicrous...
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I will have a Reece's Dark every now and then - peanut butter, dark chocolate - two of my favorite things, and only 200 calories. 100 at a time if I only have one a day.

The only way I would say "No", is if you know you are sensitive to sugar.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You might be able to eat it, and fit it in your macros/nutrients, but i do not recommend it, except an occasional treat. like maybe once a week or once a month or when you really want someting naughty but you eat it by a choice.. not just mindless snacking. That way if you want to indulge in a treat, its meaningful and will probably satisfy you. Once you begin eatihng healthy, you will most likely be able to eat it with control.. and not like a raving maniac!

What in the world makes you think the OP can't eat one with control already? :huh:

I say eat the snickers. Enjoy that snickers. Anyone who tries to give you a reason to not eat the snickers, assuming it fits your macros and calorie goal, should be stared at as if they've lost their entire minds.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Thinking of something as "naughty" becomes more of an issue for me than just thinking of it as food. If something is off limits most of the time then I find myself thinking about it and wanting it. If I know that it's just food and if it fits my calories/macros I can have it, it's a lot less tempting.

Everyone has their own methods, and a person ought to do what best helps them meet their goals.
  • ILoveBreakfast671
    ILoveBreakfast671 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Phuckin eat it OP. It will be liberating if you've been dieting.

I eat garbage fast food, smoothies and shakes, and sugary sweet high carb pastries/bread while I'm cutting.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

I eat garbage fast food, smoothies and shakes, and sugary sweet high carb pastries/bread while I'm cutting.
    389-Impossibru.jpg
  • ILoveBreakfast671
    ILoveBreakfast671 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

389-Impossibru.jpg

LOL Bro do you even macro
  • irvisscott
    irvisscott Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Now I want a snickers, and I wasn't planning on getting out again tonight. I like them better frozen so I will have to wait until I get off work tomorrow, get one on the way home, throw it in the freezer and eat it tomorrow night at the earliest. If the craving passes it will be ready for next time.
  • AnnaBeth4
    AnnaBeth4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LOL...i love Baby Ruth's! I justify it cause it says 4 grams of protein on the package :)
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

389-Impossibru.jpg

LOL Bro do you even macro

No, I follow the laws of thermodynamics
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Yes! Love snickers. Snickers > Mars.

Sometimes mars tastes better..

I use to love snickers! It was my fav, Then after a while it started to taste more like cooked peanut butter and I dont like cooked peanut butter....so Aero Bubbly mmmmmm nom nom nom.
  • cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I would like to say -no way- no snickers bars!! no concentrated sweets!

But then again I eat alot of 'junk' as well so I will just have to bite my tongue and retract that thought.... beer and wings are my downfall...
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Absolutely you can eat the snickers. I just bought a bag of them (regular, not fun size...I know ......*GASP*) a few days ago. The only reason I would say not to eat them (or any other treat for that matter) is if you cannot control or moderate your consumption of them. For example, I do not ever buy Reese's Peanut Butter Cups by the bagful because I cannot eat just one or two. If I want one, I have to buy them as a single pack. Again, know thyself.

And as long as you are in a calorie deficit, you will continue to lose.

ETA: also, don't eat them if you have some allergy or other medical condition that makes eating them unwise.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    If eating Snickers is wrong, then I don't wanna be right.

You-Only-YOLO-Once-Workaholics.gif