What can you do now that you couldn't do 30 days ago?

Options

Replies

• fayemal
    fayemal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks to insanity, I can finally do pushups!
  • Winston1717
    Options
    Able to work out again and do the stationery bike. Broke my leg exactly 32 days ago and looking not only to bounce back...but be in better condition than I was pryor to my injury.
  • FeelingLessChubby
    FeelingLessChubby Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing post! :)

I can jog for 5 minutes straight thanks to Couch 2 5 K. Four months ago I really struggled with 60 seconds at Week 1...
    I can walk and sing out loud at the same time without getting winded (my friends have noticed).
    I can run after a bus without then collapsing on the seat and drowning in sweat (eeeewwww).
    I can close my belt on the 5th hole now instead of the 2nd.
    I can truly tell myself that the guy who dumped me back in May would be sorry now if he saw me :) it wasn't the reason I came here, but it really helped with getting over the heartbreak and focusing on myself instead of him while recovering.
  • KGill67
    KGill67 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Run 10k! I could do 5, but 10 seemed like it was months away.

Wear a pair of slacks that were too small when I first purchased them a year ago.

Good thread!
  • fit2run34
    Options
    Run 5 miles without stopping :)
  • morganstrf
    morganstrf Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I can run for 20.5 minutes (2miles) straight!!!!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You all rock!! Love the motivation no matter what fitness level you're currently at! Hope to hear more stories...let's keep the motivation going!
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Give myself a pedicure and paint my toenails :drinker: (saves me $30 bucks a month)
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I can do 3 partial chin ups. I have to jump to get them started but can actually pull my bodyweight up the rest of the way.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Proper push ups and mountain climbers. Just finished 30 Day Shred this morning and couldn't do either when I finished it last year, so pretty chuffed with myself. Still can't do rock star jumps though, pfft :grumble:
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Sounds little compared to everyone, but have issues with my knees so....mine would be......

Get off the floor without "thinking" about it.
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    run 8 miles straight at an 11 min mile pace, almost 90 minutes without stopping
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic thread!

Get into a dress that I last wore in 2008. And it's loose on me! Walk three miles without a break in the middle to get my breath back.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I can do Get Up Sit Ups with a 12lb dumbbell.

I can eat 2,200+ calories a day and not worry about it.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Wear a size L shirt. I was an XL just a month ago (I'm down from a 6XL a year and a half ago.)
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym. I have a subscription now... :-)
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Wear a size L shirt. I was an XL just a month ago (I'm down from a 6XL a year and a half ago.)

That's incredible, congrats!!
  • vicelike
    vicelike Posts: 22
    Options
    Bike for 30 miles in the big ring
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just started one month ago - and my improvements are not as grand as others...but here goes

I can swim 10 laps in my above ground pool without getting tired.

I get up off my *kitten* to get my own drink or snack, instead of asking the kids to go fetch it for me

I can ride my bike around a 3 block route twice before my knees start to hurt

I am 7.4 pounds lighter

I have went from 45.3 BMI to 44.1 BMI
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I can walk a 10 min kilometer, took me 13 minutes a month ago.