Who's going to "cheat" on Labor Day

Options

Replies

• Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    I will be working on Labor Day... Sticking to a normal diet.
  • SymphonyTea
    Options
    I realize some are so very adamant about the point of how you do not have to give anything up and there is no such thing as bad food, however, XXXX amount of calories is still XXXX amount of calories. If you are talking 1 full day of eating it is no big secret that fruits, veggies and lean meats are going to give you a much better arrangement of 3 or even 2 meals in a day versus what you would accomplish in the same calorie range with beer and potato salad.

Also what is a trigger for some isn't for other's but it is a really good quality to be able to get out of one's own head and be able to acknowledge how we are all very unique with our own set of circumstances.
    [/quote]

***what GardenGirlie said: an AWESOME, rational, thoughtful response. Well Done, CHEERS TO U!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Meh...if it fits my macros, I don't really care.
    I'll be hiking, kayaking, swimming and dancing all weekend so my body will probably be a bit hungrier than usual anyway.

Plus I don't really plan on buying any junk (aside from booze) for my camping trip anyway
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Why cheat?

Have an open relationship with food; it is much easier than rules and things you can and cannot eat.

Everything in moderation.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Not going to 'cheat', there's really no such thing for me. If I go over, I go over. I won't try to make up for it or exercise for 9 hours or beat myself up. I'll log it and learn from it. Or I'll stay at my goal and learn from that, too.

This. I don't "cheat", I make choices. Some are good choices and some, not so good. But all my choices carry consequences. The consequence of enjoying all the foodz on Labor Day is that I may be stuck at my current weight for an additional day or 4. No big deal.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Why cheat?

Have an open relationship with food; it is much easier than rules and things you can and cannot eat.

Is that kinda like friends with benefits? But all jokes aside, that is an AWESOME attitude to have regarding food!!
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I'm celebrating my birthday. I'm planning on eating and drinking whatever I want and I don't care about the short term consequences.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Why cheat?

Is that kinda like friends with benefits? But all jokes aside, that is an AWESOME attitude to have regarding food!!

Yep, it is exactly like that! :wink:
  • ravegee
    ravegee Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Just depends whether I work or not. Either way not that worried about. Been having junk for the past three days and lost a pound.
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options

I can understand some people having triggers but I think over time we all need to be able to condition ourselves mentally in the art of self control and avoid a lifestyle where the only way we find success is by depriving ourselves because it might send us into a downward spiral. We can't live feeling guilty over one day because in the big picture it's really a small factor.

This is that kind of "everyone" thinking that I speak of when I mention that it is good to get out of one's own head. For me self control is having my set parameters and living within them fully by choice and in the healthiest way possible every day. For others self control is being able to not avoid certain things and not go out of control.

Neither way is wrong. There are just way too many shades of gray to have a belief that is conveyed as something that should include all. Even something like self-control can be defined very differently by many different people.

Bottom line...I hope everyone has a fabulous Labor Day!!! :-)
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Labor Day is my birthday, I'm spending the whole holiday weekend with college friends in Chicago. I plan to have a good time with my friends and eat and drink all the things I want to without going flatout EAT ALL THE THINGS mode. Not cheating, just enjoying my life. Except for the booze, there will probably be entirely too much booze than is good for me.
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Mee!!!!! Skipping current rest days so i can take the whole weekend off!
  • sarah_lou22
    Options
    if it fits into my plan, then why not? this isn't a diet. its a lifestyle change.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    The Y will be closed so that's a major catastrophe for me, but I'll be okay and eat smart and then do my workout on Friday instead which is my normal rest day. :smile:
  • zcarpenter91
    zcarpenter91 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I agree with MrM27, I always eat whatever I want just in controlled portions and as long as it fits into my macros for the day then no worries at all :) So on labor day I'll have whatever the hell I want :)
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    We will grill out with my family so I'll pretty much be eating healthy anyway. :smile:
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I will probably have a burger and a few cokes....yes I will cheat that day.
  • snords
    snords Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it a cheat, but it will be different than my normal Monday preplanned "work" meals. Maybe I'll eat some more steak than usual and have a whole corn on the cob. I might just top it off with some strawberry shortake, too. But I'm not telling myself right now that I am "going to cheat" because that is just giving me the green light to go crazy.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

I can understand some people having triggers but I think over time we all need to be able to condition ourselves mentally in the art of self control and avoid a lifestyle where the only way we find success is by depriving ourselves because it might send us into a downward spiral. We can't live feeling guilty over one day because in the big picture it's really a small factor.

This is that kind of "everyone" thinking that I speak of when I mention that it is good to get out of one's own head. For me self control is having my set parameters and living within them fully by choice and in the healthiest way possible every day. For others self control is being able to not avoid certain things and not go out of control.

Neither way is wrong. There are just way too many shades of gray to have a belief that is conveyed as something that should include all. Even something like self-control can be defined very differently by many different people.

Bottom line...I hope everyone has a fabulous Labor Day!!! :-)

With all due respect: If a day of going over your calorie goal seriously has the possibility of sending you into a neverending binge that totally throws you off the wagon, then you need additional help being on this site cannot give. I hope you don't take offense to this because I am being totally serious. If one day of eating outside of your nutritional guidelines can throw you into some sort of downward spiral akin to what happens when a recovering alcoholic drinks again, then it's possible you may have deeper issues to look into regarding your relationship with food.