Replies

• carstanger
    carstanger Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'll be trying this!!
  • LoreleiEvil
    LoreleiEvil Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    They make great burrito filling with some spices, chilis, and black beans.

Even good room temp.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I like them with savoury spices - that recipe for red lentil curry looks fantastic.

I make this recipe for Indian Spiced Cauliflower with sweet potatoes instead of yukon gold:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Indian-Spiced-Cauliflower-and-Potatoes-109118

(I use only a fraction of the oil).

For something easier, chop them into wedges, put in a bowl and sprinkle with a little oil, salt, chili powder, cayenne, put in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes to half an hour. Flip half way. So yummy.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    shred them, and you can include some carrot shreds too if you want, then fry in a tablespoon of coconut oil, sprinkle cinnamon or spices, pure deliciousness!
  • PrincessDimpz
    Options
    sweet potato "fries". They're baked though, and they are delicious. Better than french fries!! eat it alone or with some hummus on the side.
  • LoulouRuns
    LoulouRuns Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Saving for later!
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Bump. Love sweet taters!!
  • kfoley41
    kfoley41 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I put mine in the microwave for 5-8 minutes, depending on size and then grill them. SOOO good!!
    Last night i roasted a ton of different veggies in the oven including garlic, onion, mushrooms, green and red peppers, zucchini and sweet potatoes. There are a lot of sweet potato soups out there as well...google chipotle sweet potato soup! SOO good!!
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Roasted "fries" with olive oil and a little salt! MMMMMMMmmmmmm!!!!

Since it is too hot to use the oven lately, I have just been "baking" them whole in the microwave and eating with a little butter.
  • Cornblossom
    Options
    Bump. Must try some of these recipes.
  • amymarieready
    Options
    Sounds delish!
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I will nuke them for 5 minutes and eat plain or with a little bit of lemon pepper on them, cut them up into fries, toss them in some olive or grape seed oil with cayenne, sea salt, black pepper and some rosemary and thyme and bake in the oven... cut them up and put in chili instead of carrots ....

and of course sweet potato hash browns with bacon!!
  • eraweir
    eraweir Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Samthefrog
    Samthefrog Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like to make gnocchi (dumplings) from them and have a recipe on my blog: http://heidicookssupper.com/blog/2009/06/22/gnocchi-is-quick-to-make-in-small-amounts/

Bookmarked this! I love gnocchi but it always seems to complicated to make. This sounds totally manageable with just one sweet potato! Thanks!
  • BethanBee86
    BethanBee86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I wash and then cut into wedges put on foiled covered oven tray spray with 1 cal spray and either leave them plain or sprinkle herbs over them put in for 210 degrees for 15 -20 min (depending how crispy you want ) then service either as side or with a dip as a small snack .

another is mash it and add finely chopped onion and a bit of sweetcorn tastes nice :)
  • sj_1970
    Options
    sweet potato and pumpkin mix, only add spice/herbs/sweetener if you want to fresh pumpkin is usually sweet enough without having to add any.
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I microwave mine. Simple, easy, quick. I'm not a good cook either and I live by myself so most of my stuff is simply nuked.

Try sprinkling them with some cinnamon. Sometimes, if I want them sweet, I'll put some stevia on them.

Very good for you and filling too.
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Make a souffle with eggwhites instead of whole eggs, and lighten the amount of butter that some recipes call for. It's really good :-)