The Miley Cyrus Eruption

Options

Replies

• soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I didn't really get that anyone was "shocked". As far as I knew, people were just making fun of her and thought her performance was bad.

People in this thread have said that they were shocked.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    this whole thread.

yBlBsII.jpg
  • mike_usmc
    mike_usmc Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    What sucks is all the hard work and dedication her dad put in during his years of struggles, gives his daughter a lift in life. this is what she does with it? That is all. =o)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    What sucks is all the hard work and dedication her dad put in during his years of struggles, gives his daughter a lift in life. this is what she does with it? That is all. =o)

Pretty sure ol' Billy Ray has been riding her coat tails for quite some time. The girl has worked since she was a young teen -- her success is her own making.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

She makes millions. That's what she does with it. Oh the horror.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I like the topic title- the Miley Cyrus Eruption.

She is what erupts from a lanced boil, so that is appropriate.
  • caber_tosser
    Options
    She needs to brush her tongue..it looks all white and coated.
    Her dentist needs to talk to her about oral hygiene and bad breath..unless that white coating on her tongue is...??...naw..couldn't be....
  • ohsnapitssummer
    ohsnapitssummer Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    At least, she stopped everyone from talking about casting Ben Affleck for Batman.
    enhanced-buzz-24292-1377522595-0.jpg
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    OMG a 20 year old performing at the MTV VMA's baring skin and dancing provocatively...1st time in the history of television...True Story...

Oh and watch the music video...20 times weirder than anything she did on stage.

Why aren't we talking about the return of NSync?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

if you think she is so messed up then you should blame her father for exposing her to Hollywood.

my guess is she will take these opportunites her father gave her and go on to be more successful than he ever was.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I'm still just trying to figure out what the hell is up with the teddy bears... they make no damn sense to me in a song about partying and snorting coke.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I'm still just trying to figure out what the hell is up with the teddy bears... they make no damn sense to me in a song about partying and snorting coke.

Have you seen the music video?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Have you seen the music video?

yeah... in trying to understand the teddy bears thing... I still don't get it. Maybe I have entered into the realm of "too old"....
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If she isn't embarrassed by the performance (or the original video) yet, she will be when she is older. And if she isn't embarrassed by it when she is older, then that will not be a good sign for her emotional and mental growth. The hope is that she is young and her brain isn't fully developed and she is making the choice to not further develop her talents as an artist and instead to do whatever it is she is trying to do right now. But, what she is doing right now, requires no talent.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    If she isn't embarrassed by the performance (or the original video) yet, she will be when she is older. And if she isn't embarrassed by it when she is older, then that will not be a good sign for her emotional and mental growth. The hope is that she is young and her brain isn't fully developed and she is making the choice to not further develop her talents as an artist and instead to do whatever it is she is trying to do right now. But, what she is doing right now, requires no talent.

lol@no talent. you dont reach her level of stardom w/o talent.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

I didn't say she had no talent. I said she is making the choice at this time not to further develop the talent that she has and that what she is doing right now requires no talent. She is using voice machines to alter her voice and she is not dancing with talent. That doesn't mean she has no talent. It means she is not working at her talent right now.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    It's also ridiculous that people seem to think Robin Thicke was somehow not aware of what she was going to do. How can anyone think they never did rehearsals for this performance.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

I didn't say she had no talent. I said she is making the choice at this time not to further develop the talent that she has and that what she is doing right now requires no talent. She is using voice machines to alter her voice and she is not dancing with talent. That doesn't mean she has no talent. It means she is not working at her talent right now.

it takes talent to sing, dance, perform....all the things she was doing on Sunday night.

here's a tip for all the people who are upset with acts like hers. dont watch next years VMAs. :)

acts like hers have been occuring since Madonna. its not going to change. just watch another program.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

it takes talent to sing, dance, perform....all the things she was doing on Sunday night.

here's a tip for all the people who are upset with acts like hers. dont watch next years VMAs. :)

acts like hers have been occuring since Madonna. its not going to change. just watch another program.

We aren't upset by it. We think it's crap. People are going to talk about it. How about you just don't read it.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

We aren't upset by it. We think it's crap. People are going to talk about it. How about you just don't read it.
    now that you know thats the level of entertainment to expect...just dont watch next year.