August 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• animefan914
    animefan914 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    6.43miles today for a total of 238.18miles.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    26 August 2.55 miles
    27 August 6.55 miles
    28 August 4.35 miles

MTD 142.14 miles
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Made It!

exercise.png
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options

exercise.png

trying to catch up!
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    8-1 Hiking 5 miles
    8-3 Hike 4
    8-4 Run/walk 3.1
    8-6 Run/walk 3
    8-11 Run/walk 13.1 (race day)
    8-13 Run/walk 3.1
    8-15 Run/walk 3.1
    8-18 Run/walk 7
    8-20 Run/walk 3.2
    8-25 Run/walk 17 and walk .5 (includes race = 13.1)
    8-27 Run/walk 3.1

Total 60.8
  • Dickson1525
    Options
    Aug 27

exercise.png
  • MMoriarty2013
    Options
    Progress so far is 59.46 miles, goal for August is 60 miles, should have it by tomorrow with a few days to spare. :smile:

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    some changes will be coming with the September Move your *kitten* Challenge...
    Dino has shared that he doesnt want to do the tracking sheet any longer and i'm honestly just not that good with the "extra" sheets with all the fancy formulas/etc....

We have 4 options going forward:

1. Discontinue the Move your *kitten* challenge...
    2. Continue the Move your *kitten* challenge with no tracking on a spreadsheet...simply posting goals and progress to the thread and keep pushing and encouraging and using each other as motivation to move longer, harder and further.....
    3. Continue the Move your *kitten* challenge with USER entered tracking on a simplified spreadsheet....post to the thread and then post your miles moved to the spreadsheet if you are interested in keeping that part going for yourself and/or the group....
    4. Continue the Move your *kitten* challenge with another person taking over what Dino did including all the fancy formula tracking stuff....Participants still post to the thread and we (janet, sara, denise, new fancy spreadsheet person) keep updating the sheet every few days and then the Master spreadsheet guru updates at the end of the month with the stats....

If you have an opinion please post to the thread your choice and we'll go with the majority - as long as someone steps up to do Option #4....I think at this point #2 or #3 are the best options since i'm still going to be moving so i'd like to keep the threads open BUT i can't be responsible for #4's workload and as it is i've been pretty bad about helping keep the sheet up over the last few months with daily updating....

My vote is for #3....we all post to the thread and update our own miles on an open google spreadsheet....

please post your choice before friday 8/30 so when i set up the new thread for september (if we go with keeping it going) i give the right directions....thanks and i'm very grateful for all of you who have been on this moving our *kitten* journey for so long....
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    41.32/50 miles complete
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for all the hard work. I vote for choice #2 but anything people want to do is fine. I hope you keep the challenge since so many people use it.

August 25 2 miles walking
    August 26 3 miles walking
    August 27 4 miles walking

Total: 102 miles.... and passed my goal of 100 miles, yay!!

exercise.png
  • jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I like #3. Whoever wants to continue to track on the spreadsheet can be responsible for themselves...sounds good to me!
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Walking.
    Strava. com keeps track of miles for free, but it would also be nice to continue to post miles here to encourage and motivate one another with our tickers. Thank you Dino for all your hard work keeping track of all us.:flowerforyou:

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    2.5 miles

I'll go with anything BUT #1. I love this challenge, there's no way I'd be moving this much - as little as it is compared to a lot of you - without this. I know no one but me reads my mileage but it does keep me accountable. Thanks to all of you for doing it for so long, I'm glad I found it a few months ago.

exercise.png
  • reankanesmom
    reankanesmom Posts: 132 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Made goal and will probably go over by the 30th YAY!! hopefully September I will not take as many days off LOL
  • thenoxus1
    thenoxus1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the lack of updates...been a busy month. However, I am only one run off of my goal for the month:

exercise.png
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    bump
  • imadiva32
    imadiva32 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    8-3: 2.75
    8-5: 2.15
    8-8: 1.8
    8-15: 1.55
    8-16: 1.5
    8-19: 4.31
    8-20: 2.4
    8-21: 2.33
    8-22: 1.85
    8-25: 1.5
    8-26: 4.8

Total: 26.94miles; 3.06 miles to go!!!

exercise.png
  • doit2013
    doit2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Anything but option 1...this is my first move my @ss challenge...LOVE it...If I had to pick, I'd probably say #3??
  • reankanesmom
    reankanesmom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My vote would be with 3. This is a very motivating thread and honestly as much as I've seen others this has been the only one I have continued to work on and never forget about, I am sure there are others also who have gained motivation for this also.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Aug 28: 3.0 miles

Total: 83 miles
    Goal: 75 miles