Beauty procedures to help with weight loss

Options

Replies

• YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    You're not an alien, you just don't like it, and thats ok. You should love your life and enjoy yourself. Do what makes you happy and what feels natural to you.

Oh don't worry it is not bothering me at all. I would just like to understand.

So exactly what I said. People are different, you don't have to like what I like, and I don't have to like what you like. We can just enjoy our own things and be happy this way.
  • YaGigi
    Options
    I have had a couple of laser lipo sessions (the completely non invasive type). I lost 1/2 inch off my tummy after my first session and its really helped my baggy mummy tummy firm up a lot and I'm less embarrassed about the way it looks now. I've gained 3/4 of an inch in the last couple of weeks but I'm hoping its just because everything is pulling upwards (the overhang is definitely less) as well as water retention because I started lifting and exercising more a week ago. Fingers crossed it goes down again soon. I'd recommend it not necessarily for inch loss but if you have an area like my tum that just seems to be skin with no substance at all (and possibly a ton of stretchmarks from 5 big babies!) then it may be worth looking out for a Groupon offer.

What's the name of it? Was it painful?

Btw, your babies are beautiful! You're younger than me and already ave 5 kids! I need to get busy, lol :)))))

Thank you. I'd still love to have more children(!), but it'd be nice to be in better shape this time :o)

The treatment I'm having is just called laser lipo but you have to be careful to read the procedures as they have one with a similar name where they suction out the fat afterwards and I'm not really into anything that invasive.

The treatment only takes 10 minutes and is completely painless. The just strap paddles to you and hand you a magazine lol.

They say you can lose up to 3 inches in the first session but those measurements are taken from waist, navel and lower tummy combined so don't be misled.

To the above poster, I'm not sure what the cellulite treatment you had was so I don't know if it was similar but I'm curious! The laser lipo is the first salon type treatment I've ever had and I'm really enjoying a bit of me time.

Sounds nice... I'm going to search clinics around me for these procedures.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I saw this article
    http://shine.yahoo.com/beauty/10-foods-drinks-look-older-153100146.html

And thought of this thread.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options

I don't believe the negativity is towards having a beauty regime. It is more (for me anyway) about the reliance on expensive beauty products to deliver results that they probably won't. Wrinkles are pretty much there no matter what. You have to prevent them in the first place by wearing a good sunblock EVERY day and drinking plenty of liquids. Once they are there they are there. Apply what you want, it won't get rid of them. Botox works, but wears off after 4-6 months so needs topping up. Personally it's the only treatment I would pay for. All the expensive anti wrinkle creams are a con. You are just feeding into yet another giant industry full of pointless products that we all seem to HAVE to have these days......

Well, you have a right to do whatever you want. But I don't need your negativity towards MY choices. If you don't like it, don't do it. Don't use anything, don't buy expensive skincare, more power to you. But coming to this thread to express your negativity about choices of other people is pretty pathetic.

I am 32, my skin is better than some 25 years olds, no wrinkles, no dis colorations, so it seems I'm doing something right for myself :)

I'll let you into a secret.....you started a thread on the net....so amazingly people can come on here and post their opinion whether you like it or not. I don't care if you think it's a 'negative' opinion. It's not, it's just how you choose to see it. Don't project your presumptions about my viewpoint this thread thank you! If you don't like a viewpoint that differs with your own I would suggest you don't post a thread on the net. I am not saying 'don't use anything' as you say. Again you project your presumptions wrongly. I am merely saying choose carefully and don't waste your money on gimmicky products. It's so easy to get sucked into the consumer trap of thinking every product will deliver the results it promises. But thats your choice, I'm not being negative and I certainly wouldn't consider someone else's viewpoint 'pathetic' either. You seem a bit angry and tense. Do you eat enough?
  • fizzfizz
    fizzfizz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I find body brushing upwards every day before showering really helps how my skin looks (and improved the look of lumpy upper arms / thighs), followed by exfoliating mitts with my shower gel to really work those areas too. I then always moisturise but also think that my current figure / skin looks better with a slight tan - it's good for morale if you're giving yourself a long hard stare to check on progress in the mirror and skin that's in better condition looks god all over - so I use moisturisers with a tanning agent. I have some body creams too that claim to improve skin texture and I have noticed a difference with these on thighs / arms.

I use 'treats' as rewards for weight loss goals. The first was a chocolate body massage followed by a supply of chocolate shower gels (if you can't eat it, slather it on!) and also a very expensive (but lovely and rich) Crème Brulee body cream which just smells amazing ...I also bought some very pricey anti-cellulite cream too, but haven't tried this yet as it needs regular use and I am sticking to the self-tanning moisturiser while summer lasts so I will try it later.

For me, just making sure I wear some minimal make up (tinted moisturiser etc) and keep my hair coloured and cut makes a big difference in how I feel, and consequently how I feel others perceive me. Not sure any amazing beauty treatments really work, but they always make me feel better and I find that increasing the time I spend on 'personal maintenance' leave me less time to go and see what's in the biscuit tin so that's a WIN ;)
  • YaGigi
    Options
    I find body brushing upwards every day before showering really helps how my skin looks (and improved the look of lumpy upper arms / thighs), followed by exfoliating mitts with my shower gel to really work those areas too. I then always moisturise but also think that my current figure / skin looks better with a slight tan - it's good for morale if you're giving yourself a long hard stare to check on progress in the mirror and skin that's in better condition looks god all over - so I use moisturisers with a tanning agent. I have some body creams too that claim to improve skin texture and I have noticed a difference with these on thighs / arms.

I use 'treats' as rewards for weight loss goals. The first was a chocolate body massage followed by a supply of chocolate shower gels (if you can't eat it, slather it on!) and also a very expensive (but lovely and rich) Crème Brulee body cream which just smells amazing ...I also bought some very pricey anti-cellulite cream too, but haven't tried this yet as it needs regular use and I am sticking to the self-tanning moisturiser while summer lasts so I will try it later.

For me, just making sure I wear some minimal make up (tinted moisturiser etc) and keep my hair coloured and cut makes a big difference in how I feel, and consequently how I feel others perceive me. Not sure any amazing beauty treatments really work, but they always make me feel better and I find that increasing the time I spend on 'personal maintenance' leave me less time to go and see what's in the biscuit tin so that's a WIN ;)

I know what you mean! I also use it as a treat to myself!

I had chocolate body and face mask done once, was wrapped after that and had to stay in a sauna for 20 minutes. Chocolate on my face started melting and running down... So I had to lick it. By the end of those 20 minutes my face had no chocolate almost - I licked it all! Lol that was funny but I'd better have chocolate normal way....

Creme brûlée cream huh? ;) Isn't it Laura Mercier creme brûlée? It's amazing, it's crazy tasty smelling! I have a pistachio body cream from Laura Mercier and every time I open it, I want to eat it, it's just like ice cream!!! My bf is obsessed with me smelling like it.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    For these patients, procedures like cool sculpting allow them to have results. The fat cells simply shrink and get flushed from your body.

what-no-gif_zps0166119b.gif
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    hmmm... these are the topics that made me feel like an alien.

I have never used any beauty products, and I have never used make-up. I am in a long-term relationship and have attracted interest from the opposite sex. I have friends, a family that loves me, I love my work, my hobbies... I am a very cynical person and can be very pessimistic and I can get very upset about lots of things, but I have never felt that external beauty or whatever the term is, would improve any aspect of my life.

I never understood why people regard beauty products such an integral part in their lives.
    Care to explain? And: no I am not judging people for using make-up. I know it can be used in moderation just to enhance certain body features to look better. I know that good looks can be advantageous. I just don't think that I am a statistical anomaly, i.e. so beautiful that I don't need any of it (HAHAHAH no, definitely not).

For me, makeup is fun! And so are nice creams etc. I believe that only topical cream/gel beauty product that has scientific evidence backing it up, however, is Retin-A. So I use that. I really can't afford anything else. OH! And urea and coconut oil. Great for your skin and hair.
  • YaGigi
    Options
    Finally I got my own Obagi C serum 15%! Excited to use it! If I like it and see results, my mom would get it for herself too.

I am also waiting for the laser hair brush Hairmax. My hair doctor recommended it 3 years ago but I was not sure about it, seemed too gimmicky.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, not really. To look better, sure.

Facials, body scrubs, botox, fillers, chemical peels, etc.

I've never done any Botox or fillers and my dermatologist says I don't need it yet. But I'm opened to have it in future...

Yes, I am 51 and these things are great when you get my age.

Probably staying out the sun is best for wrinkles.

I use Missha bb cream with SPF 42 daily because I'm so scared of sun damage! And SPF 45 for the body when I'm at a beach.
    But I don't use the body SPF when I'm just outside in the city and I do get tan from this... But I just can't bring myself to using body SPF in the city...
    Missha is awesome!! I use it as well. Miami sun can be brutal. I also love the garnier bb cream for those days its rainy and cloudy.
    So far I like using mud masque to tighten up the skin. I really want to try a hydra-facial, groupon always offering great deals!
  • loves03
    loves03 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I bought some Coconut oil to use for my hair, but I've been reading that it should be unrefined, the one I bought says refined. Is there a significant difference betweent the two and how they work. I have a whole jar of it and it would go to waste if I didn't use it.

Any one using anything that seems to help with their pores? I feel like my pores on my cheeks are looking bigger. I use a moisturizer with SPF daily.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Organic Coconut oil and Argan oil is all I use.
    Also during pregnancy.
    But if you are prone to weak tissue all the moisturising will not prevent you getting stretch marks.
    I have been lucky-three pregnancies, no stretch marks. And I did not use any expensive creams, oils etc....
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I wondered about this for loose skin, since I don't use any beauty products. No make up ever, (I'm 29), unless Halloween counts.. not in a relationship but if I was, dont think I'd use any either.

And I have big pores too, that I hate.

I also have an issue with my hair so if there was something I could use for both, that would be nice.
  • YaGigi
    Options
    For weight loss, not really. To look better, sure.

Facials, body scrubs, botox, fillers, chemical peels, etc.

I've never done any Botox or fillers and my dermatologist says I don't need it yet. But I'm opened to have it in future...

Yes, I am 51 and these things are great when you get my age.

Probably staying out the sun is best for wrinkles.

I use Missha bb cream with SPF 42 daily because I'm so scared of sun damage! And SPF 45 for the body when I'm at a beach.
    But I don't use the body SPF when I'm just outside in the city and I do get tan from this... But I just can't bring myself to using body SPF in the city...
    Missha is awesome!! I use it as well. Miami sun can be brutal. I also love the garnier bb cream for those days its rainy and cloudy.
    So far I like using mud masque to tighten up the skin. I really want to try a hydra-facial, groupon always offering great deals!

I've read some great reviews on the hydra facial but my spa doesn't offer it and I'm scared going to someone I don't know!

With those groupon deals its always tricky. Sometimes they're good but sometimes not really. I did 10 procedures of laser epilation and no results,the laser was bad and old. In my spa I have had results just after 3 sessions.

But I did find my best cosmetologist on groupon and we are friends now for 6 years!
  • YaGigi
    Options
    I bought some Coconut oil to use for my hair, but I've been reading that it should be unrefined, the one I bought says refined. Is there a significant difference betweent the two and how they work. I have a whole jar of it and it would go to waste if I didn't use it.

Any one using anything that seems to help with their pores? I feel like my pores on my cheeks are looking bigger. I use a moisturizer with SPF daily.

I use the unrefined coconut oil on my hair, never tried the refined simply because I've never seen it in my store!

Just use it and see if there are any results! It won't hurt I guess.
  • YaGigi
    Options
    I wondered about this for loose skin, since I don't use any beauty products. No make up ever, (I'm 29), unless Halloween counts.. not in a relationship but if I was, dont think I'd use any either.

And I have big pores too, that I hate.

I also have an issue with my hair so if there was something I could use for both, that would be nice.

Maybe you should try using lotion for your skin? Do you mean your face skin or your body skin?

What's wrong with your hair?
  • YaGigi
    Options
    So I've decided not to buy full sized serums but to try them out first. I've received samples of the Obagi Vit C 15% serum, Vit 5% serum for eyes, using them now. I think my skin looks great, no zits, no redness, looks beautiful. But it dries out my dry skin so I need to use moisturizer on top of it in the morning, and my bb cream on top. Still feels a bit dry. And now I use la met as my nightcream.

I've also gotten the Skinceauticals CE Ferulic serum that includes Vit C 15%, Vit E 1% and Ferulic acid 0.5%. Will start using it after I'm done with the Obagi serums samples.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I use Bio oil for my skin, but nothing apart from exercise & eating right will help with weight loss. There is no magical 'wrap'. Unless you go liposuction...then nope nothing magical at all about lotions, wraps, massage.
  • sarah456s
    sarah456s Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Personally, I've always wanted to look the healthiest that I can, while aging gracefully. I enjoy using different skin care products, but I keep my routine fairly simple and always use natural products where possible. In the last year I started getting regular facials too. I think the real key is prevention - I've used a moisturizer with SPF every day since I was 25 and really don't look my age.

Anyway, I did try a seaweed detox body wrap a week ago - not to lose weight, but because my friend wanted to do a spa day for her birthday and I thought I'd give the wrap a go. I have to say, my thighs have felt smoother and firmer since then - I have been pleasantly surprised with how well it seemed to work. It could be my imagination, of course, but I'm quite tempted to go back again for another wrap.
  • YaGigi
    Options
    I use Bio oil for my skin, but nothing apart from exercise & eating right will help with weight loss. There is no magical 'wrap'. Unless you go liposuction...then nope nothing magical at all about lotions, wraps, massage.

Actually I disagree. My massage therapist does this massage that makes me losing extra volume in my hips, legs. Those are the areas I've always had the worst loss.

Because I have my measurements tracked throu out the years, I can see changes. When I was this weight couple of years ago, my measurements were the same as today but my hips and legs were bigger.
    This change didn't come from exercise because I don't do much of anything, sometimes swimming. The only change I've had is the liposculpting massage I've been having since the beginning of August. I can definitely see that I have less cellulite, better shape of my legs and hips. I've lost in my stomach and waste but I've lost twice more in my legs, and I never lose volume there.
    But it hurts as hell, I hate it.