What can you do now that you couldn't do 30 days ago?

Options

Replies

• TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Lose five lbs.
  • Junie2013
    Options
    Wear a smaller size shirt for work and tuck it into my pants, like I am supposed to according to the dress code :)
  • Orphis
    Orphis Posts: 7
    Options
    i just drove by a mickyd'd and was jones'n for some fries. i managed to make it too. congrats
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I ran two miles today! I did take a bathroom break in between miles but I made it. One was on the track (only 11 minutes) and the other on the treadmill at 10 minutes. A month ago my knees were hurting from running on the treadmill so I gave it up for a while. My weight loss totally stalled but since I started back up a few weeks ago I've dropped a few more pounds.

I also got brave and asked the attendant to show me how to squat with the bar. I've attempted before but didn't feel like I was doing it right and was hurting my back. I only did 30 and that was just with the bar (and I'm not squatting very low) but it's a start. Next time I'm going to add some light weights and he said I'd get lower as I did it more. So, I'm happy.

Thanks to everyone for the replies! So motivational to see how far you can come in what is a relatively short time period!
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I started 26 days ago.
    I now drink water all day and enjoy it!
    I've reduced the amount of mindless eating I used to do. Now I really think about a snack or a food before I decide to eat it.
    I'm moving more.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Squat and deadlift over 100 lbs!

Three quarter shimmy double time.

:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • slimming77
    Options
    Honestly...I hav lost the motivation I feel 30 days before I was better off without foods now it seems I simply csnt control my hunger. .and I am going 600 to 700 calories above my daily goal
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Be complimented on how good I look. My hair stylist kept going on and on today about how she didn't recognize me until I smiled. She even said I look younger now that I'm thinner. Yay!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Honestly...I hav lost the motivation I feel 30 days before I was better off without foods now it seems I simply csnt control my hunger. .and I am going 600 to 700 calories above my daily goal

I'm sorry to hear that! What was your motivation to lose weight to start with? Maybe you need to write it down and have it to look at when you're having trouble with temptation. Also, set some goals for yourself. Circle them on a calendar and keep yourself accountable or find someone that will. I have a new favorite quote...Ita better to look back on life and say "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I had done that." So true for me, if I had stuck with losing weight years ago my quality of life and self confidence would have been so much higher the past decade. Good luck, I know you can do this!!
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Stop a binge dead in its tracks.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Now I can wear sleeveless shirts and feel good about my arms!:happy:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Run TEN miles!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Plank Shoulder Taps
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I can now drive by a McDonald's and not think twice about it.

It's funny how your thinking really starts to change, isn't it? I went to the ballpark last night with no money in my pocket (so I wouldn't be tempted to buy the food) and it barely even crossed my mind. I didn't miss it at all. The fireworks were great, though, and so was the concert afterward. :)

Also, I can wear MY JEANS! They are actually a tiny bit loose. :)
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    30 days ago i couldnt walk a mile, now im back to my high school mile time of 7min, and can run for 2 1/2 miles straight, working toward my last summer amount which was 4 miles straight taking just 35 minutes. thats my running goal.

30 days ago i couldnt do a single yoga move, now my balance has improved, and i can do things like this...
    9705f7ec260d697f43bf58aabf83df8d.jpg

90 days ago i wanted to eat chips and cake and processed foods, now i dont think twice about things like that, i want apples and farmstand strawberries, and protein shakes.
  • emlee01
    emlee01 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I went from two to five (good form) body chin-ups, ran two miles @ 6mph on the treadmill for the first time and also dropped a pants size. :happy:
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    A month ago I was certain I would never be able to do squats safely because of my busted left knee.

This morning I squatted 100 lbs, just 10 lbs shy of my body weight.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Wear a size L shirt. I was an XL just a month ago (I'm down from a 6XL a year and a half ago.)

Amazing progress! I'm so glad you shared this. I have lost 40 and have just under 110 to go. Thanks for the great encouragement.

OP - this is a great idea for a thread. Thanks a lot everyone.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,582 Member
    Options
    Watch football.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Walk into a store, buy a size medium top and size 10 pant without trying them on. Taking them home, trying them on and they fit.