NO CHEATS FOR TWO WEEKS - SIGN THE PLEDGE

For anyone who fell off the wagon... join me in my pledge. After a horrendous wheat binge followed by a horrendous chocolate binge I am thoroughly ashamed and determined to make a pledge to myself and to YOU ...

NO CHEATS FOR TWO WEEKS

Will you join me?

Replies

• 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    You have all missed the point!

This is a pledge about not cheating, doing a clean two weeks.

This means different things to different people. For me it's chocolate and wheat, which are off my plan. For others it will be some other thing - maybe even fat. Or they go over their calorie allowance, or they binged. I would have thought anyone of average intelligence would have realised that.

I repeat:

This is a pledge about not cheating, doing a clean two weeks.
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    I'm with the waffle. If you stay at your calorie goal, all will be well.

NO IT WON'T - not in MY case. I felt HORRIBLE after bingeing on those items -- sickly, achey, weepy, sluggish, foggy, heavy and bloated. Staying within my calorie goal (if I had one) would not have prevented me from feeling any of that list of ghastly things.

This is about having the strength to do what is RIGHT for our bodies - having the self esteem to truly believe we are worth the effort.

I'm disgusted that you people (above) have decided to use this thread to bash the only diet that has EVER made me feel better.

I think it best if the haters keep off this thread -- as I said,

THIS IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO COMMIT TO A CLEAN 2 WEEKS, REGARDLESS OF WHAT DIET PLAN THEY ARE FOLLOWING. IT'S ABOUT MAKING A PROMISE AND KEEPING TO IT.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    No one is "hating" nor "bashing". If you have a gluten allergy, then by all means, avoid wheat. Insulting our intelligence while accusing us of somehow attacking you without giving us that information is extremely unfair. Sometimes, people avoid foods that they think they should, because of a media scare.

Please try to calm down.
  • I haven't cheated but I am still only 2 weeks into my fitness plan, dieting and excercising. So I am up for the no cheating! You can do it :) Its tough but every day i pass something up i get stronger and it gets easier. (work parties with pizza and junk!) I was able to easily say no. I am very determined and with each day I am feeling better and better (breathing, clothing fitting better)

Cheers to us all and keep on toughing it up!!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    I make no promises.

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

ETA: I'd also like to point out that you can't generally expect a cheater to keep a promise/pledge. So asking people to join you would be asking for a considerable leap of faith.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Post solid advice speaking from experience, and get this?

I :heart: this thread.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

ETA the haters, presumably in the pay of the sugar and wheat Big Farmers, can GTH.

So is this Minnie?

And also, way to insult people who may have a differing stance then you...not to mention you weren't clear in your original post to start.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    No :)

You know days like that will happen. This is a life long change. You will still lose weight. You have to just get back to your usual routine the next day. That's how you lose weight in the big picture.
    I've had many ups and downs. Still lost 65 pounds because overall I was committed to eating healthy and the few glitches here and there will not stop you from achieving your goal.
    Forget yesterday and keep doing what you are doing, don't stress.

You sound very committed and I'm cheering for you. Just get back up. Everyone on here has had many days like you just had and we still lost a lot of weight.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Not a problem. I'll join you. I avoid wheat due to gluten. I don't give a rat's behind what fits into other people's daily counts. One moment of not checking labels and I'm cramping, sluggish and miserable from gluten. Not to mention how it messes with my thyroid, which is already functioning on thin ice.

Send me a friend invite. We can be accountable to each other. Don't worry about the comments. If anyone else had the answer for everyone else, they wouldn't be on a public website doling it out for free. You don't see Jillian or Bob or Chris Powell replying to public forums, do you? People pay for good advice. They click Ignore on all of the rest. In fact, I can only see one comment above because the rest say "You are ignoring this user." :glasses:
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    What do you consider a cheat?
  • Contrarian
    Once again, there are no "haters" in your precious thread. Do what works for you, but since you are so invested in WHAT WORKS FOR YOU, please understand that other people will do WHAT WORKS FOR THEM.
  • ZumbaLin
    ZumbaLin Posts: 87 Member
    I do solemnly swear to eat what I'm supposed to for the next two weeks!!!!! Should wait to do this til after Labor Day. jk:-)
    When I did the Dukan diet - no white stuff basically, I did feel good!!! I actually was probably healthier and fitter (is this a word?) than any time since we got married, (38 yrs in Nov) and maybe in all my adult life. You have to do what works for you!!!!
  • Contrarian
    Not a problem. I'll join you. I avoid wheat due to gluten. I don't give a rat's behind what fits into other people's daily counts. One moment of not checking labels and I'm cramping, sluggish and miserable from gluten. Not to mention how it messes with my thyroid, which is already functioning on thin ice.

Send me a friend invite. We can be accountable to each other. Don't worry about the comments. If anyone else had the answer for everyone else, they wouldn't be on a public website doling it out for free. You don't see Jillian or Bob or Chris Powell replying to public forums, do you? People pay for good advice. They click Ignore on all of the rest. In fact, I can only see one comment above because the rest say "You are ignoring this user." :glasses:

Well, I am sure you won't read this, but by ignoring people with different points of view and approaches, you are effectively denying yourself knowledge. I wish you the best and I hope that works out well for you.
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    I can't make a no cheat pledge because my plan has no way to cheat. I haven't cut out anything because that would set me up for certain failure.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    What do you consider a cheat?

S0nsh1ne, I'm thinking by the way she described it above, it's how do YOU define cheat. The OP is trying to avoid two foods she knows she is susceptible to binging on to learn better self-control. She's asking if anyone else has "a cheat" they're willing to not take, i.e. if you have a tendency to say it's too hot to go jogging to get out of exercising. That excuse would be your exercise cheat. Hers just happens to be two food items.

I can think of several things I sometimes want to say to myself to not go for a walk, so using a TV show, a movie, the weather, my ankle (sprained it last week) those are my cheats for putting off my walk, shortening it, or just not going sometimes. So while OP does her thing, mine will be committing to no excuses for not exercising.

You in? I think this could be fun.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Two week pledge? No.
    hm-no2.gif

Stop the wheat and chocolate shaming. Neither one are a problem and I eat both all the time. Don't focus on specific foods. Just eat within your calorie goals for the day.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • cindijelly
    cindijelly Posts: 43 Member
    we all fall of the wagon, I understand......lolololol. It has been a Hagan das kinda of summer.
  • *signed*

c:
  • cindijelly
    cindijelly Posts: 43 Member
    4M is correct, If I eat my vices within my calorie count, I know I am doing well, and satisfied. But what you are saying is you went beyond your calorie numbers, where no woman has gone be fore........(just saying)
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Yeah this.
    I can't make a no cheat pledge because my plan has no way to cheat. I haven't cut out anything because that would set me up for certain failure.
This discussion has been closed.