NO CHEATS FOR TWO WEEKS - SIGN THE PLEDGE

Options

Replies

• teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I don't really cheat. I'm an all or nothing gal. I binge. So, I am still going to eat whatever I want as long as it's within reason, and I'll take your pledge to not binge, which I'm kind of doing right now with the sugar free chocolate graham cookies that I'm eating. At least they're sugar free and I haven't really eaten much today. *shrugs* One more cookie.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I don't really cheat. I'm an all or nothing gal. I binge. So, I am still going to eat whatever I want as long as it's within reason, and I'll take your pledge to not binge, which I'm kind of doing right now with the sugar free chocolate graham cookies that I'm eating. At least they're sugar free and I haven't really eaten much today. *shrugs* One more cookie.

:laugh: Just keeping it real.
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    What do you consider a cheat?

S0nsh1ne, I'm thinking by the way she described it above, it's how do YOU define cheat. The OP is trying to avoid two foods she knows she is susceptible to binging on to learn better self-control. She's asking if anyone else has "a cheat" they're willing to not take, i.e. if you have a tendency to say it's too hot to go jogging to get out of exercising. That excuse would be your exercise cheat. Hers just happens to be two food items.

I can think of several things I sometimes want to say to myself to not go for a walk, so using a TV show, a movie, the weather, my ankle (sprained it last week) those are my cheats for putting off my walk, shortening it, or just not going sometimes. So while OP does her thing, mine will be committing to no excuses for not exercising.

You in? I think this could be fun.

Really like this reply!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm with the waffle. If you stay at your calorie goal, all will be well.

NO IT WON'T - not in MY case. I felt HORRIBLE after bingeing on those items -- sickly, achey, weepy, sluggish, foggy, heavy and bloated. Staying within my calorie goal (if I had one) would not have prevented me from feeling any of that list of ghastly things.

This is about having the strength to do what is RIGHT for our bodies - having the self esteem to truly believe we are worth the effort.

I'm disgusted that you people (above) have decided to use this thread to bash the only diet that has EVER made me feel better.

I think it best if the haters keep off this thread -- as I said,

THIS IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO COMMIT TO A CLEAN 2 WEEKS, REGARDLESS OF WHAT DIET PLAN THEY ARE FOLLOWING. IT'S ABOUT MAKING A PROMISE AND KEEPING TO IT.

Its crazy you asked one simple legit question and u get all kinds of bull****!!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow you guys are A-holes. If you guys don't want to join her then don't respond! And she is not shaming it, she's just stating what doesn't work for HER. So lay off.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • phylisrn
    phylisrn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I get what you are trying to do :)
    Tomorrow, I start the Whole30 challenge! http://whole9life.com/start/
    Check it out! I hope to eat clean for 30 whole days. Eating junk food doesn't work for me even if I stay
    within my caloric goal.
  • shannonho
    Options
    I will join you, as I , too am ashamed of my lack of control this summer. I have been binging on the same things!! Not sure what's going on. I really wanted to lose weight this year and fir into nice clothes for my Mexico holiday in one week from now. Oh well, let's get at it this week!

Thanks for your honesty:)

I need someone else to help me stay accountable.

Shannon
  • Goal175lbs
    Goal175lbs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well that escalated quickly...
  • shannonho
    Options
    Thanks for this information. I will look into it as well. I am the same low calories but mostly junk food.

I am with you!

Shannon
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    In to find out where I can collect my check from the sugar and wheat "big farmers."

Seriously, OP, people are not trying to bash your chosen diet. They're just trying to tell you that you don't have to take an all or nothing approach. Good luck with your pledge.
  • Mr_Starr
    Mr_Starr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I promise myself to continue to keep track of what i am eating.

I have not started a diet yet, but i am committed to MFP to track and understand my eating habits and behaviors. Although I have noticed I have stopped snacking as much since i have started keeping track. I think mostly cause i am don't want to be bothered to track what i just ate... lol.... so i am losing weight from my laziness.

48403347.png
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    You have all missed the point!

This is a pledge about not cheating, doing a clean two weeks.

This means different things to different people. For me it's chocolate and wheat, which are off my plan. For others it will be some other thing - maybe even fat. Or they go over their calorie allowance, or they binged. I would have thought anyone of average intelligence would have realised that.

I repeat:

This is a pledge about not cheating, doing a clean two weeks.

So if I don't consider anything off my plan, does that mean I'm not being clean? And before you and anyone else jumps down my throat for "hatin'", I pledge to log my food for the next 2 weeks.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    wow you guys are A-holes. If you guys don't want to join her then don't respond! And she is not shaming it, she's just stating what doesn't work for HER. So lay off.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the way i see it, she is exhibiting terribly orthorexic thinking and inviting others to join her in this terribly orthorexic thinking.

people are responding the way they are because 1) that mindset will hurt her chance of long term success, 2) it's unnecessary, and 3) there is a very high probability that she will binge the minute the 2 weeks are over.

we'd like to help her see that by changing her relationship with food, she can still enjoy all sorts of foods in moderation and still lose weight.

wanna know what the surest recipe for failure is when trying to lose weight? ...it's to attack the problem by following a deprivation diet mentality.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I am not sure what I would give up seeing as how I fit anything I want into my daily macros. *kanye shrug*
    tumblr_m5fiefKY7r1qa8xb8.gif
  • LisaYon
    LisaYon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's not a cheat, it is in fact a treat. I allowed myself a treat last night .. A Caesar salad and steak at outback.
    Occasionally I will be in a social situation where “my" foods won't be available. Therefore I can allow a controlled portion of a treat and not beat myself up over a “cheat" ...... I'm a really honest person so I stay away from doing things that are going to have my apologizing or feeling guilty.
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    we all fall of the wagon, I understand......lolololol. It has been a Hagan das kinda of summer.

^ it's been a Hagan Daz kinda life for me, lolz!! :tongue:
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I'm with the waffle. If you stay at your calorie goal, all will be well.

NO IT WON'T - not in MY case. I felt HORRIBLE after bingeing on those items -- sickly, achey, weepy, sluggish, foggy, heavy and bloated. Staying within my calorie goal (if I had one) would not have prevented me from feeling any of that list of ghastly things.

This is about having the strength to do what is RIGHT for our bodies - having the self esteem to truly believe we are worth the effort.

I'm disgusted that you people (above) have decided to use this thread to bash the only diet that has EVER made me feel better.

I think it best if the haters keep off this thread -- as I said,

THIS IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO COMMIT TO A CLEAN 2 WEEKS, REGARDLESS OF WHAT DIET PLAN THEY ARE FOLLOWING. IT'S ABOUT MAKING A PROMISE AND KEEPING TO IT.

So, let me get this straight. You binged and felt horrible afterwards. You, apparently, have self-esteem issues and have trouble believing you are worth the effort. Some people disagree with you, so all of a sudden, they are "bashing" and "hating" on your thread. Well, please allow me to respond.

I went over my calories today. I don't care and I sure as hell don't feel guilty. I eat within my calories 80-90% of the time, I work out extremely consistently, I have zero self-esteem issues and I could not care less if you think I am a "basher" or a "hater." Just because you start feeling all guilty and weepy and bloated and whatever else for having an extra bowl of Lucky Charms doesn't mean the rest of us do.

Some people on here have had a lot of success doing things differently than you do, but you are putting yourself in a position that will not allow you to learn from them. You can surround yourself with yes men and people who agree with you, but you'll never move out of your narrow little box if you do. Instead of bashing the haters and hating the bashers, why not read what they wrote and see if they MIGHT possibly have some knowledge that can introduce an additional potential path to success??

Or, you can honor your two week pledge. And then honor another one after you binge again in 15 days. Your choice.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Not a problem. I'll join you. I avoid wheat due to gluten. I don't give a rat's behind what fits into other people's daily counts. One moment of not checking labels and I'm cramping, sluggish and miserable from gluten. Not to mention how it messes with my thyroid, which is already functioning on thin ice.

Send me a friend invite. We can be accountable to each other. Don't worry about the comments. If anyone else had the answer for everyone else, they wouldn't be on a public website doling it out for free. You don't see Jillian or Bob or Chris Powell replying to public forums, do you? People pay for good advice. They click Ignore on all of the rest. In fact, I can only see one comment above because the rest say "You are ignoring this user." :glasses:

Well, I am sure you won't read this, but by ignoring people with different points of view and approaches, you are effectively denying yourself knowledge. I wish you the best and I hope that works out well for you.

Contrarian...but but but...I had to unignore the OP to see what all the fuss was about. I didn't need that kind of knowledge.

Wait.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    To say no cheats means that I think some foods are off limits, which would ultimately lead me to binge so no thanks.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I make no promises.

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

ETA: I'd also like to point out that you can't generally expect a cheater to keep a promise/pledge. So asking people to join you would be asking for a considerable leap of faith.

I love you.
This discussion has been closed.