Options
    1) all my jeans are too big
    2) I can't fit into size 12 yet
    3) I actually need a belt now
    4) My upper thighs rub together less
  • dmvarner
    dmvarner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Best motivational thread I have found!! And at a perfect time???? thanks y'all!
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I love this!

1. I lost my pants at work because I was too cheap to shop for more clothes.
    2. I decided to buy dresses thinking I'd get more use out of them than pants, and now I look like a girly girl (HURL)
    3. I've gotten tired of explaining "how I'm losing the weight".
    4. I'm getting groped by coworkers grabbing my ribs, waist, and hips while exclaiming, "You are shrinking!!!"
    5. A female coworker spanked me on the *kitten* and said, "Damn, your *kitten* is looking smaller."
    6. I liked getting spanked by a girl
    7. My food is rotting and I keep throwing it out, because I can't eat it fast enough

How are you losing the weight?
    :laugh:
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    LOVE all of these!
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    :wink:

While getting in shape is great, it's not without it's downside. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, I present my list of the top "bad" things that have happened since I began getting fit:

1. I need to buy a new wardrobe - my clothes are too big!
    2. I'm an introvert, and am embarrassed by the compliments I receive regarding how my appearance has changed.
    3. Exercise has made my "bum knee" stronger so I can't use it to get out of heavy labor any more.
    4. My stamina has increased, so when my daughter wants to play, I can't use the "daddy's too tired" excuse any more.
    5. I am no longer too heavy for my household ladder's rating, so I have to get to all those high up chores now.
    6. I have more energy, so I don't get to sleep in as much (I wake up early and full of energy...)
    7. I'm hurting the economy because I use less soap when I shower.
    8. #7 again, but this time because I no longer need BP meds.
    9. I need to get my wedding ring re-sized so it won't fall off my finger.
    10. When I catch my reflection out of the corner of my eye, I have no idea who it is.

What are some of the "bad" things that you've noticed?

I can relate to 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 9 and 10. In addition to number 1, this weight loss malarkey has cost me a fortune in bras. I have to get resized every 4 weeks, which always ends up in me having to buy new bras. My 'bra' habit is costing me about $150 - $200 a month.

I dislike number 6, i love my bed :)
  • pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    1. The scare I had when I felt a hard bump on my lower back...only to find out it was my tail bone.
    2. The dresses I am spending money on now that my legs are no longer huge.
    3. Needing to buy a beach towel because for the first time in...I can't recall how long, I said yes to a pool party.
    4. Having to spend more money on cosmetics because of my increase in self esteem.
    5. My wasted time getting my picture taken because I no longer dread it.
    6. Confusion I experience because nothing in plus size stores fit me anymore.
    7. The space used up in my living room by a piece of exercise equipment I now use.
    8. Being a pain to Waite staff by asking how everything is prepared and asking for substitutions.
    9. Having people worry that I may be sick because of the weight I lost.
    10. Having to spend money on new clothes that could have been spent on useless weight loss programs.
    11. Having to invest in new underwear because the old ones were rolling down all the time.
    12. Thinking people really miss me, when they comment that they are seeing a lot LESS of me.
  • Mechanikitty
    Mechanikitty Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Aha, these are funny.

1. I discovered a suspicious bump on my arm and I was really worried about it and complaining till my aunt asked if it was on my other arm too. It was. /facepalm

2. As an unsocial person -with a more than healthy fear of strangers- getting catcalls, wolfwhistles and van beeps when I'm walking my dog is really scary.

3. My beautiful, beautiful lingerie... I am so sorry. So, so sorry I had to bin you and then replaced you with sports bras. I-I can't I'm tearing up!

4. Literally running out of my running joggers. The first couple I bought didn't have a tie waist. Learned that lesson fast as I scampered home holding up my pants.

5. My mum's cooking. Everthing has a block of cheese hidden away in it. When I say a block I mean a street-full. And oil! Enough to coat the roads for a greasy slip'n'slide.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    1) all my jeans are too big
    2) I can't fit into size 12 yet
    3) I actually need a belt now
    4) My upper thighs rub together less

I also am in between sizes again. 14's are getting a little too big in my legs, but in my waist they're still fitting.
  • Juno99
    Juno99 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Love it. haha
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    It takes a million years to use food up so I get sick of it and throw it out

I can't so crunches on the floor anymore cause my tailbone hurts

Went down a bra size

Obsessing over the calories I consumed and nutrition labels.

Becoming used to eating small meals and feeling sick after eating what I used to consider a normal meal

Being tempted into accepting free treats only to throw them in the bin once I get home

Being obsessed about food

Can't sit on people's laps without them complaining about my bony butt

It's even harder to shave over my knees without the extra padding.

I get to watch my younger sister make the same mistakes I made, exercising but not eating properly

The foods I want are expensive (diet drinks, yogurt, pre-made salads)

If I don't eat at regular intervals I have little energy

Realised many girls I thought were skinny now seem to have thicker looking arms and legs than me

Wondering if I really need to have a BMI of 19.

Favourite denim skirt sits at my hips when it used to be on my waist and I can't find another like it. I threw out my super cute size 8 denim skirt when I couldn't fit into it, but now I could and don't have it anymore TT

The actual size of size 8 is confusing. In some shops it fits me but in others I have to go up to size 10. I used to be able to just get a size 14 without trying it on haha

Making lasagne with my friend only to find out that it was freaking calorie dense and not only throwing out what she gave me, not asking for the rest of my portion, even though I paid for half the dish.

Always throwing out half of my burgers from McDonald's and other places and missing fries with my meal.

Not drinking alcohol for fear of calories.
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    Like you, I need a new wardrobe. I just can't afford it.
    I DO more. My house is cleaner, more often, and lawn chores are....fun!
    I'm also an introvert, but kind of like when someone notices the weight loss.
    I had to throw out 2 belts, because they were too big.
  • pureirishman
    pureirishman Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Right there with you .. Lost 73 lbs, 2 to go, all of of those bad things are real, must be some mystical relationship betweem weight loss and events. In addition have experienced these awful things;
    a) my wife is interested in sex again and I have no choice but to pay attention to her.
    b) i can go to the gym as I have no excuse about feeling fat
    c) now and then women I do not know express interest in conversation
    d) I take my shirt off at the pool and I get sunburned
    e) all of my old favorite junk foods have been turned into actual junk.

Other strange happenings;
    1) the airlines have spent major dollars making the restrooms larger almost overnight
    2) flights of stairs have been redesigned with fewer steps
    3) gravity is decreasing as it is suddenly become way easier to go up hills on my bike
    4) chairs have also been redesigned to have bigger seats, and require less padding to be comfortable
    5) narrow spaces between large objects are passable, must be the same magic as the night bus in Harry Potter.
    5)
    4)
  • pollypocket3
    pollypocket3 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So funny. I hope bad things happen to me as a result of losing weight! :)

Me too!

Bumping to pass along as,Ike to someone else this Sunday morning. :flowerforyou:
  • EIEIElenaO
    EIEIElenaO Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am that person who takes workout clothes when traveling and then actually goes and works out at the hotel gym each morning.
  • faldirallala
    faldirallala Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    - Bones everywhere! I had to figure out how to sit and sleep in new positions because things became uncomfortable.
    - I am a poor student and had to take in all my jeans and shirts, as a new wardobe halfway down the road is just to expensive.
    - Also, I had to accept that my favourite jeans can only be taken in 3 sizes, so now I have to buy belts
    - In contrast to what everyone keeps telling me, working out still puts me in a bad mood - too much time to think about the world!
    - I couldn't resist signing up for the food and health courses at uni next year - at least they count towards my degree!
    - My (old) dog is no longer looking foward to going on a walk with me because he considers my preferred routes too long.
    - People beginn to worry I might suddenly disappear
    - I accidently kept our entire (small village) volunteer fire brigade from training because, apparently they could not believe their eyes when I walked past them. Hope their work didn't suffer.
    - I meet one of my supervisors more often in the gym than in his office.
    - I cannot sit still anymore and always want to move - my presentations suffer!
  • icyblue13
    icyblue13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When I lay on my side with my legs on top of each other, my knees start to hurt because there is much less fat padding the bones.. Weird, I know..

It's not just me! This is my biggest complaint about losing weight. Totally worth it, though.
    Yay I'm not alone!
  • Cheddars13
    Cheddars13 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump!
    Can't wait to write my own list :smile:
  • msmarisa21
    msmarisa21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    No longer worried about the size of airline coach seats. No long have to ask for seat belt extensions either.

I travel frequently for work and carry my own seat belt extension. I am looking forward to the day that I give it back to the airline for good. At the same time, I am concerned that I won't be big enough to keep people from occupying the middle seat when it's not a full flight on Southwest :)
  • Kaleisi21
    Kaleisi21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My in laws were scandalized on the family vacation this year when I broke out my first bikini ever (my husband had a different reaction)
    My husband touches me inappropriately in public

this is amazingly hilarious. i can't wait until i can write this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!