Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• snsmyth
    Options
    A favourite client looked at me and said, "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight! And all off your chest!"

I am very flat chested now. (I'm actually okay with this. I hate bras and now I get by with camis instead.)
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    A favourite client looked at me and said, "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight! And all off your chest!"
    It must have been an Airedale...they're smart enough to talk and have a demon sense of humor!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have posted before but I had a few new bad things this weekend...:grumble:

I had to get my birthday present 3 months early from my sister because she was afraid they wouldn't fit by my birthday...and she was right.....:angry:

While discussing building a new house my husband is insisting on putting a home gym in imagine the cost of that....:grumble: :noway: :love:
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Love this. Thanks OP. I am looking forward to some nasty things happening to me too! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Renny
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Bumped for later
  • likerebecca
    likerebecca Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am loving this post..

1. Had to spend the whole day emptying my closet because everything is too big
    2. As a result of #1, I now have to spend a boat load of cash buying new (smaller) clothes
    3. I'm getting overloaded with fresh air when I'm out for my walks and bike rides
    4. I too, have to keep repeating to everyone how I lost all the weight, and they think I'm lying when I say MFP
    5. I'm easily embarrassed... imagine all of the blushing when people tell me "your getting so skinny!!"
    6. I can't keep my hands off of my neck. You see there are these bones protruding that amaze me... apparently it's my collarbone
    7. I have lost my tolerance for alcohol. I get drunk off of one or two drinks, causing me to have lots of fun, and not waste too many calories
    8. I spend too much time looking in the mirror... well, cuz I look GOOD!

hehe..
  • jantura
    jantura Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic! Bump.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Love this thread and I've only read 3 pages so far.
    --No longer wear tank tops because with the weight loss and my age of 67 I now have bat wings.
    --boobs have shrunk--good thing for me, bad for hubby
    --wearing outdated clothes but they fit
    --drive waitresses crazy with customizing orders
    --spend way too much time reading labels at the store
  • Missyann52
    Missyann52 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :-)
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    1.) Cut down on computer gaming significantly since I hit the gym on most weekdays after work and whole weekends afternoon.

2.) Monthly fees for gym usage. Additional monthly expenses.

3.) My brother decided to sign up for gym after seeing me working out for 3 months. He’s going to make sure I do my strength trainings and not just cardio. :grumble:

4.) Pants and shorts are all too big now. Have already tighten my belt to the very last hole. Going to need new belts urgently. :sad:

5.) I find myself running for buses if I already see them at the stops from a distance away. In the past, I just like "Nay, I wait for the next one."

6.) So fit that I can’t call in and report sick as an excuse not to work.
  • TiffieLand
    Options
    Spend more money going out because I actually feel like going out with friends. :)
  • keeper0499
    Options
    great thread....my first goal is to not have to spend $3 more for a shirt than everyone else in Target..that's gonna hurt the economy :)
  • crayonbreakywillow
    Options
    This is fun!

1. Last week I ran in my first race and my brother who was on the sidelines waiting to record me on his phone, almost completely missed me because he didn't recognize me, even though he should be used to seeing "the new me" by now!
    2. I keep having to buy more hangers because I have gotten so many clothes at thrift stores because everything I try on looks awesome on me!
    3. It takes forever to decide what to wear every day because I have so many cute outfits to choose from.
    4. The constant compliments are started to become embarrassing.
    5. My butt hurts even when I'm sitting on padded seats.
    6. The local pizza shops that used to know us by name think we died.
    7. I look good in every picture now, no editing required.
    8. We have to walk the dog and then bring him back home so that we can go out for a real walk. He can't keep up with us.
    9. It's really hard to get all of a food eaten before the expiration date.
    10. I'm freezing all the time!!!
    11. I had to re-size my wedding ring down 3 sizes. My husband actually lost his. It fell off! But, we found it and it is getting re-sized right now!
    12. I have tiny wrists now too, and had to get my favorite Trollbead bracelet sized down 3 sizes as well.
    13. I don't need wide width shoes anymore, so I can easily pick out a pair of shoes at any store. Now I'm obsessed with shoes and had to buy a giant shoe rack to hold them all!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Bad things just keep on happening!

I used to be able to ride my motorcycle 500 miles without a problem. Yesterday, my butt was sore after 100 miles! Way less padding!

Spending money on entry fees for 5k's and charity bicycle rides as well as new bicycle, workout gear, etc. UGH!
  • jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Spend more money going out because I actually feel like going out with friends. :)

This and also the money spent on new awesome clothes!
  • prov31jd
    prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

Thanks to all for sharing their 'bad' consequences of losing weight / getting in shape / improving their health. I think all mine were mentioned already!
  • ptbodacious
    ptbodacious Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread! My bad thing is actually a bad thing for my husband - I now expect him to help with the laundry as I am no longer afraid of what will happen when he puts my clothes in the dryer. The dryer appears to have stopped shrinking my clothes!!
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    fantastic thread :flowerforyou:

here's some of the 'bad' things that have happened to me so far:

1. had to replace my entire wardrobe as it all got too big for me
    2. increase in gym fees as i want to go after work and not just at weekends
    3. money spent on going out with my friends- clothes, makeup, alcohol
    4. altered alcohol tollerance, can't handle it like i used to
    5. i get cold all the time
    6. the embarrasment from all the compliments ( my ego will be huge but it has done wonders for my self-esteem, confidence and body image)

I could go on but won't . hope for more 'bad' things as I continue.:heart:
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to bring this wonderful and inspiring thread back up to the top!!

In addition to all the other dreadful things that have happened . . . .

. . . . I have to make sure my legs are exfoliated because I spend so much time in capri's at the gym.
  • Doingit145
    Options
    This is too funny, congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!