EASY cottage cheese crepes! High protein/low cal!

Options

Replies

• GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Tried these this morning and, yeah, they were pretty good. Definitely needed syrup (only a little) or something. And they were obviously eggier than pancakes, so kind of a half pancake/half omelet, but pretty yummy.

I think next time I might omit the baking powder and treat it more like a true crepe with a filling.
    Thank you for posting this. I was wondering if the flavor was eggy and you cleared that up for me.
    I cannot stand the flavor of eggs, so I'll have to pass, but I bet my hubby would enjoy them.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Been trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my cottage cheese!! :laugh: Thinking I'll try these in the morning!
  • nicolemarie045
    nicolemarie045 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    bump! sounds awesome
  • MacroMiranda
    MacroMiranda Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump, this sounds delicious. Thanks!
  • raavila2
    Options
    BUMP for later
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • htimsm87
    htimsm87 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Looks great..
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I make something similar only with cream cheese. I make them thin like crepes and fill them with fruit or veggies.
  • technobunny
    Options
    in for good eats later later
  • ITTYbitty04
    ITTYbitty04 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Bump

Sounds really interesting ! Always looking for something new!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I don't normally post on the forums, but I tried a recipe I found off of pinterest today and loved it! Just three main ingredients for these high protein crepes (I made them pancakes by adding some baking powder so they were fluffier).

2 Eggs
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 flour

And I also added just a tiny bit of vanilla extract and cinnamon for taste. When I added it in to MFP, the entire batch (8 pancakes) was only 360 calories, 25g carbs, 29g protein, and 15g fat.

I put just a tiny bit of syrup on mine, but I'm sure they would taste great with fruit or jelly, too! :) It was really easy with the magic bullet, I just put it all in and let it stir it up for me.

Enjoy!

Thanks for posting this, OP!
    I'm going to try it using coconut flour and add some bananas.
  • Kronkiscow
    Kronkiscow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • Lookmeintheeyes135
    Options
    Bump
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I almost might try this... Which says a lot since I don't like cottage cheese in its slimy form.
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump bump
  • elizajane1
    elizajane1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I prefer crepes to pancakes!!
  • possummagic8
    possummagic8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eating mine fir breakfast now. I added some raw honey to the mix and now the are sweet enough to eat on there own x
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    ooohhhh :) i bought some cottage cheese yesterday to try and increase my protein but i've been trying to think of what to do with it to disguise it as its really not a favourite of mine. thanks for the recipe, i'll give it a try.
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Bumpy bump bump
  • allalreadytaken
    Options
    bump