Starting P90X 9-26-10!

Options

Replies

• JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Should we be doing a recovery shake after our workouts? What kind do you reccomend? I tried the Shakeology ones from beachbody and I wasn't impressed.

I love chocolate, I think I'll check on GNC and see what they have to offer

If you like chocolate I recommend Syntha-6 protein shake, chocolate flavor. I've tried a few and this one is good enough to mix with straight water & a little crushed ice. I highly recommend it.

Did you get that at GNC?
  • TonyaJ83
    Options
    I make my own:

1 cup 1% milk
    1/2 banana
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    2 scoops vanilla protein (I use Optimum Nutrition whey and casein - 1 scoop each)
    2 tbsp natural peanut butter
    2 tbsp ground flaxseed
    1 cup ice

Blend until smooth.

Word of warning though: That's a high calorie mix (about 690 calories). It contains 68 grams of protein, 27 grams of healthy fat and 52 grams of carbs (plus lots of fiber). You can reduce calories by using 1 scoop of protein instead of two, reducing or cutting out the peanut butter and reducing or cutting out the ground flaxseed.

That's A LOT of protein! :)
    I also make my own.
    Normally put:
    1 banana
    6 strawberries
    Rice milk or soy milk
    1 scoop rice protein
    Acai berry frozen pack
    Ice

I use the magic bullet!
  • Melora
    Melora Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Okay! I'm on board! Got my P90X yesterday and did the workout to see if I can do it. Did it! And then did half of the plyometrics with no problem....sweaty, but I could do it!
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    That's A LOT of protein! :)
    I also make my own.
    Normally put:
    1 banana
    6 strawberries
    Rice milk or soy milk
    1 scoop rice protein
    Acai berry frozen pack
    Ice

I use the magic bullet!

Yeah...it is. I'm trying to keep a 40/40/20 split on macros though and my lean body mass is currently about 185 pounds, so I sort of need a lot of protein because I'm trying not to lose muscle. 48 of those grams come from protein powder. I use one scoop of whey for a quick protein hit after my workout and 1 scoop of casein for a slower release to get me to lunch time.
  • TonyaJ83
    Options
    Okay! I'm on board! Got my P90X yesterday and did the workout to see if I can do it. Did it! And then did half of the plyometrics with no problem....sweaty, but I could do it!

Yay Melora!! Good luck!! :)
  • tondalea
    tondalea Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'm new here. I'm at the end of phase 2 but would love to send you all friend requests. Think I'm going to do insanity next.
  • JennS19
    Options
    Day 2 of Lean, Cardio completed! Got me sweating and my HR up!! Feeling tired and a bit sore but doing good!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Should we be doing a recovery shake after our workouts? What kind do you reccomend? I tried the Shakeology ones from beachbody and I wasn't impressed.

I love chocolate, I think I'll check on GNC and see what they have to offer

If you like chocolate I recommend Syntha-6 protein shake, chocolate flavor. I've tried a few and this one is good enough to mix with straight water & a little crushed ice. I highly recommend it.

Did you get that at GNC?

Actually, just from Amazon.com - it's cheaper there.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of Lean, Cardio completed! Got me sweating and my HR up!! Feeling tired and a bit sore but doing good!

Way to go!!!! Keep It up!!

Just finished Day 9 - Plyo!!! I can't believe how fast it has already gone by!!!
    Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • Rappla88
    Options

You can do it!! Good luck!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I love the plyometrics! :happy:

Karen
  • JennS19
    Options
    I bumped up my calorie intake because of the workouts but I did it mid day so I'm way below my daily calories today, but it's late and I'm not eating a bunch of calories right now. Tomorrow is another day, I'll plan a bit better then. :happy:
  • Rappla88
    Options
    I bumped up my calorie intake because of the workouts but I did it mid day so I'm way below my daily calories today, but it's late and I'm not eating a bunch of calories right now. Tomorrow is another day, I'll plan a bit better then. :happy:

One day is ok!! Were you feeilng ok?? I noticed the one day that I didn't eat enough calories and then did my workout I was a mess after! I felt like I couldn't even get off the couch. As long as your feeling ok, and it's just one day I think your fine!! Now that I've made it through the first week and I can see what I've burned last week, it's giving me a better idea what to plan for in in a day. Good luck and have today be a great day!!!
  • TonyaJ83
    Options
    Finished day 4! 1.5 pounds lost so far! Looking forward to tomorrow! YEAH!! =)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Finished day 4! 1.5 pounds lost so far! Looking forward to tomorrow! YEAH!! =)

WTG, on track!
  • JennS19
    Options
    Finished day 3, Holy Smokes on the Ab Ripper X and Arms and Shoulders. Wow! LOL No drop in the scale so far but still have a few days until weigh in. Took my measurements last night, a bit embarassing to say the least. Can't wait to see what 90 days brings
  • Melora
    Melora Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Day two! I'm doing the Lean program so Cardio was today. LOVED it!! Before I knew it I was sweating like crazy! Got Zumba tonight....how will I ever eat that many calories!! LOL!!!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Three days down and I'm feeling it, in a good way!

Karen
  • Rappla88
    Options
    I did the Tony Horton One on One Yoga today.... it was a bonus DVD that came with my P90x because I wanted to do a shorter version of yoga.... HOLY COW!! It's JUST as hard!!!! I hope someday yoga will get easier....

on a happier note... Ab Ripper X is getting better for me.... last week I could barely do ANY of it and now I'd say I'm doing at least 50%!!!!

Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • JennS19
    Options
    Yeah I Don't like the Yoga at all. I guess I'm just not a yoga person. I think I'll switch it out for another round of Cardio. That's just for me