• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Hell yes! A sexay man :tongue:

Eta: OP he's worried you got bigget cojones than him :happy:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    My husband thought the same thing when I first started lifting, now he's all for it. Keep lifting once he feels that tight *kitten* and sees that sexy small waist he will shut up.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why people are so afraid of looking like Jillian.

wX91eU2l.jpg

Since when is that manly?

^^^ this. she's not remotely manly. She looks like a woman. and an extremely fit and healthy one at that.....

society has some really unhealthy ideals if a fit, healthy woman who hasn't taken steroids is thought to look "manly"
  • _KrisMarie_
    Options
    smh. I have an ex-boyfriend, who was in really great shape himself, and he felt my shoulder/arm muscles, and said, "you're getting a little too muscular." :noway: Some people are so strange...
  • sdpeklo
    Options
    For whatever it is worth....Jillian looks or appears more "masculine" because of the way she carries herself. She also has a very strong jawline which also gives more of a masculine appearance.

I think it has less to do with her body per se and more her persona and the vibe she gives off. Any women that calls other women "buddy" in her exercise video has that masculine vibe.

While I don't want to ever have a G.I. Jane appearance.....yes Demi was strong .....that is not my look I want for myself. I would half to lose about 10 % bodyfat and that would put me in athlete category. Anymore than that and I would be in fit model category.

I have read it can take a year or more for women achieve 3- 5 lbs of muscle gain unless you are doing way more than a whey shake ... I don't think your SO has anything to worry about.

Also what makes you happy? You get fit for you....no one else just you! Best Wishes on your journey.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why people are so afraid of looking like Jillian.

wX91eU2l.jpg

Since when is that manly?

I think it's from a large group of very out of shape people who have no clue about how much work it takes for anyone (men and women alike) to actually build enough muscle and lose enough fat to get "ripped." Someone commented on one of these threads not too long ago that yea, "I didn't go to college because I was afraid that I'd accidentally get a Ph.D." I think that sums up my view of this issue nicely.
    Yep! After talking about my plans to start lifting to a coworker the other day, I was told, "Ew, don't! You'll get all bulgy and bulky like Shwarznegger." Really? :noway:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    If your guys are worried that you'll out lift them, and that would be my guess, then slap their backsides and tell them to get to it.
    then tell him to make you a sammich while you fart or burp loudly...farting is better because of the awesome potency of protein powered farts.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Funny. The more muscle definition I get, the more my boyfriend comments on my "sexy muscles."
  • nitenurse33
    nitenurse33 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    because of men like that is why im single. Im wondering why someone would make such an ignorant comment. I wish i had arm like jillian
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Why I'm glad I'm single

Me too.

Everyone has their preference, but I personally think a healthy, fit woman is beautiful.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    My husband always makes sure I get extra protein because he knows I am lifting weights and working on building muscle. If he cooks, and we don't have enough burgers, he will give me a whole one and the rest of the family will have half sized ones. Or if we make eggs he gives me the most.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Funny. The more muscle definition I get, the more my boyfriend comments on my "sexy muscles."

My husband also. He's always grabbing my booty and saying, "I love your muscles".
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Your husband sounds like a jealous woman.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    If your guys are worried that you'll out lift them, and that would be my guess, then slap their backsides and tell them to get to it.

QFT. Tell your men to suck it up, grow a pair, and get stronger. :flowerforyou:

I love it when mine tells me to "show me that pump, b!tch, show me that pump!" :love:
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options
    your husband probably has high estrogen
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Does he even lift?

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Personally I just want to lose weight and get a little toned. I wouldn't like to look all that muscular. Jillian has a nice body, but I just want to get toned.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Why I'm glad I'm single

Me too.

Everyone has their preference, but I personally think a healthy, fit woman is beautiful.

We're not all like that! Maybe I've been hanging around with climbing chicks for too long.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    He is just jealous
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Just show him this... (Mods I have read the guide lines and this falls into the category of acceptable)
    EnWDP1Q.jpg