What can you do now that you couldn't do 30 days ago?

Options

Replies

• Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    See my waistline. :)
  • Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    mine is utterly pathetic :( but I can now put on socks without a struggle, unlike 7 weeks ago when trying to put on socks would almost leave me in tears because it was so hard.

Not pathetic. Every change for the better is a good one! So, you are entitled to celebrate.

After a recent hip surgery, I could not reach my feet. When I could finally polish my own toenails, I emailed all of my friends!
  • maheshbhattarai1
    Options
    Now I can use stairmaster, I could never do that before my life:happy:
  • 1fitnessplanner
    1fitnessplanner Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i can balance on one leg for as long as i want either side lol insanity taught me that treasure
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Swim 200m with out stopping for a break :-)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Run a 5K.
    And wear a black belt in the dojo. :happy:
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    mine is utterly pathetic :( but I can now put on socks without a struggle, unlike 7 weeks ago when trying to put on socks would almost leave me in tears because it was so hard.

I thought mine was pathetic too when I said that I could stand up from the floor without a thought. I got some great feedback. It isn't pathetic. It is GREAT!! A win is a win!!
  • loislane2003
    loislane2003 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    wow great thread. sooo inspiring!!!
  • estelamdo
    Options
    Proper squats, lunges, burpees and (women) push-ups. Also added 5lbs to my strength training.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    30 days ago i couldnt walk a mile, now im back to my high school mile time of 7min, and can run for 2 1/2 miles straight, working toward my last summer amount which was 4 miles straight taking just 35 minutes. thats my running goal.

30 days ago i couldnt do a single yoga move, now my balance has improved, and i can do things like this...
    9705f7ec260d697f43bf58aabf83df8d.jpg

90 days ago i wanted to eat chips and cake and processed foods, now i dont think twice about things like that, i want apples and farmstand strawberries, and protein shakes.
    Wow! That's incredible progress, congrats!!!

Thank you
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

Not pathetic. Every change for the better is a good one! So, you are entitled to celebrate.

After a recent hip surgery, I could not reach my feet. When I could finally polish my own toenails, I emailed all of my friends!

Absolutely correct! Congratulations to us all!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    These are so inspiring. It doesn't matter if you are now able to run a marathon or just tie your shoes, it all still counts the same...it's progress and I love it! All my little steps since January have really added up to a BIG step and so will everyone else who is working towards their goal. Way to go everyone, let's keep up the posts!
  • rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Keep up with my friend at the gym (cardio/strength-wise)
    Stay under my carb limit.
  • danarandallreed
    danarandallreed Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I can accept the feeling of hunger as a signal instead of a feeling of panic.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    *Get through a holiday weekend without once worrying about my eating, because I actually want to eat healthy.

*Run 4.5 miles, as of Saturday. I started C25K in May and within the past 30 days I ran my first 5K race. Happy to see all the other runners on this page. For the newbies, stick with it. I can't tell you how rewarding it is.

*Buy both jeans & shirts one size smaller.
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Side planks!
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I can now do the dancer's pose, a proper chair pose, and a downward-facing dog for longer than two minutes in yoga. Doesn't sound great, but I have terrible balance and little upper-body strength, so it's a huge victory for me.

Now able to lift a little more weight despite a shoulder injury, and go for longer. Also, I can now crank the resistance all the way up on my exercise bike and go for 45 minutes.

Not an ability, but I can now say I'm finally under 200.

None of it sounds impressive, but after struggling with fatigue problems (my doctor said I had some of the worst vitamin deficiencies she's seen, thanks to a celiac diagnosis this year), those are pretty big steps for me. :)
  • Tmoxson
    Tmoxson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Now (then)

20 push-ups (could barely get through 4)
    Fasten the bra on the second hook (bra barely fit on first hook)
    40 second plank (15 seconds, max)
    Wake up and go to sleep pain-free (daily leg pain)

Thanks for this. The weight loss has been slow; the inches not really melting off. Needed to assess the positive changes, I went into this to get healthier and stronger above all else, and that goal has been met. Hopefully the toning will follow.
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Fit into the next size down sports bra. And see my collarbone!
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Jog