What can you do now that you couldn't do 30 days ago?

Options

Replies

• eartht0emma
    Options
    i actually couldn't even manage a sit up until a couple of weeks ago, so it shows something is working hahah!! i've also moved onto 5lb weights for strength so i'm proud of myself for that!
  • budderbun
    Options
    30 days ago at my "highest speed" I could complete my favorite biking trail in maybe 45-50 minutes. Today I can do it with the same amount of effort in around 30-35 minutes.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I can run for 5.minutes.at a time. :sad: This is thanks to C25K and the encouragement of MFP members to start it. I'm only on wk 4, but in a few more weeks, I'll be able to run 30 mins at a time.

Yesterday, I ate cauliflower for the 2nd time in my life and this time, I didn't think that I was going to die. This is thanks to finallychelle's Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes". The only vegetable that I eat are fried potatoes.
    I can now drive by a McDonald's and not think twice about it.
    Oh, yeah, that reminds me that I've only eaten fried foods maybe 1 time in almost two months and the only fast food that I've eaten was grilled chicken (maybe 2 times).

I haven't drank a soda in almost two months. I've drank straight water for about a month now. I HATE water normally and I've drank sodaS almost everyday for decades.
  • nikkster2985
    nikkster2985 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Increased my weight from 30-90 lbs during strength training.
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I can officially do jumps without hurting myself ... I have been doing turbofire & I want to be like those other in the video and I used to try to jump but I be like oh no not no more.. then one day I pushed myself and did it again and again. I made progress!!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think I have more than plateaued; I may be back sliding. That is why I am reading these for inspiration.

Yeah, it's not necessarily about the scale. It's about your overall improved health. :smile:
    I can run after a bus without then collapsing on the seat and drowning in sweat (eeeewwww).
    Sounds like you need to leave earlier. :laugh:
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    in 30 days I have doubled what I could lift 30 days ago (yey for newbie progress)

Next week I am going for another PB in the weight room, for the first time I'm attempting to DL slightly more than my own body weight :) and bench press half my body weight.

The side bonus to this strength training is that I can now swim 2.5k in the same time as it used to take me to swim 2k :)
  • namari
    namari Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump these are all so motivating :)
  • Cavy1234
    Cavy1234 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great topic! :smile:

I can get out of a chair or out of my bed without having to hold onto furniture for stability, and I can walk right away, rather than shuffling and trying to maintain balance. :happy:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Bend my left wrist.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I upped my overhead press to 50# (5 sets of 5). And I did hit the stairs. There is a park/staircase nearby. It has about 110 steps. I walked up and down 10 times! Not long ago, I would been done at 5. My next goal is to hit 12 times. And later....switch some of the walks to runs.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Burpees.
  • Blackdinomite
    Blackdinomite Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can bike 5 miles in 20 minutes on a mountain bike!
  • BIRD0
    BIRD0 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    30 days ago, I could not:

Use an elliptical at around 155 bpm (target heart rate) for 40 minutes minimum
    Say I'm in the 180's
    Fit into my size 12's
    Do 55lbs on pectoral fly x 30
    243lbs on linear leg press x 90 (3 sets of 30 with different foot placement)
    Do assisted pull-ups with 115lbs (so a little over 70lbs of my own weight)
    30 rowing push-ups with 12.5 dumbbells (girl push-ups, but still)
    2 sets of 30 squats (1 with 10 lb plates, 1 with 6 lb ball)
    60 lunges (30 each leg) with 6 lb ball
    60 side crunches (30 each side)
    30 assisted sit-ups (still use a bosu half ball to help)
    30 crunches with 12.5 dumbbell
    Keep up with yoga class
    Touch my toes (most excited about this one as I was barely able to touch half way between my knees and ankles a month ago)

Now, I can do all of that (cardio 5 days a week, strength/weights/core 3 days a week, yoga 2 days a week)

I hope to improve everything a lot in the next 30 days.
  • vcancel
    vcancel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    When I started in January, I couldn't even walk a mile. 30 days ago I was still struggling to make 2 miles. 30 days ago I decided to start jogging instead of walking. I guess pushing myself was the right thing to do :)

Thursday I ran my first 5K. I've ran 3 more since then. Today I got to 3.55 miles. I can totally dig that! :)

I'm so inspired by all of your accomplishments and so proud of all of you!!!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Bike 31 miles on my stationary bike!!
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Headstand!!

Also, actually looking forward to running to the gym and back...never going in the gym. I have a mile race on Sunday, will be interesting to see how hard I can push...and hopefully beat last year's time!!
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    30 days ago I couldn't go to work because I was on holidays. Now I can go to work again!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Wow!! This has gotten so much positive response and is so motivating. It's amazing what a difference 30 days can make! I've starting doing some barbell squats and have low weights and not able to get very low yet, but it's making me excited to see what I'll be able to do a month from now! Thanks for all the posts, so glad we can keep each going!
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Work out twice a day.