Eventual wedding

Options

Replies

• InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    why have you NOT already bought the dress?!? That should have been purchased, along with planning the entire thing as a surprise for him.
    Ok, let's not get carried away. I already said I was waiting for him to propose.

Where's the fun in that?
    Well I don't want him to think I'm completely nuts.
  • InForBacon
    Options
    I'd wait. I got my dress - had it altered, lost 7 pounds.... 7 pounds, that's it.... had to be taken in and up in the straps. 30 pounds will make a huge difference. I vote try on and see what you like, but don't buy, yet.
    Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    why have you NOT already bought the dress?!? That should have been purchased, along with planning the entire thing as a surprise for him.
    Ok, let's not get carried away. I already said I was waiting for him to propose.

Where's the fun in that?
    Well I don't want him to think I'm completely nuts.
    crazy-bride-1.jpg
    Just make him an offer he can't refuse.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Just don't tell him about that time I came and spent the night at your house and you went all basstomouth.

You kissed her back didn't you?:angry:
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    So here's the deal. I recently started dating a guy. We've been exclusive for about 2 months. From the beginning, we just clicked. Like we are soul mates or something. I'm almost positive we are going to get married. Every time I hint about it, he just smiles at me.

What I want to know is, how soon should I start shopping for dresses? I am planning to lose another 30 lbs and don't want to buy something and then have to alter it numerous times. Should I stop losing now and just maintain? If I should wait on the dress part, what are some good workouts and diets that I should do to lose as much as possible before the wedding?.

Having to repeatedly alter the dress is going to be expensive so you should definitely not focus on losing any more weight until after the wedding. Besides, how would you know he truly loves you for who you are if you lose the weight so soon after meeting him? I say buy the dress now and continue to drop hints about marriage just so he doesn't lose focus on what is important in life.
  • InForBacon
    Options
    So here's the deal. I recently started dating a guy. We've been exclusive for about 2 months. From the beginning, we just clicked. Like we are soul mates or something. I'm almost positive we are going to get married. Every time I hint about it, he just smiles at me.

What I want to know is, how soon should I start shopping for dresses? I am planning to lose another 30 lbs and don't want to buy something and then have to alter it numerous times. Should I stop losing now and just maintain? If I should wait on the dress part, what are some good workouts and diets that I should do to lose as much as possible before the wedding?.

Having to repeatedly alter the dress is going to be expensive so you should definitely not focus on losing any more weight until after the wedding. Besides, how would you know he truly loves you for who you are if you lose the weight so soon after meeting him? I say buy the dress now and continue to drop hints about marriage just so he doesn't lose focus on what is important in life.
    Great idea, definitely don't want him losing focus and looking elsewhere. Also, I know he loves me for me.
  • InForBacon
    Options
    Just don't tell him about that time I came and spent the night at your house and you went all basstomouth.

Does she have a mustache like Sanchez?

Trolls will be trolls.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Options

Trolls will be trolls.

Mirror
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options

Agreed. I would even think about packing on a few pounds to test him. Also, it might be a good idea to start dressing like his mother to really send the signal that you're the most important woman in his life.
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I knew within months of meeting my now husband that we were going to get married too. In October we will celebrate our 12 year anniversary. So love at first sight truly does happen. For your own health, I would start living a healthier lifestyle right away. I desperately wanted to lose weight before I got married too. But it seems like you get wrapped up in life and it doesn't happen like you think it will. Start now so you will have a head start on looking your best on your wedding day!
  • InForBacon
    Options
    I knew within months of meeting my now husband that we were going to get married too. In October we will celebrate our 12 year anniversary. So love at first sight truly does happen. For your own health, I would start living a healthier lifestyle right away. I desperately wanted to lose weight before I got married too. But it seems like you get wrapped up in life and it doesn't happen like you think it will. Start now so you will have a head start on looking your best on your wedding day!
    Stories like yours are inspiring. I'm glad someone else understands. Thank you!
  • InForBacon
    Options

Trolls will be trolls.

Mirror
    Kettle?
  • InForBacon
    Options

Agreed. I would even think about packing on a few pounds to test him. Also, it might be a good idea to start dressing like his mother to really send the signal that you're the most important woman in his life.
    His mother died a few years ago...
  • Cliffslosinit
    Options

Trolls will be trolls.

Mirror
    Kettle?

You're smart I like you.
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I can somewhat relate to this. When I met my boyfriend we pretty much instantly clicked. We moved in together after only a month, along with moving to a brand new city together. We've been together for a year now and things are still great! However, even though the whole relationship started off quickly and I felt ready to be engaged at the time, I'm glad that we didn't get engaged early on. The feelings were strong for each other and we both felt committed, but I think it's still important to ensure that those feelings will sustain for the long run. Now that we've been together for a year and we know that the feelings are lasting we are starting to look more towards a permanent future together.

I guess what I'm getting at is, don't get ahead of yourself! Enjoy your relationship for what it is now while you're still in the "honeymoon phase" and everything is fresh and new! Once you've reached a certain point I'm sure both of you will come to the decision that it's time to take the next step together. Good luck!
  • InForBacon
    Options
    I can somewhat relate to this. When I met my boyfriend we pretty much instantly clicked. We moved in together after only a month, along with moving to a brand new city together. We've been together for a year now and things are still great! However, even though the whole relationship started off quickly and I felt ready to be engaged at the time, I'm glad that we didn't get engaged early on. The feelings were strong for each other and we both felt committed, but I think it's still important to ensure that those feelings will sustain for the long run. Now that we've been together for a year and we know that the feelings are lasting we are starting to look more towards a permanent future together.

I guess what I'm getting at is, don't get ahead of yourself! Enjoy your relationship for what it is now while you're still in the "honeymoon phase" and everything is fresh and new! Once you've reached a certain point I'm sure both of you will come to the decision that it's time to take the next step together. Good luck!
    Thank you for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    meme-oag-thisiscrazy_zps6a7c31cb.jpg
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    You mentioned bulking up easily...Just wanted to suggest that you alternate which arm you wear your ipod on when you work out. Wouldn't want to look lopsided in your dress.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I really don't mean to be harsh but there is no way at all that you should be thinking about marriage after 2 month!
    Also if you are going to lose weight do it for yourself not for a wedding.
    Thank you for your input. You have no idea about the level of our commitment already and how deep our love is for each other. And the weight loss is for me, but I want to look as amazing as possible for my wedding day too.

Just because he smiles .....hmmm?"You sounds nuts to me" if your looking at a dress and he never even purposed.

Personal attacks are against forum guidelines.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I suggest waiting until you are officially engaged. That way, you can really enjoy every part of being engaged. Daydream, flip through magazines, scroll through Pinterest. But being engaged is a once in a lifetime moment , and my opinion is that you can enjoy that time more fully if you do all the "engaged" stuff when it's official. Besides. you can't pick a dress that matches your ring until you have the ring, and until you have a venue and a budget and all that stuff.

Meh. I have been engaged several times.