-Terrible food
    -Everything is over-priced
    -Drunk dudes of all ages

Hooters is not my thing at all.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I go there for the wings.

Actually, I don't go there, but if I did it would be for the wings.

Nevermind, I remembered those aren't even good.

Hahahaha
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Below par food, and every time I have been to one the waitresses were less than attractive. At least they had nice cans. But honestly I prefer a fit, athletic body which is usually accompanied by smaller melons. So for me, no real reason to go. But if you are a huge tit guy, that is basically the only reason to go.
    I'm glad you specified "usually" with your statement "I prefer a fit, athletic body which is usually accompanied by smaller melons". I was going to have to kill you off in my head otherwise. :wink:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    sigh...............................
    everyone loves a good hooter.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I choose to not support businesses that try to profit on marketing women's bodies.....so I have never been to a hooters.

But I find this thread to just be... Odd. What is the point, OP, of posting this? The only way to know if it is "any good" is to go and eat there. It's a frigging restaurant. If you are curious, go try it. If you don't like it, don't go back.

I don't get the big deal here.

I was watching Undercover Boss and it was about the founder's son/owner/CEO of Hooters.

Got me to thinking. It was a general question...*looks around* I mean, this IS the "Chit Chat, Fun and Games" thread, right?

I find this thread to be more legit than SOME of the stuff people post on here. Just my opinion. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to ask a question.
  • aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I really like their wings, their spicy shrimp, their fried pickles, and boobs.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hooters has disgusting food and the ugliest outfits ever.

ETA: If you need to wear shiny panty hose to hide your cellulite, you probably shouldn't wear those shorts in the first place.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Below par food, and every time I have been to one the waitresses were less than attractive. At least they had nice cans. But honestly I prefer a fit, athletic body which is usually accompanied by smaller melons. So for me, no real reason to go. But if you are a huge tit guy, that is basically the only reason to go.
    I'm glad you specified "usually" with your statement "I prefer a fit, athletic body which is usually accompanied by smaller melons". I was going to have to kill you off in my head otherwise. :wink:

Yeah, killing me off. THAT is what you do to me in your head :wink:
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    People like the wings, but I went once and they were just ok. And the girls weren't very pretty, horrible outfits - and most surprisingly, most did not even have big hooters. They were all like B cups.

The place is tacky as hell, I'd be embarrassed to go there again and was embarrassed for all the gross men there, how pathetic to get your kicks from checking out mediocre looking women in shiny panty hose.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    several several years ago, my sis worked at their corp office in Clearwater Florida. I used to frequent their very 1st restaurant but, I was more like Norm on Cheers. Even went to their Annual Christmas party (prrrettty crazy) but, overall, I liked the food ok, wait staff was always good at their job and very friendly (I was a good tipper though)

edit to add: I was able to land a couple of hooters outfits and a friend an I went to a Halloween party at hooters one year. That was the ONLY time I ever dressed up in womens clothing! EVER
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    fried pickles. The round ones not the spears
    nuff said
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Meh. Women get objectified enough. Hooters is embarrassing for women. I can't imagine a woman who would support such an institution.

I love boobs. But turns out I don't need to pay to stare at them. I am perfectly capable of taking a nice girl home and staring at all of her boobs. Or ya'know. Dating one or whatnot.

And let me tell you, a view of full boobs on a woman who doesn't work at hooters is MUCH better than cleavage from a push-up bra on a girl who doesn't enough of an education NOT to work at Hooters.

Hooters is for sad men who couldn't get laid if they tried.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options

wink-sayingyeahrightuhhuh_zpsf8a4ae8a.gif
  • djeffreys10
    Options

wink-sayingyeahrightuhhuh_zpsf8a4ae8a.gif

I can't see photobucket at work. So I don't know whether to be sad, pissed, or turned on right now.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    People like the wings, but I went once and they were just ok. And the girls weren't very pretty, horrible outfits - and most surprisingly, most did not even have big hooters. They were all like B cups.

I'm a little spoiled in the wing realm. There was this restaurant in Montana where I grew up that made these wings...spicy to the point where they were ALMOST too spicy....but so delicious and flavorful. Amazing.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    The wings are meh.

I've been there a total of maybe 3 times. There's nothing wrong with it. It's really just a restaurant where the waitresses wear skimpy outfits.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Hooters has disgusting food and the ugliest outfits ever.

ETA: If you need to wear shiny panty hose to hide your cellulite, you probably shouldn't wear those shorts in the first place.

and now with the body shaming....

OP: i didn't say you weren't allowed to ask a question, it just seems odd to me that you come on MFP to ask if it's worth going there when you have one "just down the street" and you are curious if it is any good. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to post my thoughts!
  • djeffreys10
    Options
    edit to add: I was able to land a couple of hooters outfits and a friend an I went to a Halloween party at hooters one year. That was the ONLY time I ever dressed up in womens clothing! EVER

4xNsvZj.gif
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options

I'm a little spoiled in the wing realm. There was this restaurant in Montana where I grew up that made these wings...spicy to the point where they were ALMOST too spicy....but so delicious and flavorful. Amazing.

I think the people that like the wings probably have no other options - they are like regular chain restaurant wings.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Meh, I can take it or leave it. If I go, I get the naked wings as there is WAY too much breading on the regular ones for me. The waitresses are generally fairly mediocre, both in looks and service. That being said, it's a decent place to have some cold beer and watch a ball game with a bunch of guys. I'll take my son in there occasionally as that's just a rite of passage for an American male. But I won't be heartbroken if I don't ever eat at Hooters again.