What level of physique is ideal to you:woman

Replies

• studentgirly
    studentgirly Posts: 129 Member
    bikini
  • Gwyn1969
    Gwyn1969 Posts: 181 Member
    None of them, they all look great but they are all competitive dieters. I have better things to do with my incredible physique than make it weak through repeated bouts of intensive fat loss.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Fitness
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    bikini or fitness model :smile:
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Please tell me where in the definition of feminine you posted is any mention of muscular definition or even body composition?
    The "soft" part is a start. It also lists "delicate" and "gentle" as synonyms, which do not go hand-in-hand with having large muscles. It lists "masculine" as an antonym, which is defined as thus (notice the parts about muscles, strength, power, etc):

mas·cu·line
    ˈmaskyələn/
    adjective
    adjective: masculine

having qualities or appearance traditionally associated with men, esp. strength and aggressiveness.
    "he is outstandingly handsome and robust, very masculine"
    synonyms: virile, macho, manly, muscular, muscly, strong, strapping, well built, rugged, robust, brawny, heavily built, powerful, red-blooded, vigorous;
    informal: hunky, testosteronic
    "a powerfully masculine man"
    boyish, unfeminine, unwomanly, Amazonian;
    informal: butch
    "a rather masculine woman"
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Please tell me where in the definition of feminine you posted is any mention of muscular definition or even body composition?
    The "soft" part is a start. It also lists "delicate" and "gentle" as synonyms, which do not go hand-in-hand with having large muscles. It lists "masculine" as an antonym, which is defined as thus (notice the parts about muscles, strength, power, etc):

mas·cu·line
    ˈmaskyələn/
    adjective
    adjective: masculine

having qualities or appearance traditionally associated with men, esp. strength and aggressiveness.
    "he is outstandingly handsome and robust, very masculine"
    synonyms: virile, macho, manly, muscular, muscly, strong, strapping, well built, rugged, robust, brawny, heavily built, powerful, red-blooded, vigorous;
    informal: hunky, testosteronic
    "a powerfully masculine man"
    boyish, unfeminine, unwomanly, Amazonian;
    informal: butch
    "a rather masculine woman"

Guess all those farm wives back in the day were really masculine then.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I'm with most other people who have responded to this thread. The bikini example is still mostly feminine, but further defined just loses all attractiveness. The only caveat with the bikini version (for me) is that she look like she might have implants. Those will make any woman instantly unattractive, regardless of her build.

Personally, 25-28%BF... with enough muscle to shape up all the right places... is right in my wheelhouse. Wouldn't you know it, that just happens to be what my wife is currently shooting for :)

Please stop defining femininity by muscle definition. They are hardly related.
    I completely disagree. This thread is about looks, not capability or some other character-defining trait. And it's not like I made up the definition myself... In the looks department, feminine has historically been less muscle, more soft. Masculine being the opposite.

Just because you want the term "feminine" to have a different definition, doesn't mean you can just change it. The word means what it means, and I used it correctly.

fem·i·nine
    /ˈfemənin/
    adjective
    adjective: feminine

having qualities or appearance traditionally associated with women, esp. delicacy and prettiness.
    "a feminine frilled blouse"
    synonyms: womanly, ladylike;
    girlish;
    soft, delicate, gentle, graceful;
    informal: girly
    "a very feminine young woman"
    antonyms: masculine

So.... if "soft" is feminine and "hard" is masculine...... Which exactly are you?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    FIGURE INTERNATIONAL! :)
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    So.... if "soft" is feminine and "hard" is masculine...... Which exactly are you?
    I'm not sure what your point is. Some misinformed person on this thread accused me of making stereotypes and judgments about people because I used the actual definitions of words when giving my opinion. What, exactly, are you attempting to accomplish?
  • Garthamatic
    Garthamatic Posts: 84 Member
    I see a rather lovely type has been left out...

Caro+Emerald++2010+shoot.jpg

:drinker:

Oh hell yeah. :wink:
  • A lil more muslce than bikini, a lil more body fat than fitness. Lol or something like that;)
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Right now I am working toward bikini. I hope to be there by next summer. I would like to eventually be at the fitness level.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,926 Member
    I like the "fitness model" look. I don't think I can make it an "everyday" look, but I'm a little more muscular than the "bikini-look", on an everyday basis.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    None of them, they all look great but they are all competitive dieters. I have better things to do with my incredible physique than make it weak through repeated bouts of intensive fat loss.

Ummm wow....I don't even know how to respond to something so inflammatory! I am surprised this comment hasn't been (rightfully) attacked yet. :huh:

Edited for spelling error. Oopsie!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Somewhere between bikini & fitness.
  • sonhando
    sonhando Posts: 69 Member
    bikini with bigger muscles.

This.

I like the muscle size of fitness and figure, but wouldn't want quite as much definition as any of those 2. However, I'd like more definition (and muscle) than in the bikini one.

This too
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    dunno if shes up there but I'll take Nicole wilson all day urryday
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    From those options, bikini.
    However, for myself, I prefer a less muscular look than that even. Small, skinny, but firm (no jiggle) is my ideal.

ETA: I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with those looks, but it's certainly not realistic for the average women and none of them are my personal ideal for myself.
  • For myself? None.

Maybe bikini model, but more likely off-season bikini model. They're all fantastic and I admire the dedication, but I'm not willing to make the necessary compromises to my life to be competition level lean. I'd rather hover at a little bit higher body fat percentage, because at that level, I know I don't have to restrict myself in any way.

Same here
  • None of them, they all look great but they are all competitive dieters. I have better things to do with my incredible physique than make it weak through repeated bouts of intensive fat loss.

THIS