What's the Best Lifting Program for Woman

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Just looking to achieve bikini model status, not fitness model or anything else with more muscle def. Just bikini model.

Getting to that level is going to take dedication and consistency. You're going to have to log your food religiously.

I'm not ashamed to say that I'm not prepared to do the work it would take to get to any kind of model status. I've got other priorities that are more important to me. If that's your goal, you have to be prepared to work for it and work hard.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Just looking to achieve bikini model status, not fitness model or anything else with more muscle def. Just bikini model.

I would aim for finishing 1 lifting program while logging your food consistently first.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    OMG, just thinking. How many friggen plates am I gonna need to buy in order to keep progressing by 5lbs each workout. 3 times a week for 6 months to reach 1st goal? There's about 24 weeks in 6 months and 24 * 3 = 72 times to increase weights. So if i start at 50lb then i am supposed to progress to lift 410lbs??? LOL. I don't think so! What's the norm for a woman to max out at with lifting say for squats? Can someone please tell me what I should add to my weight collection? This is what i currently have: 2*25lb, 4*10lb, 4*5lb. Thanks
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    OMG, just thinking. How many friggen plates am I gonna need to buy in order to keep progressing by 5lbs each workout. 3 times a week for 6 months to reach 1st goal? There's about 24 weeks in 6 months and 24 * 3 = 72 times to increase weights. So if i start at 50lb then i am supposed to progress to lift 410lbs??? LOL. I don't think so! What's the norm for a woman to max out at with lifting say for squats? Can someone please tell me what I should add to my weight collection? This is what i currently have: 2*25lb, 4*10lb, 4*5lb. Thanks

Shut up and lift.

ETA: You can sit around and worry about setting perfect goals, making sure you have the optimal work out program, and obsess over perfect form and never leave your keyboard or you can start a tried and true strength based program, eat following a few common sense rules and watch progress happen. You need to start seeing the forest through the trees.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    So my goal is to reach 150lb on squats and 200lb on deads. What to woman want to reach for OHP and BPress? I'm thinking 80lb for OHP and 100lb Bpress for me. Sound about right?

Are you planning on progressing like a program tells you and stick with it for more than 2 months?

You bet i am! And no, not a limit. Just a first goal. I will set new goal after 1st goal is reached. And maybe i will just stop at those weights but just do more reps. Nothing wrong with that is there?
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Also wondering what a good first goal is for BP and OHP? Those are the hardest i find. OHP in particular.
  • shutupandlift13
    Options
    Also wondering what a good first goal is for BP and OHP? Those are the hardest i find. OHP in particular.

FFS

Start lifting, understand where you're at and get better. That should be your goal as a beginner.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options

FFS

Start lifting, understand where you're at and get better. That should be your goal as a beginner.

Stop ur cursing. No one wants to listen to that. Keep it to yourself. Thanks. Next post please....
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

Nobody can answer that question for you. There is no general "first goal." Everyone is coming from a different starting point. Some things you're just going to have to figure out on your own. And you would do well to remember that lifting heavy weights is very hard work. People who quit things easily are usually not very good at it.
  • shutupandlift13
    Options

FFS

Stop ur cursing. No one wants to listen to that. Keep it to yourself. Thanks. Next post please....

Never mind the probably nearing a hundred helpful, logical and well thought out posts I have written in reply to your ridiculous temper tantrums that you throw in the forums on a weekly basis. And yet you're still in the same spot you were two months ago, still doing the same counterproductive things that we all advised you against.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Your first goal should be to complete one lifting workout session. Get your feet wet. Progress. THEN worry about weight goals for specific lifts.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

Nobody can answer that question for you. There is no general "first goal." Everyone is coming from a different starting point. Some things you're just going to have to figure out on your own. And you would do well to remember that lifting heavy weights is very hard work. People who quit things easily are usually not very good at it.

Wait, lifting is hard?

Are you telling me I can't just add 5# to my squat every week and be at 500# in 6months?

OH! Well, screw this crap! I quit! :explode:
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

This is what we call "Majoring in the Minors".

Stop overcomplicating things. Begin your program and progress. When you stall, bump it back a little and work your way back up.

Stop making excuses and looking for the easy way out, like not being able to afford plates because you think you will progress at an extreme rate. You won't squat 400 lbs ever with your attitude, i can tell you that... flat out.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Take some initiative. I swear you won't be happy until you have someone in the gym with you, helping you lift the barbell.

Quit talking and complaining and asking where you should be in a month and where you should be now and blah blah blah. Go to the freaking gym and learn how to do the lifts, and then do them.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    no results in 2 month? so you strength was stagnant? were you following the program? did you increase the weight ever?

Yes, I did increase the weight every 2-3 weeks it was increased by 10lbs. 5lbers are the lowest weight plates i have so i had to increase by 10lb increments.

you're supposed to increase the weight every workout, not every 2-3 weeks. That probably explains why you didn't see any results.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    ✦ There is no women's lifting program. There is just lifting for humans.

^^^^ this
  • shutupandlift13
    Options
    I have to remind myself of this too:

skMWCmK.jpg
    Your first goal should be to complete one lifting workout session. Get your feet wet. Progress. THEN worry about weight goals for specific lifts.
    Take some initiative. I swear you won't be happy until you have someone in the gym with you, helping you lift the barbell.

Quit talking and complaining and asking where you should be in a month and where you should be now and blah blah blah. Go to the freaking gym and learn how to do the lifts, and then do them.
    This is what we call "Majoring in the Minors".

Stop overcomplicating things. Begin your program and progress. When you stall, bump it back a little and work your way back up.

Stop making excuses and looking for the easy way out, like not being able to afford plates because you think you will progress at an extreme rate. You won't squat 400 lbs ever with your attitude, i can tell you that... flat out.

Quoted for awesomeness.

peace-i-m-out.gif
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Are you gonna actually lift or just keep going on and on about it ad nauseum?
  • neandermagnon
    Options

it depends on a lot of things like your height, frame size, relative limb lengths, relative lengths of upper and lower limbs, whether you've developed strength in the past (either through exercise of physical labour) and how long you've been training. So I can't really give you a specific answer.

Most people find OHP the hardest of all the lifts.

If adding 5lb to the bar each time results in the amount of weight going up too quickly, add 2.5lb to the bar each time. If that's still too quick, add 1lb each time. You need to be adding weight to the bar every time you succeed at 5 sets of 5 reps with good form. If the amount of weight is going up too quickly each time that you're unable to maintain good form, then increase it by a smaller amount each time.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Are you gonna actually lift or just keep going on and on about it ad nauseum?

Yes! I guess none of you noticed. I lifted last night! And im gonna lift tomorrow too! As for the people who gave straight answers, thanks.