The Most Perfect Foods in the Universe

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    BOOOOOO!!

Ok, I challenge you to post the most perfect chocolate recipe/bar etc!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/beattys-chocolate-cake-recipe/index.html

End of thread!
  • tumbledownhouse
    tumbledownhouse Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    BOOOOOO!!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/beattys-chocolate-cake-recipe/index.html

End of thread!

Ok, that looks pretty good... but, on the other hand...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19989-1378222395-38_preview.gif
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I reckon anything that keeps a human being alive is perfect.

It is very easy to debate (and google) the pros and cons of this and that food with regard to fat/nutrient/macro/whatever but when it comes to food, sustenance, it's pretty simple.

It either keeps you alive, or it doesn't.

We really do get bogged down in the details sometimes ...
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hard to pick but cheesy chips (fries) with a big dob of mayo on top would rank pretty high, or maybe a full English breakfast (veggie style for me), or homemade macaroni cheese or maybe.......................damn it, no wonder I'm overweight lol :sad:
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I make a pasta which I've never named, but which is the best pasta I've ever encountered. The sauce is basically heavy cream & tons of Muenster melted together, with bacon, black olives, plenty of garlic, lots and lots of mushrooms... all seasoned with white pepper and a little mustard powder. I'm really not doing it justice here; it's out of this world fantasic! And, of course, about 900 calories per (reasonable) serving. Sigh.
  • curly1986
    curly1986 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    pizza.jpg

I'm not going to discriminate against most pizza, I'm an equal opportunities kinda girl... Dominos, pizza hut, local independant place... They are all great... I could live on pizza... (Not a massive fan of frozen pizzas except the chicago town takeaway ones)
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Reese's.
  • myfbil
    myfbil Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    "There must be something wrong with me because a lot of those weren't particularly appetising. Or perhaps it's just because I'm not American."

I'm American and I totally agree with you! I don't think you're being snobbish.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    This would change pretty much constantly for me but at the moment, I'm going to have to go with the meal I had a couple weeks ago while visitng my Uncle in Northern Maine - at Governor's Restaurant. BBQ Bacon Meatloaf served with sweet potato fries and coleslaw. Not to mention the excellent starter of huge yeast rolls and a lovely ceasar salad. YUM!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Porchetta
  • tumbledownhouse
    tumbledownhouse Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the buzzfeed list wasn't really intended as a definitive list, more a jumping off point for conversation!

I think a roast chicken with all the trimmings is pretty hard to beat... with raspberry pavlova afterwards!
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    There must be something wrong with me because a lot of those weren't particularly appetising. Or perhaps it's just because I'm not American.

So post what rocks foodwise for you instead of being unnecessarily snobbish. :flowerforyou:

She did......keep reading
  • bongochick45
    bongochick45 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    BOOOOOO!!

End of thread!

Ok, that looks pretty good... but, on the other hand...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19989-1378222395-38_preview.gif

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^
  • smithed812
    Options
    Peanut butta.
  • level26
    Options
    Goetta and Izzy's Potato Pancakes. After that chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick. All from Oktoberfest. :love:
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter!
    I think peanut butter on a brick would taste great

Yup. Me Too!!! It is not only the best perfect food, it is, in fact, the ONLY perfect food.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Talenti sea salt caramel gelato
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    Options
    Friendly's Jim Dandy sundae <3
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    Options
    Talenti sea salt caramel gelato

I LOVE Talenti.. that flavor.. mmm. I love the Banana swirl, too.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    There must be something wrong with me because a lot of those weren't particularly appetising. Or perhaps it's just because I'm not American.

So post what rocks foodwise for you instead of being unnecessarily snobbish. :flowerforyou:

I didn't read her post as snobbish at all - more like saying maybe it's a cultural thing she couldn't relate to.