Does it bother anyone...

Options

Replies

• CharliLarlie
    CharliLarlie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen any McD's on my page, but lots of weight loss and nutrition. I'm obsessing, I guess! Lucky for me I don't like fast good much any more. I will go with my hubby to KFC or Burger King, where I can get a salad. I eat a fry or two from his meal, but I don't eat fried foods too much.
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've got Target and Nordstrom.. humm.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    The ads come from your search history and not from MFP. So if you goggled mcdonalds or even calories in fast food it might cause the ad to come up. Right now personally, I have an ad for replica star trek uniforms.

I have never googled Krispy Kreme IN MY LIFE, but I seem to get ads for it.

Having said that, it's just an ad.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Adblock and Adblock plus. I don't see any of the ads.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    The ads come from your search history and not from MFP. So if you goggled mcdonalds or even calories in fast food it might cause the ad to come up. Right now personally, I have an ad for replica star trek uniforms.

Yep. I get a lot of Cabelas ads and Eastbay or Zappos
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    The ad I see is "The Cheerios You Love in Delicious Flavors & Combinations!"

...I hate Cheerios.

jhq82a.gif

To the OP's question "Does it bother anyone..." It doesn't bother me at all.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me because Adblocker is my friend.
  • rachiefacecakes
    Options
    Heh I get no ads because I block them with an adblocker :)
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I think some ads ARE related to your history, but others are just ads that MFP sold. For example, my side ad was for Teleflora & I was checking some florists websites earlier. But my top ad was for Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls. Some specific ads (not related to history) may be targeting fit people...like healthy foods, fitness products, etc. Other specific ads may be targeting people who are weak in discipline & may go out to buy the unhealthy food. So use it as motivation! As in, HOW DARE THEY assume that I'm so weak that this would tempt me, I'll show them! ;-) Then go eat something healthy or exercise.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Buy one and get one for a quarter???

I must add that to my calendar today.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Nope. Doesn't bother me in the least. I see ads everywhere for things I want to consume and things I don't. That's just life.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    :laugh: My ads are all for shoes...I guess I know what this says about me...
  • mytabouly
    mytabouly Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just before I was getting Adidas ads, now I'm getting ads for Renault cars... which is funny because I dont even drive.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me in the least that the ads are related to my searches. I kind of wish I had ads for McDs because I really want a double cheeseburger.
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    No , they helped get many here let some of their ad budget help us out... nothing is for free...
  • Liz_Mfp
    Liz_Mfp Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Does this bother anyone else?

Doesn't bother me.
    I don't even see them, don't look at them.

:-)
  • marionmmm
    Options
    Saints VS Buccaneers home opener... huge football fan, searching all the time because i will have the BEST FANTASY TEAM EVER!!!!!!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i have TIRE ads and quest bar ads. :) i did get new tires a month ago. i dont need them anymore and wish the ads would go away. but oh well. oh and i see universal studios alot too. i have an annual pass.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Google Chrome. Lol
  • jess4fun
    Options
    I love to bake cinnamon rolls from scratch but haven't baked in a while. I was surprised to see a friggin' Pilsbury cinnamon rolls ad- that kind in that exploding can. Now I have to go make a batch cuz I can almost smell them. mmmmm. I actually thought it was funny to see that ad on a diet webpage. I guess I'm easily amused, though.