Does it bother anyone...

Options

Replies

• IrisRoseGingersnap
    Options
    I've got Association for Advanced Training in the Behavioral Sciences where I bought and use online study materials.

So we could google motivations for weight loss / fitness / how we plan to reward ourselves and those things would show up here. Cool!
  • browneteach
    browneteach Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm getting Barnes and Noble and Dentist Ads
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I usually dont even look at the ads, focused on the middle of the page.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I know that MFP depends on ads to help pay for this site, but really McDonalds... I keep seeing "Customer Appreciation Day" adds for buy one, get one for $ 0.25 for Big Macs or Quarter Pounders.... don't they know that this is hard for some people (like me!)....

Does this bother anyone else? or is it just bothering me?

What ads? I use ABP.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Adblock Plus for Chrome.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me because I won't eat at McD's even if I got the food for free. I've a major dislike for that chain, boycotted it for ten years now. An Arby's roast beef sandwich is hard to turn down, though.
  • Miepke99
    Miepke99 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've got AdBlock. No annoying ads for me. Not even on YouTube.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I've got sewing machines...haha
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    cookies.

learn about them.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    cookies.

learn about them.

I'm particularly keen on chocolate chips. I could study a batch for at least a couple of minutes before gobbling them all down . . .
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me at all, I have Ad Block on Safari so I never see ads anyhow.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are based on a search history.

All my ads are Yoga and Book Related
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I get ads for plus sized clothining and fishing programs on the Discovery channel. I don't get it. LOL
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Nope. Doesn't bother me in the least. I see ads everywhere for things I want to consume and things I don't. That's just life.

And this!!
  • Cyanimoons
    Options
    Ad block is your friend.

I can't stand ads either, and this is the best way to go.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    :sad:

I like McDonalds
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I use AdBlock in Chrome, so I don't see any ads at all. The way I like it.
  • Jus1molbplz
    Options
    This is part of Google's privacy settings. They track what you write, search (including emails) and pass that information along to 3rd parties that will advertise to you. You can change this setting in your google settings. It's how Google makes its money and is "always" right with their searches...

Privacy is only noticed when its missing
  • musicteacher40
    musicteacher40 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Once again.... I have never searched in google anything...and I mean anything about McDonalds.... the only thing I can think of is we fixed homemade hamburgers and I searched here on MFP the calories... that is the closest I've come to googling that company... I've really never liked this company and therefore why would I search it then...

I think there is more to this that what you all are saying...!!!!!!!!! JUST MY OPINION!!!!!
  • jfarnden
    Options
    I don't see any ads because i use AdBlock for Chrome and Firefox. It removes the ads from every site. I don't even get ads on youtube.