15 lbs & 20 in. lost in 24 days (w. pics)

Options

Replies

• mspiggy1178
    mspiggy1178 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!!! Congrats and keep it up.
  • thesweatybetty
    thesweatybetty Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You look great!! As long as YOU know what you are doing, people are entitled to their opinion and yes will give it. I totally understand about feeling bad about yourself and need something to kick start it. I wish I had any money to add something extra into my change. You are doing a great job!! Keep it up!!!

thank you. it was just hard to show that picture anyways, since i'm very self-conscious, and the comments just hit me the wrong way. I know i'm not starving myself and I guess that's all that matters. thanks for the positive response.
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    Wow, you look great!!! Congrats and keep it up.

thank you, very much!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    They looked at your food log... In it you haven't gone over 1100 calories.

Good job though. Glad you are seeing results.

I don't log everything that enters my mouth. I'm tired of defending myself though. So much for the positivity and support I thought I was going to receive. It took a lot for me to post that picture, and now I fully regret it.

Don't regret it for a moment!! your results are fantastic and it's what is driving you to do more, that's the key to this whole thing. I can only speak for myself when I say that I was concerned when I saw your diary and that is why I added my comment after. I would suggest that you create the habit of logging everything into your diary, not so that others will see, but for your own reference in the future.

Best wishes :flowerforyou:

ETA: I see you added a 'Disclaimer' to your original post =)
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I never did the challenge but I like some of the products like catalyst. You got great results.

I like my food - so I eat normal food and I really am not into cleansing though it works for some people. I just don't want to make this lifestyle change so hard on myself that I want to (a) give up or (b) give up. So in looking for something sustainable for life I don't do cleansing and shake diets. I workout, try to eat within my macros and hope that I will lose.
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    I never did the challenge but I like some of the products like catalyst. You got great results.

I like my food - so I eat normal food and I really am not into cleansing though it works for some people. I just don't want to make this lifestyle change so hard on myself that I want to (a) give up or (b) give up. So in looking for something sustainable for life I don't do cleansing and shake diets. I workout, try to eat within my macros and hope that I will lose.

thanks for the feedback. the shakes were only 14 days.. because I've tried long-term diets where shakes were normal and I always fell off the wagon. I love the catalyst as well!
  • Susantuti
    Susantuti Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yeah but the first thing she said (in bold) was that she does not log everything she eats. So why check the diary?

I'm no expert but what I do know is that most ppl on this site will do something wrong before they do something right. We learn from our mistakes and it seems like it's almost inevitable when it comes to weight loss.

OP, congratulations on your loss. I don't know if your way was the best way but if it wasn't I'm sure you'll figure that out soon enough and modify what ever needs to be and at that point you'll still be closer to your goal than I am to mine.
  • lustergirl
    lustergirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I also take a arginine supplement. I have a sluggish metabolism and using this natural instead of going on medication, which already have and made me sick.
  • damedame
    damedame Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yeah but the first thing she said (in bold) was that she does not log everything she eats. So why check the diary?

I'm no expert but what I do know is that most ppl on this site will do something wrong before they do something right. We learn from our mistakes and it seems like it's almost inevitable when it comes to weight loss.

OP, congratulations on your loss. I don't know if your way was the best way but if it wasn't I'm sure you'll figure that out soon enough and modify what ever needs to be and at that point you'll still be closer to your goal than I am of mine.

the first part was edited in later
  • tanya0324
    tanya0324 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great job! I began my weightloss journey with the 24 day challenge and was very happy with the results. I do not use all of the products on a regular basis and have still dropped 43 pounds. As was previously stated, this is not a magic pill nor does it claim to be. You still have to put in the work to see the results. The harder you work, the greater the results. I also understand why you're sensitive to the comments about your caloric intake. You posted because you are all happy and excited about your accomplishements and your 1st few comments were from people expressing concern. I don't think they are bashing though. There is one guy on here who acts like he has a personal vendetta against Advocare. I see him on every Advocare post bashing those who take it. I'm sure he'll present himself on this one as well. Best of luck to you on your continued journey.
  • bettybunz
    Options
    I didnt want to put my picture on here either but I said screw it. The more I see my fat *kitten* the harder I will work
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    Options
    First, congrats on your weight loss.

Second, if you have been around the MFP boards at all, which I assume you have, you know that supplements or not eating your exercise calories back or not at least hitting 1200 net a day brings all kinds of negativity. I appreciate your story, and I am not trying to be negative. If you do not want negaitvity and you acheived your loss the way you did, don't post it on MFP.

Third, I am not even going to tell you the rules that I have broken in regards to the MFP "lifestyle change" police. But I have lost 36 pounds which is more than my goal bu 2 pounds so there.

Fourth, congrats again on your weight loss. Sometimes we all need a jumpstart to get us going a believing, whether it is weight loss, school, parenting, life in general.

YOU GO GIRL! Do what you gotta do just do not forget to learn along the way!
  • thesweatybetty
    Options

OP, congratulations on your loss. I don't know if your way was the best way but if it wasn't I'm sure you'll figure that out soon enough and modify what ever needs to be and at that point you'll still be closer to your goal than I am to mine.

thanks for the positive comment. i'm learning as I go; I've had a weight problem my whole life (i'm 25 now).
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wow not sure why everyone's being so negative..perhaps they are genuinely commenting out of concern for your long term goals. I started out my journey the wrong way and was strictly eating only 1200 calories a day..working out at least 2 hours a day and going into negative for net calories. I wasn't losing weight and got so frustrated. Then I found out what my TDEE number is and am now working at 25-30%. I'm was supposed to be eating around 2000 calories a day based on my activity level but this is impossible so I cut down on my workouts :) I now try to net around 1400 calories a day (and yeah it's forcing down calories lol) and work out 2-3 times a week instead. Sounds like you made an awesome plan to kick start your weight loss and now it sounds like your motivated and determined to get into a healthy lifestyle for long term. I really notice a difference in your pictures...great job!!!
  • Hunnib23
    Hunnib23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work cause you are looking great! Even better, it's awesome to hear you are FEELING great!!

I don't get the negativity and I would ignore it. It was obviously people who did not take the time to read or understand your entire intro to the pictures such as using a nutritionist and not logging everything you eat. Never ceases to amaze me why people are so quick to want to find somwething negative in a positive situation.

WTG on your HEALTHY work!!
  • Susantuti
    Susantuti Posts: 168 Member
    Options

OP, congratulations on your loss. I don't know if your way was the best way but if it wasn't I'm sure you'll figure that out soon enough and modify what ever needs to be and at that point you'll still be closer to your goal than I am of mine.

the first part was edited in later

Ok. Didn't know that.
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Despite the negativity on a positye post I want to take the time to tell you Good Job and keep up the good work!!!! I see a major change in your mid-section. to each her own. You do what works for best for you and don't worry about what anyone else have to say. I also do not agree with eating back calories and there is not much convincing.
  • Jerijoh
    Jerijoh Posts: 107
    Options
    Good job on losing weight. Not such a good job on having pretty regular days where your body lacks over 1,000 calories of fuel to function. You're effectively starving your body from the calories it needs, and I'm not entirely agreeing with a method where you starve your body.

Perhaps try reading her story before commenting. She clearly stated she eats 1,300 - 1,400 calories per day.

Congrats on your weight loss Bettystewart! =)
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    Great job! I began my weightloss journey with the 24 day challenge and was very happy with the results. I do not use all of the products on a regular basis and have still dropped 43 pounds. As was previously stated, this is not a magic pill nor does it claim to be. You still have to put in the work to see the results. The harder you work, the greater the results. I also understand why you're sensitive to the comments about your caloric intake. You posted because you are all happy and excited about your accomplishements and your 1st few comments were from people expressing concern. I don't think they are bashing though. There is one guy on here who acts like he has a personal vendetta against Advocare. I see him on every Advocare post bashing those who take it. I'm sure he'll present himself on this one as well. Best of luck to you on your continued journey.

thanks for the comment. I got so offended, because i'm pretty insecure to being with. I was hesitant to post my picture in the first place, but see a lot of positive feedback to people, so I thought, what the hell, i'll give it a try. when 90% of the comments I received were trying to tell me what I did wrong, I got defensive.

I know that i'm not starving myself and that's all that matters. the point of this post wasn't to get preached at, just to show some progress.
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    Good job on losing weight. Not such a good job on having pretty regular days where your body lacks over 1,000 calories of fuel to function. You're effectively starving your body from the calories it needs, and I'm not entirely agreeing with a method where you starve your body.

Perhaps try reading her story before commenting. She clearly stated she eats 1,300 - 1,400 calories per day.

Congrats on your weight loss Bettystewart! =)

thanks so much for the sweet comment! there haven't been many!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!