15 lbs & 20 in. lost in 24 days (w. pics)

Options

Replies

• NaughtyinCali
    Options
    For what its worth, I dont think a weight loss of around 3.5 pds a week is extreme. Listen to your doctor and listen to yourself. Im pretty sure your dr would tell you thats within the range of a healthy weight loss, and the benefits of the inches lost, especially those on the waist, will have a tremendous impact on your health. My opinion is, if it makes you healthier and happier, do it. Whatever "it" is for you. We can debate the thousands of ways ppl get there, but you cannot debate the health benefits of a smaller waist line. Good luck to you and I hope to see you stick around. Even if out of spite ;) In fact, Id love to see you post a hot pic in a bikini in a few months, see who talks crap then.
  • thesweatybetty
    thesweatybetty Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    For what its worth, I dont think a weight loss of around 3.5 pds a week is extreme. Listen to your doctor and listen to yourself. Im pretty sure your dr would tell you thats within the range of a healthy weight loss, and the benefits of the inches lost, especially those on the waist, will have a tremendous impact on your health. My opinion is, if it makes you healthier and happier, do it. Whatever "it" is for you. We can debate the thousands of ways ppl get there, but you cannot debate the health benefits of a smaller waist line. Good luck to you and I hope to see you stick around. Even if out of spite ;) In fact, Id love to see you post a hot pic in a bikini in a few months, see who talks crap then.

thanks :) I might just have to! I don't expect to lose that much from here on out. I started at 303 pounds and wasn't eating really well (think pint of ice cream every night) so my body lost a lot of water weight and the easy stuff. I know this wont be easy. thanks for the comment. it made me smile :)
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    huge difference in 24 days! Nice :D

thanks!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    GREAT RESULTS!
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    GREAT RESULTS!

thank you :)
  • roni79
    roni79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look awesome! My Chiropractor was telling me about this Wed - It was her last day and she lost around 21 pounds. Was it very expensive? I finish a Biggest Loser with friends next Tuesday (down about 13.5 in 9 weeks). Obviously my loss has slowed and I am looking for a new motivator. I am thinking of trying this challenge OR doing another Biggest Loser at my Y. Were you hungry a lot on this? I am always hungry at night for a snack. ALWAYS. And what about the cleanse days, no meat right?
  • CheekyWu
    CheekyWu Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Omg!!!! Well done!!! U look amazing. Fully agree with naughtyincalli, the health benefits your reaping now are far better than that of 1 month ago. You seem so passionate about it which only shows how happy YOU are with YOUR results (that's all that matters). U've made one hell of a start in getting to your goal!!! Well done again

Good luck x
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    Way to go! You look awesome! My Chiropractor was telling me about this Wed - It was her last day and she lost around 21 pounds. Was it very expensive? I finish a Biggest Loser with friends next Tuesday (down about 13.5 in 9 weeks). Obviously my loss has slowed and I am looking for a new motivator. I am thinking of trying this challenge OR doing another Biggest Loser at my Y. Were you hungry a lot on this? I am always hungry at night for a snack. ALWAYS. And what about the cleanse days, no meat right?

hi there! I ate normal food the whole time! I had ground bison. ground turkey, chicken, and fish on the cleanse, along with a lot of veggies and whole grains like quinoa and brown rice, or whole wheat wraps.

the only times I felt hungry was when I had a really good day at the gym and I figured my metabolism was in overdrive, but if I was hungry I ate. my favorite snacks were sunflower seed butter/or almond butter on rice cakes or apples with peanut butter. I really chose the challenge to break my bad habits of eating a pint of ice cream for dessert every night and it def helped.

the 24 day challenge is pretty expensive ($190) but the cleanse is only $32 and I really recommend it if your trying to get past a slow period or jump start something. it wasnt harsh and I wasn't glued to the toilet.

i'm a snacker at home too, so I would eat some wasa crackers with pb slathered on them and I really enjoyed my nighttime dessert of UMP cookies and cream protein mixed with almond milk and ice. it kind of reminded me of a cookies and cream milk shake.

if you have any other questions please feel free to message me!
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    Omg!!!! Well done!!! U look amazing. Fully agree with naughtyincalli, the health benefits your reaping now are far better than that of 1 month ago. You seem so passionate about it which only shows how happy YOU are with YOUR results (that's all that matters). U've made one hell of a start in getting to your goal!!! Well done again

Good luck x

thank youuuu :) I appreciate your comment!!
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    she said she doesn't log all her food shhh!!!!!!!!!! anyway great job on your loss you did awesome!!!!!!!!!
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    she said she doesn't log all her food shhh!!!!!!!!!! anyway great job on your loss you did awesome!!!!!!!!!

thank you :)
  • iluvtherain
    iluvtherain Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • tlab827
    tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congrats on an awesome loss!

Use that picture as motivation to continue striving toward your health and fitness goals. Some days will be easy and some days will be excruciatingly hard. Don't give up.

I look forward to more success story posts from you in the future :)
  • StephanieMM2013
    Options
    Ug, sorry that you're getting so many rude know-it-alls. I don't get where this phobia of a low calorie diet is coming from. If any of you has any solid research on how bad it is to eat that amount (OTHER THAN MUSCLE LOSS! More muscle DOES NOT equal more health) then I would gladly read.

You did a great job! And the fact that you have more energy is a GREAT sign. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!
  • LilMissTalyn
    LilMissTalyn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE! and I've researched advocares challenge, my husbands friend from highschool is a fitness trainer for an NFL team and swears by it as one of the most effective, healthy "kick starts" and "metabolism boosts" out there! He starts most of his personal clients on it, and suggests to maintain at least the protein post workout but doesn't insist on it, after the initial first month. He's turned couch potatoes into champions in 6 months flat! I'm a believer! Just not a "afforder" cux it's super expensive! lol clean eating and working out would have done that in this time as well, with a high protein count, but I beleive in the benefits of the added nutrients and help of the appetite suppressant especially for the people who have trouble with that initial start up into the life change!

You should be PROUD! of your progress so far and keep at it till goal!

Those that are against your supplements are only uneducated as to what kind of program it is hon! It's not like hydroxys, or methamphetamines, but a lot of people tend to be black and white about everything.

Don't let it steal your thunder, just show em all that it worked for you by keeping up your awesome habits! You look AMAZING!!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    When it comes to supplements you are always going to get questions of concerns. People are always going to look at your diary to see what you are eating and they will comment. Now if you diary shows you are eating less than 1200 calories they are going to comment on it, no need for you to take offense, except explain that you don't log everything

MFP is a forum of people, and people have questions and will ask, especially if they feel you are starving yourself. Which is a logical question to ask.

Congrats on your success, can really see the difference!!!!
  • supaflyjoy
    supaflyjoy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good job! You look great. Don't listen to all of the haters. Obviously they're just jealous. :happy:
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Dont try to defend yourself! You dont' need to. THere are so many know it alls out there. I've been on here for over 4 years and what i've learned is ALOT of ME and MY body. I think you doing the right thing on listenign to your body...eating when your hungry and if you can't eat any more YOU DON"T!!!!!! why people think you need to stuff your face when your not hungry isn't for one normal. Im a huge fan of fasting and this is definatley not a popular thing on here. I don't care. I have learned so pretty aweseom things about how to take care of my body and feed it and NOT feed it. I've done the whole eating all my calories back and gained massive weight....i' ve dont the whole 1200 calories only and that didn't work either. I was strict on macros for years....that didn't work....what worked was listening to my body and learning the food is awesome and not a bad thing. What's bad is so many damn rules people make on themselves. Anyway, you are started in the awesome direction and you should be very proud of yourself!! Just keep up the commitment to change your life and you will never miss the old you. Congrats!!! YOu look amazing and i think the 24 day challange is a wonderful way to get good habits started and bad habits GONE....!! This is what I am doing now and have been doing for a long time. I"m leaner than I've ever been and stronger and healthier!! if your interested check it out! it's change my life forever and i will never go back to the life style of thinking certain foods are bad and certain foods are good. Good luck!

http://eatstopeat.us/
  • nikky31
    nikky31 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    you did amazing!!! Some people don't realize that things can be taken negatively when you feel like your doing great then all of a sudden somebody is saying you should be doing this not that! (I've had so many people tell me that! its like shut up!!! ) But your result are pretty damn awesome :) its no different then people who do the 17 day diet which you drop weight really quick but that diet I was STARVING every day lol. Just go by how your body feels :) Because you look awesome!
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    That's a great loss! Awesome job :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!